+3
bowser
gem
Staffiesrus
7 posters

Go down

1 versus 2 Empty 1 versus 2

Post by Staffiesrus Thu Aug 09 2012, 07:50

Just looking everyones opinion or experiences of owning two Staffords.
Molly is nearly 8 months now and a dream to have. She is so obedient.
In October we are getting a Mini Bull Terrier(all being well), he will be 8 weeks old.
Molly will then be 10 months.
I am hoping he will pick up Mollys good behaviour but maybe I'm just being hopefull!!
I have owned two dogs before, Bonnie my old English Bull from a pup who died at 7 1/2 years to kidney failure and shadow, a Staffordshire Bull who we adopted at 7 years old. Bonnie was 2 when we got shadow.
Im interested in hearing all stories and especially anyone who may have two that will be similar ages to Molly and our new Mini which will be 10 months and 8 weeks at that time.
Thanks

Staffiesrus
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
1 versus 2 Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 42

Back to top Go down

1 versus 2 Empty Re: 1 versus 2

Post by gem Thu Aug 09 2012, 09:26

My girl was 3 when I got my dog she had a great temperment and a loving heart I was so nervous about getting another but I felt in my case she was a great help in teaching him right from wrong good and bad. The transition and stages of them both was easy and a pleasure to be honest. Before he came into our lives I always felt my girl was not contented she loved her human family but lost a little something in just being a dog.
I would say if you have time, finances, commitment, and love to go around then why not Big Grin
gem
gem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by bowser Thu Aug 09 2012, 09:40

Hi. We have Skye who is 3 and we kept Bowser from her litter last year. They are brilliant together.
They eat, sleep, play and follow each other everywhere.
Training was so easy as he just did everything that she did.
The only thing we are having to work on is, when we fuss Skye, bowser barges his way in because he thinks he's missing out, although they both get loads of attention!!! Laughing
bowser
bowser
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skye and Bowser
Dog(s) Ages : 4 yrs 2 yrs
Dog Gender(s) : Female Male
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Laws Thu Aug 09 2012, 21:45

im interested in hearing this too as my ziggy is 2 and a lovely boy , loving and a fuss pot , and we want a fellow playmate for him
Laws
Laws
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Ziggy
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 09 2012, 21:49

I dont want to s

A mini bull? Are you serious? How much patience do you have? Laughing They are SO lively!

Back to top Go down

Post by kate32 Thu Aug 09 2012, 22:06

We got maisy at 11 months, she is so lovely and playfull so I knew she'd accept another, (i really wanted a boy) we got scooby just over a year later, he's 3 so there's a year between them. They get on really well. The problem I'm having is that she has taken on the protector role so when on walks she can be a little choosey with other dogs, and she doesn't like other dogs approaching scooby, she has to greet first. But I love having 2 about the house, I think its nice for them to have a playmate and its made my family complete, me the oh 2 kids and 2 staffies...perfect Smile
kate32
kate32

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : maisy n scooby
Dog(s) Ages : 2 n 3
Dog Gender(s) : female n male
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffiesrus Thu Aug 09 2012, 22:33

Caryll wrote: I dont want to s

A mini bull? Are you serious? How much patience do you have? Laughing They are SO lively!

Compared to my 2 1/2 year old sun anything is calm. Smile

Staffiesrus
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
1 versus 2 Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Aug 09 2012, 23:02

I would love another and one day I will have 2, I think Moo would make a great role model Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10 2012, 00:03

We have the 2 (just under 21 months between them and would have made the gap a little bigger if doing it all over again. Tommy loves Tilly to bits especially for a good scrap, walking off lead with Tommy is very easy as he just folloews Tilly around copying her Big Grin, but I would say that is all he has learnt off her for the moment

Back to top Go down

Post by Chantel Fri Aug 10 2012, 10:01

They say a bigger gap between two dogs are better. It is advise we obviously ignored because Maska just seemed so lonely, regardless of me being home all day and giving him all my attention.

We got Loki when Maska was 10 months old. They have had just over 4 month together. I will be honest, in the first few weeks Maska's training regressed a bit, because now he wasn't the center of attention, and he did naughty stuff to get the attention. It didn't last long though. He realised that they both received as much attention as the other, and he went back to his "nice" ways. Now they get on really well, and Loki does pick up a lot of her training and behaviour from Maska.

Also, I have the benefit of working from home, so I am here to supervise when play gets too rough etc. (Play with them is always rough, because in essence Maska is still a puppy, but he has the weight advantage and Loki was 1.8kg when we got her at 8 weeks. She was tiny)
Chantel
Chantel

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Maska & Loki
Dog(s) Ages : Maska 1 year and a bit & Loki 6 months
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 127

Back to top Go down