Hello, may be joining the wonderful world of the Staffie owner :)

+5
dave g
Steve
Kathy
janey
Rachael1977
9 posters

Go down

Hello, may be joining the wonderful world of the Staffie owner :) Empty Hello, may be joining the wonderful world of the Staffie owner :)

Post by Rachael1977 Fri Jun 29 2012, 12:47

Hi there

We have been looking into getting a puppy since moving to an area with plenty of parks and countryside and a fab secured garden.

Myself and my partner love staffies, always have - and we are due to see some pups in their home environment with mum and dad this afternoon Smile Very exciting, although I am keeping feet on the ground for several reasons.

The main one being we have two cats (both neutered and mature, one very laidback one more typical of a cat of three years old). The cats do not live in the main house, they reside in our cellar, which is a large working cellar with garden access via a cat flap or the main cellar door.

I have looked through the forum reading a lot of posts about staffs and cats and the right and wrong ways of introducing them and dealing with any possible issues. I've also seen that given time and patience and the right attitude of the owners that harmony can most certainly be achieved!

So just after some advice really before we make a decision - we have other breeds of dog in mind however in terms of us having three children (the youngest is four but a gentle soul) we would love to have a real 'family' dog that can grow with us and share our life, aswell as joining us on a good calorie bashing walk everyday!

Rachael1977
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Hello, may be joining the wonderful world of the Staffie owner :) Empty Re: Hello, may be joining the wonderful world of the Staffie owner :)

Post by janey Fri Jun 29 2012, 13:15

Hi & Hello, may be joining the wonderful world of the Staffie owner :) Welcome

Welcome to the staffordshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you have decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household Smile

If you would like to enter your dog(s), puppy(s) or another pet(s) you may have into our Monthly Competition, voting starts on the 20th of every month, if you are lucky your dog maybe placed on our Hall Of Fame page on our website.

Just one last thing before you look around could you please just have a quick look At This Poll, we would love to know how you found us.

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

Hello, may be joining the wonderful world of the Staffie owner :) Icon_arrow Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
Hello, may be joining the wonderful world of the Staffie owner :) Icon_arrow Here are a List of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
Hello, may be joining the wonderful world of the Staffie owner :) Icon_arrow You can ask for Help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
Hello, may be joining the wonderful world of the Staffie owner :) Icon_arrow How to update your Profile information
Hello, may be joining the wonderful world of the Staffie owner :) Icon_arrow If you have any ideas to improve the forum please let us know Your Feedback Here.
Hello, may be joining the wonderful world of the Staffie owner :) Icon_arrow We have a Website with alot of information if you would like to view it.
Hello, may be joining the wonderful world of the Staffie owner :) Icon_arrow Make a Donation to help us to keep improving our forum and website.
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Hello, may be joining the wonderful world of the Staffie owner :) Empty Re: Hello, may be joining the wonderful world of the Staffie owner :)

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29 2012, 13:37

Hi and welcome to the forum from Tyson and me. For me there is no better dog for a young family than a Staffie. Of course you will need to go that extra mile as they are high energy and demand a lot of face time with their people. I introduced Tyson to two mature cats and in the main, with lots of patience, they co-exist well with the odd cat chase now and then (he is simply after a game).

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Jun 29 2012, 14:21

Hi and welcome to the forum from Rocky and me.

You may well find that an adult staffy will need more than one walk a day Love Struck . We take Rocky for 3 * 1 hour walks per day. He is now nearly 3 years old though and a puppy wouldn't need that much walking to start with.

As for cats sorry cannot comment never had one.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Fri Jun 29 2012, 14:39

Hi & welcome to the forum Smile

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dave g Fri Jun 29 2012, 18:41

welcome Big Grin
dave g
dave g

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : bauer and pilot
Dog Gender(s) : both male
Support total : 193

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29 2012, 20:23

Hi & welcome!

What part of the world are you from?

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffiesrus Fri Jun 29 2012, 21:11

Welcome!!

Staffiesrus
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Hello, may be joining the wonderful world of the Staffie owner :) Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29 2012, 21:33

Hello and welcome from me and the kids Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29 2012, 21:50

Hi welcome to the forum >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29 2012, 22:14

Hi and welcome from us and Suki. I had a cat with my last dog. She would chase and play with him bit never hurt him. I think it helped that they grew up together so she was used to him always being around

Back to top Go down

Post by Irene Fri Jun 29 2012, 22:14

Hello and welcome to the forum from Zac and me Smile

Irene

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Zac
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 30 2012, 09:34

Hi and welcome from me, Millie and Bella Smile
Bella is fine with my cat. She will chase her now and again trying to play but doesn't hurt her. Most of the time they just ignore each other.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat Jun 30 2012, 09:44

Welcome from Max and me, Staffy all the way!! Big Grin .. you may find adult cats will sometimes bully a pup at first, which isnt always a bad thing when a strong breed like a staffy is small enough for them to, but pup wont hold a grudge, and you'll find it'll actually bring them closer later on Wink

From what you've said, you sound idealy placed to give a staff a good home thumbs up
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Melwilk47 Sun Jul 01 2012, 06:39

Hello and welcome from Juno, Jack & I! Smile
I have 2 staffies, Juno (female 1 year old) and Jack (male 6 month old). I also have two cats, a 2 year old and a 1 and a half year old. The dogs are actually a little bit scared of the cats and generally will stay out of their way, if the dogs get too close sometimes either of the cats will hiss and chase after them, but nobody ever gets hurt. The cats usually cuddle up together at one end of the couch or with us and the pups cuddle up at the other end, or with us! Smile Sometimes they even all fall asleep up the same end of the couch. They are very used to each other and are still basically growing up together, so if they are this comfortable now, I believe it will only get better.
Also important to note that my cats came first (similar to your potential situation), then the staffies, so Jasper my eldest cat is the king of the house and lets everyone know about it Big Grin
So basically I have not found it a problem at all, but as always every dog is different and every cat is different, so having a good introduction plan helps. Smile
Melwilk47
Melwilk47
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Hello, may be joining the wonderful world of the Staffie owner :) Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jack & Juno
Dog(s) Ages : 7 months & 14 months
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down