zylkene - experiances?

2 posters

Go down

zylkene - experiances? Empty zylkene - experiances?

Post by asa-james Sun Jul 01 2012, 23:19

i was given some for Lola when i moved house earlier on the year, but didnt use all the pills. now that she's a bit of a wreck in the car, and having to take a 3 hour car ride with her in a couple of weeks, i was wondering whet peoples experiances with zylkene have been, and if they are right for car journy's.

and i know people will recomment thundershirts and dap spray, but money doesnt allow it at the minute
asa-james
asa-james
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 117

Back to top Go down

zylkene - experiances? Empty Re: zylkene - experiances?

Post by Rachel33 Mon Jul 02 2012, 11:10

Hello!! Firstly I LOVE your profile picture, she looks so happy Big Grin Big Grin

Secondly, I work in a rescue centre and we use zylkene for our dogs there. All I can say is it's totally trial and error, obviously our dogs are constantly in a high stress situation so we wouldn't see the effects as much as we would in a home environment. But some dogs it simply doesn't touch and others do seem a little calmer after a week or so of being on it, however they may just be settling into kennel life.

It's a natural product so it shouldn't do any harm or have too many adverse effects even if it doesn't work so there's no harm in trying it. I would say Lola would need to take it for at least a week, preferably a fortnight before going into the "scary" situation, so if it's just a one off, go for it, but if the car rides are more regular she would have to be taking it all of the time. A friend of mine has a thundershirt for her rescue dog who's scared of everything and swears by it, and we also use DAP collars for some of our especially stressed dogs in kennels. I think these products are great alongside training but a lot of money to spend if there's no training going along with them as you'll be using them forever! Hope this helps and good luck Smile
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down