Looking for a Harness for my boy OZZY

+2
Cornish-Muscle
Danny_Ozzy
6 posters

Go down

Looking for a Harness for my boy OZZY Empty Looking for a Harness for my boy OZZY

Post by Danny_Ozzy Sun Dec 26 2010, 17:00

Looking for a Harness for my boy OZZY
Danny_Ozzy
Danny_Ozzy
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Ozzy
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Looking for a Harness for my boy OZZY Empty Re: Looking for a Harness for my boy OZZY

Post by Guest Sun Dec 26 2010, 21:08

I got mine from pets at home but to be honest I only used it 2 days then went back to lead and collar

Back to top Go down

Looking for a Harness for my boy OZZY Empty Re: Looking for a Harness for my boy OZZY

Post by Danny_Ozzy Sun Dec 26 2010, 21:26

proper leather 1 is that ?
Danny_Ozzy
Danny_Ozzy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 26 2010, 22:37

No I just got one that was padded. Blue was only 11months old at the time

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_Ozzy Sun Dec 26 2010, 23:20

oright well i think i mite av look on web il find one somewre
Danny_Ozzy
Danny_Ozzy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornish-Muscle Mon Dec 27 2010, 08:53

We currently use a padded fabric one, don't see the point in getting a full leather one until she is fully grown at the moment.
We had two different types, one that slid over her head and around her chest, but she hated that and it didn't really fit her properly.
We've now got one that slides over her legs and fastens at the top.
The one thing I will suggest is, make sure Ozzy is happy with the harness, Molly is horrified by hers, she trembles and shakes as soon as we get it out, but as soon as we're out the gate she's fine.
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27 2010, 09:14

I don't like the leather ones or the webbing ones - they rub the fur off & can cause irritation.

I've just ordered a padded fleecy webbing one off ebay, a bit expensive, but it'll be comfortable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27 2010, 09:28

have a look at anglesey leather on the net there stuff is top quality and well worth the money

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27 2010, 09:32

Ive just bought Ty a leather one off ebay, kaos is still growing by the day lol so he wont be getting one yet!!
I really cant mention the price i feel faint everytime i think about it but its lovely! Its leather with a few small studs but is padded underneath with this fleecey stuff....really nice x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27 2010, 10:03

That sounds nice - where did you get it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_Ozzy Mon Dec 27 2010, 22:30

thanks all for the replys ive found a nice one on ebay will have to get it ozzy for a late xmas presant lol
Danny_Ozzy
Danny_Ozzy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28 2010, 16:59

Danny_Ozzy wrote:thanks all for the replys ive found a nice one on ebay will have to get it ozzy for a late xmas presant lol
Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28 2010, 18:35

sorry caryll ummm ill try and find the link x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 28 2010, 22:52

I get vin the padded ones as his still only little, i prefer the padded to the big leather ones, they seem more comfortable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_Ozzy Tue Dec 28 2010, 23:33

yer ive got him one ive had for a bit use to fit him but his chest is getting bigger now so its getting rafer tight on him and he carnt walk proper so just use is collar now but am still looking for a new harness for him Smile
Danny_Ozzy
Danny_Ozzy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Wed Dec 29 2010, 09:44

I would wait till he fills out properly before spending £50 quid or so on a nice leather one. Theres nothing worse than it not fitting him after a month! I use the Ezydog harnesses on my two for normal walks, they are actually quite good and onoly about £20 to buy.
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tys mummy Wed Dec 29 2010, 10:54

I got my Ty a nice royal blue leather harness for christmas off a website called dogs with style its to big for him at the moment he needs to bulk out abit so it fits nicely but untill then I have a padded one that he likes to wear he has to have it on as soon as he gets up of a morning. He will not go anywere without it on he doesnt like being naked as we call it lol.
Tys mummy
Tys mummy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ty
Dog(s) Ages : 3 Years
Support total : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_Ozzy Wed Dec 29 2010, 17:05

haha lol think il stick till the harness he got now till be buffs out and thats funnt that Elishiaellen lol Smile
Danny_Ozzy
Danny_Ozzy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Wed Dec 29 2010, 21:24

Im getting one off ebay for kaiser to its different to most of them and handmade to order u should have a look as its very good leather to think its 60 pounds im looking to order in a few weeks the guy who does it seems to of shut his shop till after crimbo
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 30 2010, 00:54

sound a lot like the lad i was on about vicki if it is his stuff is top quality

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_Ozzy Thu Dec 30 2010, 02:11

i need a new one for him fast ive just noticed right this second he got friction burns on his chest of is current harness gonna have to use is collar till i can get one ive seen 1 on ebay myself a realy good leather one bout £30 with brass fittings
Danny_Ozzy
Danny_Ozzy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 30 2010, 11:26

Danny_Ozzy wrote:i need a new one for him fast ive just noticed right this second he got friction burns on his chest of is current harness gonna have to use is collar till i can get one ive seen 1 on ebay myself a realy good leather one bout £30 with brass fittings

be carefull becouse for thirty quid it will prob be china/india leather with is rather hard
you really need to be looking for hand made british leather which unfoutuanty is a lot more expensive Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 30 2010, 12:29

I've just looked on the Ezydog website and I will be getting Charlie a collar, lead and harness from there. It all looks good and has good reviews and it looks as if the harness will be comfortable for Charlie too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_Ozzy Thu Dec 30 2010, 17:50

yer it mite be yano i mite just get 1 from a shop so i can feel the leather for myself and thanks Shontelle im gonna have a look on tht ezydog site tonight
cheers
Danny_Ozzy
Danny_Ozzy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 30 2010, 17:59

