Sophie is being sick - different to last time

3 posters

Go down

Sophie is being sick - different to last time Empty Sophie is being sick - different to last time

Post by bobs Fri Sep 14 2012, 12:02

Morning all, Shaz here. After the pizza episode on Tuesday, Sophie has not had any more contraband and was absolutely fine. Last night (well about 4 15 am this morning) we heard her have what we thoght was a drink. On closer examination she was recycling her own vommit sick

Clearing up the mess, it looks like she had done it earlier and ahem buried it Surprised

Put it down to a one off and I took her for a walk about an hour after her breakfast. She has just returned the entire contents of her breakfast.

Before, when she was being ill, (trying not to be too graphic) it was foamy bile. This is traditional undigested chicken/ potato / peas / carrots. Think late night home from the pub !!!

I watch her like a hawk, even in the garden which is just laid to lawn. The only thing she may have had and only perhaps one or two are berries on the ground whilst walking where she is too fast for me to stop her. She has always done this with no ill effect.

I will starve her for the rest of the day but think the pizza on Tuesday was too far ago to be causing this. I have an ice filled kong in the freezer to keep her liquid intake up as she rarely drinks, but apart form a tiny supper just to line her tum she is being starved today. A bit unfortuate cos now son has returned I have just cooked him a pile of bacon sarnies Blushing

Not that she would have had any, but the smell has permeatated the house and it still seems a bit cruel somehow Crying or Very sad

Any suggestions, she seems fine in herself.

bobs
bobs
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sophie
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Sophie is being sick - different to last time Empty Re: Sophie is being sick - different to last time

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14 2012, 12:24

It could still be from the pizza. Starving her is the right route to go even if it seems cruel. Tomorrow start her slowly back on on solid foods and hopefully she will be okay.

Back to top Go down

Sophie is being sick - different to last time Empty Re: Sophie is being sick - different to last time

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14 2012, 12:39

I agree, although it seems a long time ago, it could still be a sensitive tum from it.

If she's ok in herself, I wouldn't worry too much. Just the usual 24 hour starve (poor thing). Does she have diarrhea?

Back to top Go down

Post by bobs Fri Sep 14 2012, 12:43

Nope so far that end is ok. She has just been for the second time today (after watching me clean up the garden). Both times nice and healthy.

That end has always been pretty much ok applause
bobs
bobs

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Fri Sep 14 2012, 12:51

Is it possible the pizze had some spicey in it? Spicy food can take a few days to upset the stomach sometimes. As she seem fine in her self, I wouldnt worry too much. Poor Sophie having to smell that bacon in the air Wink still I bet you all pleased to have son back Big Grin
Staffy lover
Staffy lover

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by bobs Fri Sep 14 2012, 13:00

Sophie went ballistic when son walked in. She has had a sort of swagger about her since he has been back telling us normal service is resumed Big Grin

Son informs me it was a meat feast pizza Blushing
bobs
bobs

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Fri Sep 14 2012, 13:12

How nice for Sophie to have a sort of swagger and sadly the meat feast pizza is spicy so that could well oooppss! explain.
Staffy lover
Staffy lover

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by bobs Fri Sep 14 2012, 13:26

I will be giving her a duvet day and sticking her in front of the telly on the sofa surrounded by cushions Laughing
bobs
bobs

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14 2012, 16:09

I have Coeliac disease, and when I eat gluten, I don't get any symptoms until a week or so later. Could be a similar sort of thing, a delayed reaction.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14 2012, 16:40

hope she's feeling better soon Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobs Fri Sep 14 2012, 17:40

She seems fine in herself. She has had a small saucer of her usual. It's horrible if you get an acid stomach on top of everything else.

Interesting what you say about a delayed reaction to the gluten. The vet has pretty much confirmed Sophie is celiac. She wouldn't normally have anything wheat based, it was just some contraband pizza she ended up with on Tuesday night.

I have also taken away her rawhyde bone for tonight. AGain, she is fine with that but I have 're-activated' her stag bar and she is quite content munching on that at the mo. applause

Will keep you posted.
bobs
bobs

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14 2012, 20:56

Hope she is feeling better soon

Back to top Go down

Post by bobs Sun Sep 16 2012, 09:18

Morning all. Shaz here >Big Grin< Just to let you know that after being violently sick twice Sophie has been fine since. She had a small saucer of food in the evening and again in the morning and is now back to normal rations.

Thanks for caring >Big Grin< >Big Grin< >Big Grin<
bobs
bobs

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 16 2012, 09:22

Glad that she is feeling better Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Tue Sep 18 2012, 15:13

So glad she is feeling better >Big Grin<
Staffy lover
Staffy lover

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by BELFAST BLUE WARRIOR Tue Sep 18 2012, 22:45

I have had a a good view problems in this area aswell it could be the grass people have told me they eat the grass to clean themselves out. sometimes it would give them a bit of the runs poop sometimes they be sick though a few days ago i fed blue just as i normally do some wet food and bit of dry food and he threw the lot back up like straight after eating it and then began to recycle it aswell sick but keep an eye on him/her to be on the safe side Big Grin
BELFAST BLUE WARRIOR
BELFAST BLUE WARRIOR
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Blue
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by bobs Wed Sep 19 2012, 07:47

Morning all. Shaz here. We try not to let Sophie eat grass (by keeping the lawn as short as possible) but you can't stop her snaffling a bit on her walks.

It doesn't make her ill as she doesn't injest enough, it's the string of pearls it creates the following day that is the problem as she tears round the garden trying to get rid and you have to grab her quick with a tissue or she will take it indoors Surprised Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

The pizza episode was on the Tuesday night and she was sick Thursday night and Friday but has been perfect since, so we will have to assume it was the pizza. Does confirm our thoughts about her being celiac though.
bobs
bobs

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down