bella and kai

2 posters

Go down

bella and kai Empty bella and kai

Post by bella3712 Tue Sep 04 2012, 09:25

morning guys

just took kai and bella out for a walk................
with my slipped disc opppppppppssssssssssssss lol
she has a normal lead and collar and kai has a halti.
he was a complete nightmare, i dont know whats the matter with him lately he aint doing a thing I tell him and he kept pulling me,so we were stopping a lot.

Bella was all over the place as well, so everytime they both pulled I stopped, she did walk quite well some of the time,then decided to pull, Ive come home with the right hump and in pain lol

Am I doing the right thing ?

On a good note Ive just had a 10 minute training session with her,and taught her to sit and stay and she got it on the 2nd time,.

what is the easiest way to teach her to give paw,b ive just been telling her paw and holding it then give her a treat,

Also she dont go a wee or poo when we are out, so I took her in the garden and she didnt do nothing,then when i was on here she wee'd in the kitchen Surprised

sorry for the long post,just keeping you all updated
xx
bella3712
bella3712
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bella
Dog(s) Ages : 6 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

bella and kai Empty Re: bella and kai

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04 2012, 09:29

I would honestly see if you can find someone to take them for you until your back is healed. You could hurt it more severly if you recieve a sudden jerk.

Keep them out until they go and than give lots of praise. Make sure that after play, sleep or feeding they are taken out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04 2012, 11:47

Sounds like you're doing the right thing, just that you have to be persistent. That said, back injuries can be very complicated, so try not to overdo it.

As for the toilet training, when you take her out (when she wakes up, after she eats, etc.), just stay out there with her until she does something and then make her feel like she's the cleverest puppy in existence Big Grin. Also watch when she's in the house; if she starts sniffing the floor a lot and walking in circles, she's most likely about to do something, so take her out then. When Loki was younger, he wouldn't like to go outside when it was cold and rainy at night, so we'd just pick him up and put him outside and not let him back in until he had a wee, and he very quickly understood that the sooner he goes, the sooner we'll all be inside the warm house getting cuddles and/or sleep Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Sep 04 2012, 12:43

Walkies are painful for me too most of the time. I have a grossly degenerated disc in my back along with nerve damage which causes great pain. My hubby has to do most of the lead walking and I just walk along with them.

Thankfully Rocky loves to sniff everything so this gives me lots of breaks while out and about. Just have to take things really steady. I can feel your pain.

Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down