Sticky: Allergy Advice

2 posters

Go down

Sticky: Allergy Advice Empty Sticky: Allergy Advice

Post by Kathy Thu May 31 2012, 14:21

Please feel free to add to the list:

Loratadine is the active ingredient in Antihistamines use for allergic reactions. Brand name Piriton.

Tesco do their own brand.

Sticky: Allergy Advice 965%5C5052003876965%5CIDShot_225x225
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Sticky: Allergy Advice Empty Re: Sticky: Allergy Advice

Post by Guest Thu May 31 2012, 16:52

in Australia, Phernergan is safe ...

Also Polaramine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Jul 10 2012, 11:09

Please add to the list any medication that has worked for any allergic reaction your dog may have had. This maybe worth mentioning to your vet if your dog has a reaction to something.

Please inform the vet of any condition your dog may have before using any medication including an antihistamine as not all dogs are the same and therefore may not be able to take a certain remedy.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 10 2012, 11:59

A tried and tested diet plan for chronic ear problems

Most dog food is wheat based, but dogs digestive system can not tolerate wheat and the digective system will show this intolerance though skin problems and allergies. Some dogs are lucky and no problems surface even thou their fed wheat in their diet.
Ear problems and constant feet licking go hand in hand and have come upon it quite alot in Staffords, but it can affect other breeds.
The action plan i have followed and have given to fellow stafford friends whose dogs have display allergy symptoms and after constant fruitless trips to the vet they are no closer to an answer or a solution to clear their dog of his/her ear problems, which is not due to an infection, but from a yeast infection is as follows ...

This wont clear a common ear infection, that will need a trip to the vets. But if your dog is constantly getting reoccurring ear infections one after the other, then its a sure bet its due to the wheat in his diet.

The diet is changed to a hypo-allergenic one, personally i highly recommend a brand called SIMPSONS http://www.simpsonspremium.com/index.php?route=common%2Fhome. The next best one is a brand called BURNS,( i recommend these only due to the fact these diets are the ones i have used in this plan and got good results) this can be bought from most pet stores. The flavour to buy is any fish based one like salmon and potato. While on this new diet change and for it to work dont add no wheat to his/her food ... ie white rice, pasta infact anything with wheat in it. If this is to work you need to stick with the diet for over 8wks before you start to see an improvement. In fact his symptoms may get worse before they start to improve. A dog a close friend owns has a stafford that is constantly on steroids for chronic ear infections, the dog now has cauliflower ears due to the constant scratching and shaking of her head. I advised them to stop the steroids, clean her ears twice aday with a baby wet wipe but use a ear cleaning solution to soften any wax build up ( this can be bought from a vets without a prescription) . And then to rub sudocream on the inside and out of the ear flap, plus over any wounds she had caused though scratching. Also got her some thornits powder which was to be sprinkled round the ear hole opening. Her diet was also changed to Simpsons salmon and potato.( Thornits powder can be bought only online either from ebay or most online pet chemists and if the feet are affected with the condition it too can be sprinkled over the feet and between the toes).Thornits is the old Canker powder you could buy from a pet shop.
Not that long ago I had a happy owner on the phone saying for the 1st time in ages their staffy girl is more happier in herself, her ear hole opening is no longer tightly closed due to the inflammation, and her infection is going Smile). She reported it got really bad at one point and they thought our new action plan was'nt going to work ( but i did tell them its going to get worse before it gets better) But they perceived and now they see the light at the end of a very dark tunnel. This dog was always at the vets, touch wood for the last 6 months this dog has had no vet treatment for a condition the vet failed too diagnose, and though common sense and a change in diet her problem is under control Smile)))) .... Sorry to post an essay i just wanted you to know that if you own a dog with this problem that there is light at the end of the tunnel... just dont always listen to the vet about allergies, they are not clued up on the true diet needs of a dog. They only know how to treat and in most case have'nt a clue what caused it unless its staring them in the face lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 10 2012, 12:02

Thanks! thumbs up

You just don't always realise what a change in diet can accomplish!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazagem Tue Jul 10 2012, 12:07

I have used camrosa ointment for Skye's skin problems and in 2 weeks she has gone from having itchy skin with a lot of hair loss to her fur growing back and healthy looking skin
Good for all animals
Growths, dry skin, mites, grass or pollen allergies etc
www.camrosa.co.uk
Gazagem
Gazagem

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skye
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 10 2012, 12:15

Camrosa's great, but it can be very messy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum