my staff attacked by spaniel. (you dont see that in papers)

+2
roz w
bullsmommy1
6 posters

Go down

my staff attacked by spaniel. (you dont see that in papers) Empty my staff attacked by spaniel. (you dont see that in papers)

Post by bullsmommy1 Sat Jun 09 2012, 23:04

So I took my staff boy out for his usual teatime walk today, when this offlead spaniel runs at him from nowhere and attacks him, My boy was on a lead and didn't react at all until this dog was nipping on his face. To which the spaniel owner blamed Me and my dog claiming he was going to 'hurt her'. Well how dare she blame my staff boy when it was her uncontrolled stupid dog that attacked HIM! This kinda thing has happened a lot to me and my dog yet you never see these stories in the papers, when its very common for socalled 'family' dogs to attack, but because theyt don't fit the socalled 'dangerous dog' immage they aint portrayed for being viscious? Sorry for the rant but it makes me SO angry!
bullsmommy1
bullsmommy1
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bulley, major & kaiser
Dog(s) Ages : 10,13 & 5months
Dog Gender(s) : all male
Support total : 37

Back to top Go down

my staff attacked by spaniel. (you dont see that in papers) Empty Re: my staff attacked by spaniel. (you dont see that in papers)

Post by Guest Sat Jun 09 2012, 23:12

So sorry to hear that and well done that your boy didn't react.

Back to top Go down

my staff attacked by spaniel. (you dont see that in papers) Empty Re: my staff attacked by spaniel. (you dont see that in papers)

Post by Guest Sat Jun 09 2012, 23:13

bullsmommy1 wrote:So I took my staff boy out for his usual teatime walk today, when this offlead spaniel runs at him from nowhere and attacks him, My boy was on a lead and didn't react at all until this dog was nipping on his face. To which the spaniel owner blamed Me and my dog claiming he was going to 'hurt her'. Well how dare she blame my staff boy when it was her uncontrolled stupid dog that attacked HIM! This kinda thing has happened a lot to me and my dog yet you never see these stories in the papers, when its very common for socalled 'family' dogs to attack, but because theyt don't fit the socalled 'dangerous dog' immage they aint portrayed for being viscious? Sorry for the rant but it makes me SO angry!

Hi I have edited so it reads "by Spaniel" so the post content isn't misleading , thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 09 2012, 23:16

well its clear that this was just another one of them stupid and uneducated owners , hope your boy is ok and well done to him (and you for the training) on his patience level.
Obviously your staff was on lead and you were 100% in the right

Back to top Go down

Post by roz w Sat Jun 09 2012, 23:54

grrrrrrrrrrrrr
roz w
roz w
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
my staff attacked by spaniel. (you dont see that in papers) Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Trouble
Dog(s) Ages : 4 yrs
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 09 2012, 23:57

Ive only ever been bit by two dogs, a spaniel and a chihuahua. I don't like spaniels they are headcases.

Back to top Go down

Post by steve76 Sun Jun 10 2012, 00:04

usually i find my size 10 walking boots very handy in this type of situation,and if the owner has anything to say about it, well it has yet to come to that!
steve76
steve76

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Marley
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by bullsmommy1 Sun Jun 10 2012, 00:25

Very annoying. Had my staff retaliated he would probably be in a pound now, where she wouldve called the police. :@
bullsmommy1
bullsmommy1

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 10 2012, 00:37

Sad hope your boys ok.

Irresponsible owners once again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 10 2012, 02:20

Hope Bulley is alright
I wish Blue had that much patience. Well done Bulley thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Jun 10 2012, 09:37

A very similar thing happend to me ealier this year, if you want to have a read the link is below. It seems to me that us staffy owners are always in the wrong whatever happens, urgghh it's not fair.:

