Caley's First Walk

2 posters

Go down

Caley's First Walk Empty Caley's First Walk

Post by debtom Sun Jun 17 2012, 09:39

OK, so we took her for her first walk, I was expecting nervousness, reluctance to move...but no she absolutely loved it tried to say hello to everyone and tinkling everytime someone made a fuss of her, bless, the only problem I had was trying to get her back indoors she didn't budged Laughing

One issue I do have is we now let her run around in the garden, before she was on the lead on the concrete to go toilet, but now she is allowed on the grass to play but all she does is eat the grass, how do I handle this?

debtom
debtom
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Caley's First Walk Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Caley
Dog(s) Ages : Born 2 April 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 18

Back to top Go down

Caley's First Walk Empty Re: Caley's First Walk

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17 2012, 09:44

debtom wrote:OK, so we took her for her first walk, I was expecting nervousness, reluctance to move...but no she absolutely loved it tried to say hello to everyone and tinkling everytime someone made a fuss of her, bless, the only problem I had was trying to get her back indoors she didn't budged Laughing

One issue I do have is we now let her run around in the garden, before she was on the lead on the concrete to go toilet, but now she is allowed on the grass to play but all she does is eat the grass, how do I handle this?

Officially the grass isn't good for her as it can give her poo problems and you will no doubt at some point have to assist her , you need to discourage her with a firm no and maybe some bribery with treats . It is very hard and I know there are lots of members on here whose dogs are serial grass munchers , Tilly included and also Tommy who is picking this one thin up from his big sister.

Good luck Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17 2012, 09:48

BTW fantastic news on the first walk , daresay that was made much easier by the lead for a pee routine that you've been doing. Our vet has advised me that as long as our present animals are vaccinated (which Tilly is) then he's ok on the grass in our garden so he's had the free run since we got him just over a week ago, though he was a little reluctant to go much further than just outside the front door for a few days , now he's just a garden bound nutter and into everything

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Jun 17 2012, 10:02

Well done on completing your first walk. The grass munching seems to be a popular problem try distracting her with a toy or small treat.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17 2012, 14:13

Congratulations on enjoying your first work with your pup.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17 2012, 17:32

Glad the first walk went well. We use a water gun to discourage the behaviour.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down