I make all mine but i know Ebay got some pretty good things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_Ozzy Thu Dec 30 2010, 18:04

kwl you make all the leather 1ns with brss fittings?
Danny_Ozzy
Danny_Ozzy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 30 2010, 18:06

Ezy dog is fantastic! All there stuff is really durable and a good price. Kaos has a ezydog harness and ty did till the other day. They both have the shock absorber leads which are amazing!! x

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_Ozzy Thu Dec 30 2010, 19:20

shock absorber leads they sound mint gonna have a look at them lol haha Smile
Danny_Ozzy
Danny_Ozzy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 30 2010, 19:47

blaze666 wrote:Ezy dog is fantastic! All there stuff is really durable and a good price. Kaos has a ezydog harness and ty did till the other day. They both have the shock absorber leads which are amazing!! x
I'm getting Charlie a cujo shock absorber lead and one of their harnesses. I'm gonna get him a collar and tag from there too. I found their site by accident today and I love it! Have it bookmarked cos I think I'll be getting quite a bit of his stuff from there Smile x

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_Ozzy Thu Dec 30 2010, 19:51

kwl lol just been on it myself its pritty gud lol Smile
Danny_Ozzy
Danny_Ozzy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jaykay Thu Dec 30 2010, 20:43

mate if your still looking for a harness i have one that i dont use anymore, how big is your dog?? its a puppy harness but its quite large though its from anglsea leather on ebay plain brown realy soft leather but very good quality leather its still in exellent condition if your interested i could post up a pic of it for you, i use an ezy dog harness now they are exellent.
jaykay
jaykay

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : macks

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_Ozzy Thu Dec 30 2010, 21:03

yes mate sorted can you put a pic up of it plz and i will let you no if its any use for ozzy thanks Smile
Danny_Ozzy
Danny_Ozzy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jaykay Thu Dec 30 2010, 21:33

here you go mate, if you do want it i will clean and condition it with with proper leather cleaner and conditioner.

Looking for a Harness for my boy OZZY 100_1021

Looking for a Harness for my boy OZZY 100_1022

Looking for a Harness for my boy OZZY 100_1023

if you do want it mate i will post it to you for £8.00
jaykay
jaykay

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_Ozzy Thu Dec 30 2010, 21:40

thanks for the pics John it looks rafer small let me look at the ebay add for the sizes and i will meassure ozzy and get back to you and if i want it how would i pay you ? thanks
Danny_Ozzy
Danny_Ozzy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jaykay Thu Dec 30 2010, 21:55

no probs mate if you find the seller anglsea leather on ebay all his sizes are on there i cant remember??, pay with paypal if you want.
jaykay
jaykay

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_Ozzy Thu Dec 30 2010, 22:02

ok mate will get back to you soon thanks again
Danny_Ozzy
Danny_Ozzy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 31 2010, 00:30

thats were memphises harness is from he got the puppy harness and i would say there will only take you upto about 12/14 months max unless your staff is small

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 31 2010, 00:34

Danny_Ozzy wrote:kwl you make all the leather 1ns with brss fittings?

Yeah leather one with silver fittings not a fan of brass lol and other materials. I buy the material, clasp and other bits and pieces and chuck them together.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 31 2010, 00:41

Danny_Ozzy wrote:i need a new one for him fast ive just noticed right this second he got friction burns on his chest of is current harness gonna have to use is collar till i can get one ive seen 1 on ebay myself a realy good leather one bout £30 with brass fittings

Have you tried adding your own padding. find a material shop near you and ask them to do it, they got the machines for leather etc

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_Ozzy Fri Dec 31 2010, 01:05

MissRogue were would i be looking to buy all the buckles and bits and bobs to make an harness sounds like a good idea makeing my own but i dont no were to get all the stuff can you please give me an idea were to look thanks.
Danny_Ozzy
Danny_Ozzy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 31 2010, 01:24

Danny_Ozzy wrote:MissRogue were would i be looking to buy all the buckles and bits and bobs to make an harness sounds like a good idea makeing my own but i dont no were to get all the stuff can you please give me an idea were to look thanks.

Well the materials are your choice your local leather shop/internet, type in the material you want and you should be able to find something i buy in bulks quite cheap as well i found this website/warehouse they sold leather cut off's left over from making other things but i lost the site well gutted, but as for the buckles and metal part i buy the studs/paterns from jewelery making sites as for the clasps i buy broken/old/useless leads and collars then cut the clasps and stuff of them and put them on new leather and other materials. as for padded which seems to be your problem i used an old duvet stuffin or any coloured material you want i always wrapped it up in a masqueto netting too, for it to keep its shape and attached it to the collar/harness. I'v never made a harness though i'v improved them but never made a full one. I use a leather sewing needle and fishing wire for sewing etc. I bought a stud/hole leather machine off of ebay and a metal engraver to write dogs name on tags or plates attached to collar, harness or lead. I buy silver metal strips from my local plan/boat/train model shop and some my glues from there as well. I'v not made some for a few month now though i don't seem to have the nerves for it anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 31 2010, 09:20

Miss rogue you are a woman with many talents!

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_Ozzy Fri Dec 31 2010, 18:11

that is very tallented but thankyou im gonna look and see if i can find all the stuff i would need in order make this Wink
Danny_Ozzy
Danny_Ozzy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jaykay Fri Dec 31 2010, 21:13

would be cool if you could make your own harness tailor made for ozzy you could make it a one off so there is no other like it unique and original.
jaykay
jaykay

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 31 2010, 21:18

I think thats why i done it to be honest i know when i started, i made myself a choker leather spiked studded, i got bored of it and put it on Taz when he was pup and it went from there though now one of his collars can go around my neck twice, he's growing very big.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down