new member few pics of my dog (new pics taken tday 12/1/11

+2
janey
jaykay
6 posters

Go down

new member few pics of my dog (new pics taken tday 12/1/11 Empty new member few pics of my dog (new pics taken tday 12/1/11

Post by jaykay Mon Dec 27 2010, 23:06

hi all, new to the forum so here is a few pics of my dog "macks" he is your irish type staff red brindle colour, he is a rescue dog and we have had around 6 month now he is very well behaved and very good natured we got him after i lost my last irish staff at 15 years old due to old age around a year ago. so we decided to give a dog a home from the local rescue centre we went to "just" have a look and fell in love with him straight away and got him the next day its the best thing i have done in a long time.

new member few pics of my dog (new pics taken tday 12/1/11 100_0974

new member few pics of my dog (new pics taken tday 12/1/11 100_0976

new member few pics of my dog (new pics taken tday 12/1/11 100_0973

new member few pics of my dog (new pics taken tday 12/1/11 100_0972

new member few pics of my dog (new pics taken tday 12/1/11 100_0799

new member few pics of my dog (new pics taken tday 12/1/11 100_0793

new member few pics of my dog (new pics taken tday 12/1/11 100_0790

he is around 17" doesnt like the tape measure so cant get exact size but he ways in at 30kg
just under 5st and is solid and very fit. let me know what you think. cheers.

Last edited by jaykay on Wed Jan 12 2011, 20:30; edited 2 times in total
jaykay
jaykay
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : macks
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

new member few pics of my dog (new pics taken tday 12/1/11 Empty Re: new member few pics of my dog (new pics taken tday 12/1/11

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27 2010, 23:16

He is absolutely gorgeous, he's got the stance of a boxer, is there any boxer in him do you know? He's got lovely colouring too - stunning staffy Smile

Back to top Go down

new member few pics of my dog (new pics taken tday 12/1/11 Empty Re: new member few pics of my dog (new pics taken tday 12/1/11

Post by jaykay Mon Dec 27 2010, 23:20

thanks for the comment, no there isnt any boxer in him there is probably a bit ebt in him as i can see it certain ways when looking at him. at times he seems to have a longer narrow face like the ebt.
jaykay
jaykay

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27 2010, 23:28

Well whatever he does or doesn't have in him, he's a stunning looking dog. he sits so proud, like he knows how good he looks! My friend has an Irish staff, bit darker colouing than your Macks, he has quite a long narrow muzzle too, could be an Irish staffy thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27 2010, 23:35

he has a gorg face! can see why you fell in love with him!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27 2010, 23:38

He is a babe Love Struck Good on you for rescuing a staffy thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by jaykay Mon Dec 27 2010, 23:39

yeah your probably right i have seen many irish with the long narrow face, funny thing is my last irish staff had exactly the same one wonkey ear as this one has and is a very similar colour, god rest his soul i had to have him put down through kidney failling and couldnt stand for his hips giving way he lived to a good old age of 15 though,
jaykay
jaykay

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27 2010, 23:52

Thats a fantastic age and I'm sure he had a fantastic home with you. Well done you for giving another staffy in need a loving forever home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28 2010, 00:15

Hi and welcome to the forum wave
He is a cracker.....nice one on giving another staffy a forever home thumbs up

Only if you want to. You can start a topic for your last dog and even include a pic if you want. Would love to also see that dog.
https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/f38-pet-memorial-forum

Back to top Go down

Post by jaykay Tue Dec 28 2010, 11:10

might do that funny you said my dog is a cracker, "cracker" was my last dogs name.
jaykay
jaykay

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Dec 28 2010, 11:14

He is a very grand boy. Mines ever so long in the leg too! Thanks for sharing Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28 2010, 11:14

Hi, welcome!

What a stunning boy! And such a lovely colour!

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Tue Dec 28 2010, 12:10

looking good....and his makings and coat are well nice....

and good on you,for the rescue.....

has he got any mastiff in him,or is it just me....
scott
scott

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : stich lelo
Dog Gender(s) : stich(m) lelo(f)
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28 2010, 13:59

He's a good poser i'll give him that

Back to top Go down

Post by jaykay Tue Dec 28 2010, 16:08

scott wrote:looking good....and his makings and coat are well nice....

and good on you,for the rescue.....

has he got any mastiff in him,or is it just me....

dont think there is any mastiff in him mate i cant see it myself
when i got him from the rescue centre they told me he was ebt and staff cross
at times i can see the ebt in him but as he is getting older he looks more the irish type
i suppose you could get the mastiff thing from his quite big chollers?? but i wouldnt of thought there was
any mastiff.
jaykay
jaykay

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Wed Dec 29 2010, 15:09

know it was just me.....

he is a cracker still.....
scott
scott

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : stich lelo
Dog Gender(s) : stich(m) lelo(f)
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 29 2010, 17:28

beautiful dog Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by jaykay Thu Dec 30 2010, 21:50

here is few new pics of ma boy!!

new member few pics of my dog (new pics taken tday 12/1/11 100_0921

new member few pics of my dog (new pics taken tday 12/1/11 100_0915

new member few pics of my dog (new pics taken tday 12/1/11 100_0918
new member few pics of my dog (new pics taken tday 12/1/11 100_0913

new member few pics of my dog (new pics taken tday 12/1/11 100_0912

new member few pics of my dog (new pics taken tday 12/1/11 100_0911

jaykay
jaykay

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Dec 30 2010, 21:53

Love the very traditional brindle. Great pics Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by tom-titch Tue Jan 04 2011, 12:11

