Toothy pegs!

3 posters

Go down

Toothy pegs! Empty Toothy pegs!

Post by Jellytot Thu Jun 21 2012, 15:52

Hi all

Last night Ralph was playing with my sister in law's 2 year old staffy, playing tug and generally messing about. I noticed quite a lot of blood in his mouth, but when I tried to look he wouldn't let me - he was too hyper - but when he was asleep I moved in for the kill!

I noticed that 3 of his bottom teeth have come out already - but I'm a bit worried because he's only 15 weeks and I didn't think that they would have fallen out yet?!

Other thing, they have left quite nasty 'holes', they look quite sore and they bled quite a lot. I'm wondering if him playing has caused them to come out too soon. Will this be a problem for him? I know the new ones will come through eventually... but he looks very 'gappy'!!

Thanks

Jo
Jellytot
Jellytot
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ralph
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 73

Back to top Go down

Toothy pegs! Empty Re: Toothy pegs!

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21 2012, 16:02

The best way to get the baby teeth to fall out Big Grin I play tugging on an old sock game with all my teething pups.
The small front and bottom baby teeth are the 1st to start falling out, the gum will look sore, but the area will heal quickly Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jellytot Thu Jun 21 2012, 16:20

But at only 15 weeks?
Jellytot
Jellytot

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21 2012, 16:27

They start teething anything from about 12 weeks to 16 weeks, and it carries on for about 6 weeks or so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Thu Jun 21 2012, 16:56

Oh the joys of baby teeth I guess Tank will be gappy soon then...

I remember when Diesel was loosing teeth, she was playing tug and her top k9 teeth pinged out !
Another occasion she had been chewing a rock in the garden and it gad loosened a back tooth but it didn't fall out, I had to pull it out as it was dangling from 1 side ewww lol
Jackieb
Jackieb

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by georgeslough Thu Jun 21 2012, 21:42

We have a staffy cross who is nearly 7 months and still has his baby teeth - is this normal or not?
georgeslough
georgeslough
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21 2012, 21:44

georgeslough wrote:We have a staffy cross who is nearly 7 months and still has his baby teeth - is this normal or not?

I would say that's incredibly unusual. If the adult teeth have come through & his baby teeth are still there you should either work them out yourself, or get your vet to do it - they could make the new teeth grow wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21 2012, 22:57

Jellytot wrote:Hi all

Last night Ralph was playing with my sister in law's 2 year old staffy, playing tug and generally messing about. I noticed quite a lot of blood in his mouth, but when I tried to look he wouldn't let me - he was too hyper - but when he was asleep I moved in for the kill!

I noticed that 3 of his bottom teeth have come out already - but I'm a bit worried because he's only 15 weeks and I didn't think that they would have fallen out yet?!

Other thing, they have left quite nasty 'holes', they look quite sore and they bled quite a lot. I'm wondering if him playing has caused them to come out too soon. Will this be a problem for him? I know the new ones will come through eventually... but he looks very 'gappy'!!

Thanks

Jo

Completly normal and no need to worry. Frozed Kongs or frozed sliced vegetables like sweet potato or carrots will help with the pain

georgeslough wrote:We have a staffy cross who is nearly 7 months and still has his baby teeth - is this normal or not?

I would advise a trip to the vet. The baby teeth could cause the adult teeth to grow incorrectly and lead to a long term issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 22 2012, 07:32

Can't wait for Tommy's first teeth to come out , they bloody hurt >Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jellytot Fri Jun 22 2012, 08:56

I have just noticed that the new ones are coming through so I am less concerned now! Thank you all!
Jellytot
Jellytot

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 22 2012, 10:07

davemck3834 wrote:Can't wait for Tommy's first teeth to come out , they bloody hurt >Smile

I really don't miss those needle sharp points they have in their mouths - like pirhanas!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum