another rash!!

2 posters

Go down

another rash!! Empty another rash!!

Post by Guest Mon Jun 11 2012, 12:30

Hi everyone, Vinnie has had an itching rash mainly behind and inside ears also top of his head and mouth. He is not scratching all the time, so took him to vets on friday she looked in his ears and said they were clear. She gave him a steroid injection but said to put him on some food from themselves which he has to sty on for 4 to 6 weeks, and has not to have anything else not even any treats!!. She seems to think he has an allergy and by staying on this for so long would eliminate if it is his diet. It is a hypoallergenic food but I probably am paying through the nose for it. He has been having mostly raw diet so any advice or suggestions I would strongly appreciate. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

another rash!! Empty Re: another rash!!

Post by Kathy Mon Jun 11 2012, 13:04

Do you have any pictures of it. ?

How long has he had the rash for? Could he have stuck his head in something when on a walk, a shrub or tree ?
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 11 2012, 13:33

Hi Kathy, He has had the rash now about a week or just over, but he seems to get it flare up quite a bit have no pics as me OH usually puts thm on as I am really not that computer literate. We do take him in the woods for walks a hell of a lot and he has always got his head in the undergrowth or rolling in poo usually wild boars!! we do try and stop him but he is just so quick. I thought it may have been something like that as he has not got it anywhere else. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Jun 11 2012, 13:44

Ummm it could be a process of elimination then, try walking him away from the trees and shrubs for a few days, if you can, and see what happens.

Poor Vinnie lets hope he is OK very soon.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by crystel Mon Jun 11 2012, 13:50

Hi just my input as i,m not a vet and yu have too go with their advice 1st, but my Skye has had afew rashes firstly the vet said it could be dietary, but after one flare up over a xmas i couldn,t get her too a vet and she had a rash on her belly, i tried a basic anti histamine cream and aloe vera gel and i couldn,t believe it, it went away so i try that first before i go too the vets now, maybe its worth a try if it is an allergy too grass shrubs etc it will help too take it down, if it doesn,t then you know its down too food.
crystel
crystel

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages : 7yrs and 1yr
Dog Gender(s) : females
Support total : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 11 2012, 13:57

Thanks for the suggestions I have tried anti histamine tablet but maybe the cream would be worth a try Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down