Lovely dog, he's a really nice shape. Ive got a Staffy who is also a bit irish looking as you call it. I made the mistake of saying he was Irish on here once and was told there is not such thing as an irish staffy, thats just a name to cover up pitbull type dogs. I hope you dont get the same argument because it takes the focus off your doggy pics. Anyways, I think you dog is lovely and to be honest with you, I rather the Irish looking staffy's myself.
tom-titch
tom-titch
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Billy
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by piggy Tue Jan 04 2011, 13:14

At least he has found a good home and a comfy sofa....enjoy him...
piggy
piggy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Mini
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 1

http://thelittleminidogblog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jaykay Tue Jan 04 2011, 21:36

tom-titch wrote:Lovely dog, he's a really nice shape. Ive got a Staffy who is also a bit irish looking as you call it. I made the mistake of saying he was Irish on here once and was told there is not such thing as an irish staffy, thats just a name to cover up pitbull type dogs. I hope you dont get the same argument because it takes the focus off your doggy pics. Anyways, I think you dog is lovely and to be honest with you, I rather the Irish looking staffy's myself.

thanks for the nice comment, i have heard the irish staff and pitbull argument loads of times before although i havnt had anything like that said on here just good positive comments which is good,and i would say he is far from pitbull, what ever he may be his a loving placid dog that has showed no agression at all he loves kids and other dogs infact all he wants to do when he see's another dog is play and cant get enough attention from kids he loves it when the niece's and nephew's are here cant fault him at all.
jaykay
jaykay

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lolalollypop Tue Jan 04 2011, 21:39

hes stunning m8
lolalollypop
lolalollypop
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
new member few pics of my dog (new pics taken tday 12/1/11 Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : lola esme
Dog Gender(s) : females

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 05 2011, 17:23

He's an absolute beaut, got to ask the coat he is wearing in the pic actually looks like a proper weather built one rather than the pretty *rap you see, where abouts did you get it?

Back to top Go down

Post by jaykay Wed Jan 05 2011, 21:12

MissRogue wrote:He's an absolute beaut, got to ask the coat he is wearing in the pic actually looks like a proper weather built one rather than the pretty *rap you see, where abouts did you get it?

his coat is made by barbour they are realy good his is the padded one but you can also get them in waxed like the barbour jackets i got it from ebay about £27 i think, it has the cord collar like the barbour jackets as well.
jaykay
jaykay

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 05 2011, 21:18

He's gorgeous!

Yes, we've had the 'Irish Stafford' question discussed here. I actually have a book by an Irish breeder of Irish Staffords. They're basically what you would call a 'ripped' stafford - one that is super-fit & super-lean. Other than that they are very similar to any other staff! One they're not, though, are pitbulls, they don't look like them at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by jaykay Wed Jan 05 2011, 21:24

Caryll wrote:He's gorgeous!

Yes, we've had the 'Irish Stafford' question discussed here. I actually have a book by an Irish breeder of Irish Staffords. They're basically what you would call a 'ripped' stafford - one that is super-fit & super-lean. Other than that they are very similar to any other staff! One they're not, though, are pitbulls, they don't look like them at all.

couldnt agree more with you, only the uneducated think they are pits.
jaykay
jaykay

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 06 2011, 01:12

jaykay wrote:
MissRogue wrote:He's an absolute beaut, got to ask the coat he is wearing in the pic actually looks like a proper weather built one rather than the pretty *rap you see, where abouts did you get it?

his coat is made by barbour they are realy good his is the padded one but you can also get them in waxed like the barbour jackets i got it from ebay about £27 i think, it has the cord collar like the barbour jackets as well.

Darn they don't seem to have on Ebay only site i could find it was £65 for a small lol. ill keep looking though
thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Jan 06 2011, 01:20

jaykay wrote:

Also couldn't agree more, Caryll whats the book you have as I have no idea about 'Irish' but have been lead to believe mines an Irish Staff?? Although a rescue, so know background, its what people have told me too.
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 06 2011, 01:34

Janey wrote:
jaykay wrote:

Also couldn't agree more, Caryll whats the book you have as I have no idea about 'Irish' but have been lead to believe mines an Irish Staff?? Although a rescue, so know background, its what people have told me too.

janey missy moo not an irish staff she from surrey she a surrey staff lol Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Jan 06 2011, 01:50

bigwazza wrote:
Janey wrote:
jaykay wrote:

janey missy moo not an irish staff she from surrey she a surrey staff lol Laughing

rolling on the floor Big you make me laugh!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 06 2011, 07:42

Very nice brindle!

He reminds me of one of the dogs I used to look after at work.

x

Back to top Go down

Post by jaykay Thu Jan 06 2011, 20:55

[quote="MissRogue"]
jaykay wrote:

Darn they don't seem to have on Ebay only site i could find it was £65 for a small lol. ill keep looking though
thanks.[/quote

here you go fopund them straight away http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1311&_nkw=barbour+dog+coat&_sacat=See-All-Categories
jaykay
jaykay

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jaykay Wed Jan 12 2011, 20:34

few more pics of macks taken today on a walk down the line and over the feilds.

new member few pics of my dog (new pics taken tday 12/1/11 100_1035

new member few pics of my dog (new pics taken tday 12/1/11 100_1037

new member few pics of my dog (new pics taken tday 12/1/11 100_1039

new member few pics of my dog (new pics taken tday 12/1/11 100_1040

new member few pics of my dog (new pics taken tday 12/1/11 100_1041

new member few pics of my dog (new pics taken tday 12/1/11 100_1042

new member few pics of my dog (new pics taken tday 12/1/11 100_1043

new member few pics of my dog (new pics taken tday 12/1/11 100_1044

new member few pics of my dog (new pics taken tday 12/1/11 100_1046

new member few pics of my dog (new pics taken tday 12/1/11 100_1047
jaykay
jaykay

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down