Back after a break

4 posters

Go down

Back after a break Empty Back after a break

Post by flounder Mon Jul 02 2012, 14:23

Hi all,
sorry we haven't been around for a while, been mooching but haven't posted for what seems like forever.
Well, Summer is now a year old and we have had her for 10 months (seems like a lifetime lol)
She has come on so much in the time we have had her, we had issues with her refusing to do her business on her walks and would only do it in the garden, this all changed when we took her camping in April, the poor thing must've been dying to have a wee, but she was having none of it, we arrived at 10am and she didn't go until 7pm, so we thought great, she will be fine when we go for walks when we go home, mommy your having a laugh, she still refuses to do anything apart from her own garden, unless we are away camping! Oh well, if this is what she wants then so be it.
The no dogs in the bedrooms rule went straight out the window just after xmas, she sleeps in my bed and has to be virtually dragged out in the morning, she is allowed in the kids rooms but only when they are in there (kids rules not mine). She gets on great with the cats, although gives our oldie a wide berth, well, we all do, grumpy mare she is.
The chewing has stopped, although she does steal the odd thing when she is in windup mode, she loves workmens tool boxes, so she is banished to another room when they arrive.
Summer is still a little submissive, which is a good thing when meeting new people as she doesn't knock them flying like she does with people she knows, then her manners go out the window!
She isn't scared of loud noises, fireworks, thunder and drilling, which is great, and if she hers something not right she will bark and investigate. The only things she hates is when she can hear, but not see kids is screaming and crying, its as if her mothering instinct tells her she needs to help them, if she can see them she doesn't bat an eyelid, funny little girl.
The only thing that hasn't changed is she is still not bright, the lights are on but no-one is home sort of thing, but think a few staffies are like that and we wouldn't change her for the world.
Thanks for letting me ramble on and I promise that I will not leave it so long next time.
Love to all
Wendy, Summer and boys xxx
flounder
flounder
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Summer
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Back after a break Empty Re: Back after a break

Post by Nosipho Mon Jul 02 2012, 14:46

Haha! Laughing Sounds like shes getting on great. Glad she has fitted so well into your family and has gotten over most of her naughty puppy habits! I'm sure shes not dopey maybe shes just clever in different ways to other dogs. Nice to hear from you thanks for the update!
Nosipho
Nosipho
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Jul 02 2012, 14:58

Thanks for the update, and I'm pleased she has settled in so well, now where are the pics??????? Big Grin
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Jul 02 2012, 18:56

Thanks for the update, sounds like she is fitting in really well with your family.

Looking forward to the next installment
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006