2nd Shots today

Go down

2nd Shots today  Empty 2nd Shots today

Post by Guest Sat Oct 06 2012, 06:27

Steffi had her 2nd shots today and microchipping Sad She is feeling very sorry for herself at the moment.. Vet check was all spot on although she is quite small still, 12 weeks and only 6.5kg. But vet said thats ok as she is not too skinny, just little all over Smile .. We still have another 5 weeks before we can go on walkies Sad it's gonna be a lonnng 5 weeks lol but I have been doing a lot of research and found we have a lot of great off leash parks and bushland walks very close to home, we even have a puppy play pen in the next suburb Smile Can't wait.. Hurry up November 14!!!

Back to top Go down

2nd Shots today  Empty Re: 2nd Shots today

Post by Guest Sat Oct 06 2012, 06:57

Why five weeks? With us it was only two weeks after his second needle. But it differs depending on what vet you see, I think. Anyway, it's great that you already know of some good places to take her when she can go on walks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 06 2012, 07:14

ANattyRat wrote:Why five weeks? With us it was only two weeks after his second needle. But it differs depending on what vet you see, I think. Anyway, it's great that you already know of some good places to take her when she can go on walks Smile

In Aus we have 3 lots of shots instead of 2.. I don't know why they must be different vaccines i guess, but its the same i think at all vets here Sad So she has her 3rd shots in 4weeks then 1 week after that we can go for walks and 2 weeks after that we can go to dog parks etc that have a heavier population of doggies.. I can't wait to be able to take her with me she looks so sad in the mornings when I go for a walk and she can't come..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 06 2012, 07:37

Have you started to get her used to the collar and lead already?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 06 2012, 07:45

jstaff wrote:Have you started to get her used to the collar and lead already?

Yes, she is quite good on the lead we walk her in the front yard and I also have her on lead to train and at puppy pre school.. We have also taken her visiting her my sisters house and 2 of her siblings houses and also to visit my parents.. She has been a little social butterfly Laughing Although she does still get super excited to meet people, at the vets today she split my lip with her claw trying to get to a lady in the waiting room to say hello (the lady was none to pleased as she was holding her cat).. I even took treats with me to try to get her to calm but she didn't want anything to do with it..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 06 2012, 08:17

Well, it's probably just all new for her. That said, puppies (apparently Staffs in particular) are exciteable things Laughing. Shame about having to wait five weeks though. Is there anything you can get to kind of carry her in? I've seen a few people suggest that for when their puppies can't go for walks yet, a chance to get them used to surroundings beforehand. I didn't do it with Loki, but something to consider if you don't want her missing out Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 06 2012, 08:34

rolling on the floor I think she is way too hyper to carry her in anything, she often comes in the car with me for me drives and she is use to it now.. It's just people she loves everyone and the ones who dare to show her no attention she tries even harder like "Look at me!! Pat me!! Play with me!!" And after they do pay her attention she calms down in a few minutes.. She is a funny one Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down