Anybody have any idea what this might be

+2
janey
steve76
6 posters

Go down

Anybody have any idea what this might be  Empty Anybody have any idea what this might be

Post by Guest Mon Jul 30 2012, 18:54

Tommy has just had this pink blemish develop on his snout over the last few days, anybody have any ideas

Anybody have any idea what this might be  DSC03192

Anybody have any idea what this might be  DSC03197

It appears to be ever so slightly raised like a little blister , just curiously appeared, could it be related to the large amount of sun we seem to have been having lately ??

Back to top Go down

Anybody have any idea what this might be  Empty Re: Anybody have any idea what this might be

Post by Guest Mon Jul 30 2012, 19:32

It looks like to me a small wound or spot thats scab/head has fallen off, and the new pink skin underneath is exposed ( this new skin will darken )

You may not of noticed a scab if he had one in this area, but as it healed the new pink skin has become more noticeable against his black pigment on his muzzle so accounting for you seeing it now.

Its either that or his one of them new extremely rare pink spotted Sbt's whistling

Back to top Go down

Anybody have any idea what this might be  Empty Re: Anybody have any idea what this might be

Post by Guest Mon Jul 30 2012, 19:32

Has he maybe brushed any nettles? Maybe he is turning into a pit bull Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 30 2012, 19:35

Denise wrote:It looks like to me a small wound or spot thats scab/head has fallen off, and the new pink skin underneath is exposed ( this new skin will darken )

You may not of noticed a scab if he had one in this area, but as it healed the new pink skin has become more noticeable against his black pigment on his muzzle so accounting for you seeing it now.

Its either that or his one of them new extremely rare pink spotted Sbt's whistling

I'll just have to see , as we've been away he's been ferreting about in all sorts and you're right I certainly didn't notice a scab.

So these new rare pink spotted SBT's ...ahem...any idea what one's worth if I put it on Gumtree or something , could maybe try out the FB forum first though ......................

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 30 2012, 19:38

Hayley wrote:Has he maybe brushed any nettles? Maybe he is turning into a pit bull Tongues

Think he's already turning into something . He has a funny old growl every time you pick him up , proper little grumpalump followed by a big lick to con you and then some sharp teeth in your nose. But on the plus side he had 2 accidents last week in a strange environment (though 1 was on the pub floor) and as he's been so good he is now sleeping in a big boy bed in my daughter's room without a crate, thouigh if we go out he will be in the crate as a precaution.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 30 2012, 21:14

Dave Kodi's got one of these the last few days and it was from where Maz's tooth caught him when playing didnt break the skin but went this pink colour after a day i dont know
Anybody have any idea what this might be  IMG_1900

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 30 2012, 22:08

Looks like a healing scab to me as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by steve76 Mon Jul 30 2012, 23:35

could be a nettle or wasp sting or an insect bite, is there any discharge?
steve76
steve76
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Marley
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Jul 30 2012, 23:42

Cute nose pics Love Struck

I doubt its anything to worry about Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by dodge Tue Jul 31 2012, 00:00

Hi Dave

Sorry nothing to do with the pink spot, but i agree with the others, prolly an insect bite.

do you have anymore pics of Tommy, he looks similar to my pup.

How old is he? i see it says 3 months on your profile, but i think i read in another of your posts he older than that.
dodge
dodge
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Ralphy
Dog(s) Ages : 19 Weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Boy
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 31 2012, 01:57

I've been doing some research and it appears that Tommy is actually turning into madonna. Just please don't let him wear spandex. Ain't nobody got time for dat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 31 2012, 06:44

dodge wrote:Hi Dave

Sorry nothing to do with the pink spot, but i agree with the others, prolly an insect bite.

do you have anymore pics of Tommy, he looks similar to my pup.

How old is he? i see it says 3 months on your profile, but i think i read in another of your posts he older than that.

Hi Dodge , there are many pics all over the forum and in the galleries of my 2 , Tommy is actually 15 weeks tomorrow now just been a bit busy with stuff for the last couple of weeks so not updated Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 31 2012, 06:45

Hayley wrote:I've been doing some research and it appears that Tommy is actually turning into madonna. Just please don't let him wear spandex. Ain't nobody got time for dat.

Oooh OOh maybe get him to record a CD before his voice breaks Laughing Think you're right as at times she's been a bit of a growler too Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Jul 31 2012, 08:43

I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it gets or looks any worse.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by munschk Tue Jul 31 2012, 14:48

Could also be a pimple, Hiccup had one, no idea what caused it. Then it 'popped' and went away completely.
munschk
munschk
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Hiccup
Dog(s) Ages : 24 November 2011
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 51

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 31 2012, 15:26

looks like what memphis gets if he plays with his boomber ball to long waers the fur offc and goes pink normally disapears after a few weeks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 01 2012, 19:20

maybe ... it does seem to be getting a little darker now (I've been away for a couple of days and just got back)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 01 2012, 20:31

Laughing @ the gumtree comment Dave

It looks like its just been knocked on something or a bite like already said. I shouldn't think it is anything to worry about. If it was a bite it was a brave insect to pick on Tommy, he's solid

Back to top Go down

Post by -RYAN- Fri Aug 03 2012, 08:40

I took my pup in to the vets with exactly the same and was told it was a cyst and can take up to 6 months to clear up. He didnt give me a reason for it appearing though.

-RYAN-
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Vinny
Dog(s) Ages : 9 months
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down