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t16887-dont-need-this
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by lolabon Sun Jun 10 2012, 11:21

so unfortunate my girl lola was attacked by a jrt as a puppy it lunged at her and grabbed her throat luckily i decided to put her harness on that day as was going for a swim it saved her from injury,she didn't retaliate or growl at the dog just looked at me as if to say i can kill it but i wont lol anyway the owner was non apologetic and shouted at me!! saying her dog attacked mine in self defense as attack was the best form of defense lol as if she or her dog was that intelligent but on another lighter note went for a walk yesterday both my girls got set upon by another staffy,i couldn't leave like it so spoke to the woman she explained she was a rescue so i walked with her helped her and done some training as i could see she was just frightened and not really aggressive , by the end of it all 3 were best friends Big Grin
lolabon
lolabon
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : lola,bonnie
Dog(s) Ages : 4 years, 8 months
Dog Gender(s) : female princess
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by bullsmommy1 Sun Jun 10 2012, 11:55

Aww he's very patient 9/10 times he can live upto his name once In a blue moon and bully the little dogs.but I was so proud, and So angry that he got the blame, staffs seem to get stereotyped an awful lot these days.
bullsmommy1
bullsmommy1

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 10 2012, 12:22

Aw poor boy, glad he was ok. The thing is, no matter what happens, even if a staffy does not turn a hair in retaliation, it will ALWAYS be the staff's fault, because people refuse to believe that either A - they won't attack every dog they see, or B - that any fight they are involved in, whether they retaliate or not, was not their fault.

It's hugely unfair, but that is something that we must expect and accept when taking on one of these beautiful dogs (here in the UK at least)

Back to top Go down

Post by bullsmommy1 Sun Jun 10 2012, 12:36

Shonetelle that's exactly it had my boy 3nhalf years (hes5) and in those years I've had SO much aggro about him, police have been called to him RSPCA (my neighbour claimed I burnt him) of course wasn't true she just hated my dog and so much abuse off the public for walking him in a certain collar the hate against staffies is unreal
bullsmommy1
bullsmommy1

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Mon Jun 11 2012, 11:28

How strange, the same thing has happened with Pixee, a spaniel off lead, lucky for me I managed to get Pixee back on lead, the first time, and that spaniel just bothered Pixee so much that Pixee didnt like it and must have growed at it, to which the lady gave me and Pixee just a disgusting look. Since then we have seen her a further two more times, off lead, and theres me putting Pixee on the lead, and the same thing happening, to which the third time, I shouted at the woman to put her bloody dog on lead! Next time that dog is getting my foot! How dare she give us that look!
Staffy lover
Staffy lover

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by bullsmommy1 Mon Jun 11 2012, 12:37

really winds me up my boy didnt seem arsed about it and just carried on but i was livid, cheeky mare have the nerve to say he would her her stupid anklebiter.
bullsmommy1
bullsmommy1

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by lolabon Mon Jun 11 2012, 18:42

unfortunately these people are too ignorant to see just how beautiful this breed really is all they see is killer staffy,they'll never appreciate the breed or the fact that as stafford owners we work twice as hard as most other owners whether we realise it or not, too make sure our dogs always have the higher ground and carry themselves properly.i've had abuse from every type of person over the years but i let my dogs do the talking now and they show just how behaved they really are and how bad their dogs behaviour is,just remember how annoying it is looking down at how good your dog is,is just a big up yours to the other owners.
lolabon
lolabon

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bullsmommy1 Mon Jun 11 2012, 20:20

Spot on they think we don't do anything for are staffies that we are irresponsible and bad owners when like you say we try twice as hard to make sure our dogs are trained well and behave at all times just so that we don't give other owners the satisfaction of seeing what they expect to see In a staff Smile I suppose we take on all the problems when we take on our breed
bullsmommy1
bullsmommy1

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by lolabon Mon Jun 11 2012, 20:31

we might take on stereotypical problems from street people but the rewards we get are special only to us and our families and other stafford owners like a secret society of highly intelligent dogs and owners where we have tea parties in the sky on our moral high ground with our fantastic dogs. Laughing
lolabon
lolabon

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bullsmommy1 Mon Jun 11 2012, 22:01

Yes it's happened again just staffie on sTaffie attack :@ il write up now
bullsmommy1
bullsmommy1

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down