Shampoo

Go down

Shampoo  Empty Shampoo

Post by Guest Fri Jan 07 2011, 14:02

Hi

My puppy is a bit wiffy and I think he needs a bath ( I know you are not supposed to bath them often).
What would you use to bath him as staffys have sensitive skin. A friend who is a dog groomer recommended Groomers for puppies.
I make my own soaps and was wondering if I made one with just olive oil, a pure castille soap which is a very gentle soap, with no scent, would this be fine as it would contain no chemicals unlike the liquid Gromers soap.

Smile

Back to top Go down

Shampoo  Empty Re: Shampoo

Post by Cornish-Muscle Fri Jan 07 2011, 14:10

I used to use baby shampoo (Johnsons) But after fighting with her in the bathroom, I now use a dry foam shampoo.

I can't see anything wrong with using a home made soap, I think it would probably be better, at least you know what is going into it.
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 07 2011, 14:55

I would think that would be fine. Either that, or if you're feeling lazy, a bottle of mild puppy shampoo from the pet shop! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 07 2011, 14:57

Caryll wrote:I would think that would be fine. Either that, or if you're feeling lazy, a bottle of mild puppy shampoo from the pet shop! Big Grin

Caryll do you know anything that is for allergies Milly is still scratching abit and I want to try to calm her skin?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 07 2011, 14:58

i also used johnsons on memphis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 07 2011, 15:00

Tracie-Milly-Moos Mum wrote:
Caryll wrote:I would think that would be fine. Either that, or if you're feeling lazy, a bottle of mild puppy shampoo from the pet shop! Big Grin

Caryll do you know anything that is for allergies Milly is still scratching abit and I want to try to calm her skin?

Is it all over, or just a small area?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 07 2011, 15:02

certain areas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 07 2011, 15:04

Try rubbing a little vaseline on if it's just small areas, or even some sudocrem. That's if you don't mind it getting on to furniture!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 07 2011, 15:12

Will do I just think her skin is a dit dry and needs some oil any suggestions

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 07 2011, 15:14

Well, you could try just rubbing a small amount of olive oil through her coat, and adding some cod or salmon liver oil to her dinner a couple of times a week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 07 2011, 15:18

Caryll wrote:Well, you could try just rubbing a small amount of olive oil through her coat, and adding some cod or salmon liver oil to her dinner a couple of times a week.

Olive Oil we use

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down