BOBS AND SOPHIE food list as promised

4 posters

Go down

BOBS AND SOPHIE food list as promised Empty BOBS AND SOPHIE food list as promised

Post by roz w Sat Jun 09 2012, 22:29

the allergy test Trouble had was from The spectrum group if you want to ask your vet about blood testing.

he came back with allergies to grasses , weeds , birch trees , pine trees , aspergillus fungus and other fungus i mention these because it might be worth noting if your sophie is more itchy after a walk in the park or woodland areas , if so then a bath or paw wash may be needed after as you cant really avoid these areas

he also is allergic to house dust not the mite so we have laminate flooring everywhere extra filters on the vaccuum cleaner .

he is allergic to storage mites these can be found in dried food for animals so any dried food ou have must be sealed up preferably in an airtight container so it is advisable not to buy bags that are huge and not be used within a month .
FOODS
HE CANNOT HAVE THE FOLLOWING AND SO ANY FOOD I LIST AFTER IS SUITABLE
BEEF
PORK
CORN(MAIZE)
LAMB
KELP
DUCK
WHITE POTATO

HE CAN HAVE WHEAT , I NOTICED YOU SAID THAT YOUR SOPHIE HAD BAD TUMMY AFTER HAVING PASTA
SO PLEASE STILL DOUBLE CHECK ANY TO MAKE SURE THEY DONT HAVE WHEAT , THIS LIST IS QUITE LONG SO BEAR WITH Me
"

BOBS AND SOPHIE food list as promised Troublesfoods

i feed trouble the science plan salmon and rice dry food you can order from your vets or i do have website you can order from which is cheaper but not sure if allowed to put website up but it is also good for getting presciption meds for your pets as they are much cheaper and they are very good for delivery
roz w
roz w
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
BOBS AND SOPHIE food list as promised Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Trouble
Dog(s) Ages : 4 yrs
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 60

Back to top Go down

BOBS AND SOPHIE food list as promised Empty Re: BOBS AND SOPHIE food list as promised

Post by roz w Sat Jun 09 2012, 22:30

poop the scan didnt come out very big ...gonna try again hold on lol
roz w
roz w

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

BOBS AND SOPHIE food list as promised Empty Re: BOBS AND SOPHIE food list as promised

Post by roz w Sat Jun 09 2012, 22:34

BOBS AND SOPHIE food list as promised Troublesfoodscroppedimage1
roz w
roz w

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by roz w Sat Jun 09 2012, 22:47

ok hope you can see this better

now the other thing is do you smoke ? many dogs have allergies to the smoke or it agrevates what is already there
make sure no mould is present in the house e.g around door frames and windows .

make sure bedding has a allergy cover on it
keep dust down as much as possible
use filters on your vacuum cleaner
bath your pet
wash paws when returning from daily walk

obviously not all will apply to you but what you need to do is keep a diary of what u were doing and what you fed to see what the triggers are then review after a week and see any similarities

with Trouble i noticed loose stools after eating i used to feed him harringtons lamb and rice and his paws would be itchy after a walk to the park but the walk would be through some woods he had positive readings for birch tress which are everywhere and apergillus which is afungus found on rotting leaves ...we used to walk through the woods which is why after he would chew the paws ...he is allergic to grass and weeds but we cant get away from that so if i see him chewing i give him a cool paw wash ...hope you find something that helps here
roz w
roz w

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 09 2012, 23:14

Very interesting!

Just to ask, does anyone know if a dog can suddenly get allergies? My Lexi has had the same diet her whole life then suddenly about two months ago got very ill and i changed her diet and shes definitely better but still not 100% and vet can't find anything wrong?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 09 2012, 23:17

Equi wrote:Very interesting!

Just to ask, does anyone know if a dog can suddenly get allergies? My Lexi has had the same diet her whole life then suddenly about two months ago got very ill and i changed her diet and shes definitely better but still not 100% and vet can't find anything wrong?

Our dermatologist told us that dogs allergies can change as they age just like humans. They can be allergic to something and then grow out of it as well as devolp an allergy to something they have always been able to tolerate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 09 2012, 23:21

Hmm, when i get home then i might request a blood test!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Sat Jun 09 2012, 23:21

Bode got allergies all of a sudden..

didnt need to go the the lengths of skin scrapes etc..

changed her to JWB, all sorted..

turns out she has to be on a fish diet..

Will be trying her on fish4dogs soon, and hopefully keep her on that, if not back to JWB..

Rob
Rob
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bode
Dog(s) Ages : 23/09/2011
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 09 2012, 23:43

Equi wrote:Hmm, when i get home then i might request a blood test!

Could be worth it. When Suki was younger she was allergic to alot of foods but she can tolerate most of them now. We didn't get a seperate test just trial and error and looking for reactions

Back to top Go down

Post by roz w Sat Jun 09 2012, 23:48

yeah Trouble was fine for the first year of his life i didnt change anything and then all of sudden the blood in the stools started then the hair loss then the itching ..it was a bit of shock ...he still gets itchy but no where near as bad
roz w
roz w

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by bobs Sun Jun 10 2012, 08:15

Shaz here.

OMG OMG OMG You poor thing, and big >Big Grin< to you and your pooch. Thankfully Sophies allergy/intolerance is nowhere near as extreme. She is doing great on the chicken / potato diet and now we have reintroduced her rawhyde chew on a very limited basis.

We are awaiting delivery of her stag antler as apparently they are kinder to tums, we will see how we get on. We are also waiting on some freebies from Fish4dogs as their food is apparently fish / potato based. Sophie wasn't great with rice.

The lengths you have gone to, to keep your pooch healthy are amazing. We take our hat off to you. If only all animal lovers were so committed.

BTW no-one smokes in the house and we do our best to keep any mould down. We have a fairly modern house so condensation can be a problem.

Hmm, our bed has now become her bed. I too have allergies that cause asthma problems so we try and keep on top of things.

We will watch this thread for a while in case any more info is added and then print it off for reference.

Thank you so much for all your input - it must have taken ages >Big Grin< >Big Grin< >Big Grin<

Last edited by bobs on Sun Jun 10 2012, 08:23; edited 1 time in total
bobs
bobs
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sophie
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Galadriel Sun Jun 10 2012, 08:22

Equi wrote:Very interesting!

Yes, it's common for dogs to develop an allergy to something they're continually exposed to. Much like humans, if we ate nothing but wheat, many would soon develop an intolerance or an allergy to it.

It's a good idea to find a few foods that agree with your dog and change every few months. I have 3/4 foods on rotation that I'll change 3/4 times a year, so I'll feed one for 3/4 months then another for 3/4 months etc.

What was she on before and what have you changed to?

I'm not sure how accurate blood tests can be, our vets said they're weren't so we didn't go down that route...

Galadriel

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 175

Back to top Go down

Post by roz w Sun Jun 10 2012, 09:00

well after having the hiccup with the stand in vet the other day and Trouble having to wait for his vaccine 2 weeks later than usual i now know he would be so ill without it ...the vaccine doesnt cover the food allergies but outside influences .we have to deal with the food side of things. and yes quite rightly so just because a blood test says you have an allergy to something it doesnt neccessarily mean it is related to the symptom you are experiencing so it still trial and error but we had a better indication
roz w
roz w

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Galadriel Sun Jun 10 2012, 09:17

Glad it helped Trouble Smile

Galadriel

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 175

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down