What do you mix in with your dogs dry kibble?

+2
janey
Lil Cupcake
6 posters

Go down

What do you mix in with your dogs dry kibble? Empty What do you mix in with your dogs dry kibble?

Post by Lil Cupcake Tue Sep 18 2012, 16:31

Just wondering do you add anything to your dogs dry kibble to prevent your dog getting bored? Smile Just wondering Big Grin

Lil Cupcake
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

What do you mix in with your dogs dry kibble? Empty Re: What do you mix in with your dogs dry kibble?

Post by Guest Tue Sep 18 2012, 16:33

I feed raw, but I know some people add doggie gravy, or a tin of sardines in oil or tomato sauce!

Back to top Go down

What do you mix in with your dogs dry kibble? Empty Re: What do you mix in with your dogs dry kibble?

Post by janey Tue Sep 18 2012, 16:42

Yep, gravy, sardines, raw eggs or my left over stir fry Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Cupcake Tue Sep 18 2012, 16:46

Yeah I`m going to feed raw but was just wondering what kibble feeders do! Smile

Lil Cupcake

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Sep 21 2012, 11:31

Rocky has a little cooked, cooled chicken mixed in with his kibble (Barking Heads).
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21 2012, 11:48

We don't add anything but Suki loves her food

Back to top Go down

Post by caz64 Mon Sep 24 2012, 17:02

getting confused with the portion size for an elderly lady who is getting slow? she is fed twice a day and likes kibble, not upsetting stomach but worried how much she should have per meal. cup portions guide would be great.
caz64
caz64
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Dusty
Dog(s) Ages : 11 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Sep 25 2012, 13:07

caz64 wrote:getting confused with the portion size for an elderly lady who is getting slow? she is fed twice a day and likes kibble, not upsetting stomach but worried how much she should have per meal. cup portions guide would be great.

What kibble do you feed ? What does your dog weigh? I can then work it out for you
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by caz64 Mon Oct 01 2012, 09:47

Hi Kathy, thanks for the offer but we seem to have worked it out now Smile
caz64
caz64

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Dusty
Dog(s) Ages : 11 months
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Megz Mon Nov 05 2012, 23:48

ok newby confusion... what is feeding raw? I was planning on feeding ruby dry dog food & mixing that with table scraps, maybe the occasional treat of some raw chicken, eggs, rice & pasta? I know about not feeding dogs cooked bones, especially chicken so don't need to be told lol Smile thanks!
Megz
Megz

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ruby
Dog(s) Ages : 4 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : female

Back to top Go down

Post by Megz Mon Nov 05 2012, 23:49

Oh, I HATE canned food, it bloody stinks, makes their poo sloppy & boy oh boy can some of them fart!! lmao
Megz
Megz

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Beryltheperil Mon Nov 05 2012, 23:51

We tried Beryl with doggy gravy and she wasn't impressed so left her to dry compete food and doesn't seem to bother her
Beryltheperil
Beryltheperil
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Beryl
Dog(s) Ages : 1-3
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 06 2012, 00:02

Megz wrote:ok newby confusion... what is feeding raw? I was planning on feeding ruby dry dog food & mixing that with table scraps, maybe the occasional treat of some raw chicken, eggs, rice & pasta? I know about not feeding dogs cooked bones, especially chicken so don't need to be told lol Smile thanks!

Feeding Raw is literally feeding a raw food diet.

I feed raw and the diet consists of raw meat, bones, offal and nothing else!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 06 2012, 00:14

I've tried feeding Kuchar raw (after worrying about his fussy feeding habits and read about raw feeding on this site, thanks Ella!) but he just won't have it at any price.

He also doesn't like kibble (too dry, bless him, even when mixed with anything I could think of), so now he is settled on HiLife Complete Moist Mince (both flavours, alternating). But I still have to mix in something else to make it tempting enough to finish the lot but never the same thing two days' running! Sardines, Butcher's Tripe Mix, left-overs from the roast (bits we don't like to eat, no bones of course!) and his very very favourite - pigs liver which I buy each week and bake in the oven, then chop up small and mix in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Megz Tue Nov 06 2012, 04:27

ella wrote:
Megz wrote:ok newby confusion... what is feeding raw? I was planning on feeding ruby dry dog food & mixing that with table scraps, maybe the occasional treat of some raw chicken, eggs, rice & pasta? I know about not feeding dogs cooked bones, especially chicken so don't need to be told lol Smile thanks!

Thanks for that! does feeding raw work out expensive? I'm really hoping Ruby is a "garbage can" style dog, meaning I hope she's happy to eat practically anything, especially scraps from my wasteful kids lol
Megz
Megz

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 06 2012, 04:34

Megz wrote:
ella wrote:

Thanks for that! does feeding raw work out expensive? I'm really hoping Ruby is a "garbage can" style dog, meaning I hope she's happy to eat practically anything, especially scraps from my wasteful kids lol

Depends on a few things.

If you can find a supplier, or good butcher/hunter so you can buy in bulk or get freebies.

Also depends what diet you want to feed.

I feed prey model raw which is just meat, bones and offal. It's feeding whole animals and carcasses as closely as possible.

There is also BARF this is feeding meat, bones and offal. However this diet includes fruit/veg/dairy etc so costs more

It costs me about £10 ish a month to feed my two boys who are 23kg and 47kg Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 06 2012, 07:21

Dempsey's diet is basically the same as Ella's dogs but with modifications. It costs me about £25 a month.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down