What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw)

+22
Ticklymac
StuW
Gee
Staffymummy
racamoe
patchandbubblesmummy
Keith
Mark
Debi-Monty
PygmyParrot
Taz
andynkirsty
mellymoo26
Lil Cupcake
Girly
Kev13
Rachb26
bullsmommy1
LordLen
Ben
Jackieb
Kathy
26 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) - Page 5 Empty What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw)

Post by Guest Mon May 28 2012, 18:12

First topic message reminder :

Right i've done this thread on another site, but the idea is to show photos, or tell others what the pooches had to eat today.

This is mainly for raw feeders, but anyone is welcome to add. It also helps new raw feeders get ideas for meals or to know what things look like Smile

Some of these photos are new, some are from when Harv was a few months old Smile

What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) - Page 5 DSCF2650
What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) - Page 5 DSCF2656
What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) - Page 5 DSCF2738What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) - Page 5 DSCF2617
What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) - Page 5 DSCF2784
What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) - Page 5 DSCF2781

To be continued.......... Wink

Last edited by ella on Sun Oct 21 2012, 20:12; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) - Page 5 Empty Re: What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw)

Post by Jackieb Mon Nov 26 2012, 21:04

Ella is an advocate for raw diets, she can teach a lot ! I've recently put my 2 on raw, well raw mornings, and dry Wainwrights hypoallergenic evenings.

After just 2 weeks im seeing a difference in my 2 overall , especially my pup, he's actually thriving, gaining needed weight and enjoys his food so much more now. I'd defo recommend it.

To be a raw feeder all u really need is knowledge (that u can find on this forum) and a big freezer !!
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) - Page 5 Empty Re: What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw)

Post by Guest Mon Nov 26 2012, 21:13

Jackieb wrote:Oh wow! The lil bunnies in the bowls I'm torn between a 'omg' and a 'lol' !

Good stuff, do u feed just 1 meal a day ?

Yep I feed once a day these rabbits are on the small side at only 2.5kg but I have the biggest dog bowls I can find so the photos are abit deceiving

mazz wrote:what are the benefits of a raw diet?

Many many benefits.

To me a raw diet is a species appropriate diet for a dog, I know exactly what is in their diet, they get a great dental work out so keep their teeth clean.

It costs me pennies to feed the boys Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 26 2012, 21:14

Jackieb wrote:Ella is an advocate for raw diets, she can teach a lot ! I've recently put my 2 on raw, well raw mornings, and dry Wainwrights hypoallergenic evenings.

After just 2 weeks im seeing a difference in my 2 overall , especially my pup, he's actually thriving, gaining needed weight and enjoys his food so much more now. I'd defo recommend it.

To be a raw feeder all u really need is knowledge (that u can find on this forum) and a big freezer !!

Thanks Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 26 2012, 23:48

lovely as always haha

Im so glad the bunnies didn't have eyes.

also glad im not the only one to feed once a day. i always feel bad about it but technically its all day feeding cause she eats the meat then keeps the kibble for a snak through the day

p.s. how much weight do you aim to feed daily?

p.p.s (or p.s.s. not sure) you should write a 7 day diary for noobs, to get them into it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ticklymac Tue Nov 27 2012, 09:22

was just about to ask the same as Hayley, how much to feed per day weight wise? Cause i know you said they are big bowls but it doesnt look like much sometimes for a full day, but then the rabbits look a lot of eating....
Do you balance it out through the week rather that 2-3% a day?
Ticklymac
Ticklymac
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel + Leroy
Dog(s) Ages : 17mnths - bout 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ male
Support total : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 27 2012, 18:55

Hayley wrote:lovely as always haha

Im so glad the bunnies didn't have eyes.

also glad im not the only one to feed once a day. i always feel bad about it but technically its all day feeding cause she eats the meat then keeps the kibble for a snak through the day

p.s. how much weight do you aim to feed daily?

p.p.s (or p.s.s. not sure) you should write a 7 day diary for noobs, to get them into it.

erm the bunnies do have eyes?

To maintain their weight chance needs around 500g and harvey around 400g, but i vary the meals massively so one day a huge whole rabbit and the next day nothing or a tiny meal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 03 2012, 19:42

Today was duck wings, whole lamb hearts and lump of turkey

What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) - Page 5 302849_10152308432295611_2032465865_n

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 03 2012, 19:44

haha is that cranberry sauce to go with the turkey lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 03 2012, 19:49

haha no it's a blood slushy Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 20:12

today was liver, ground beef, some random jaw bones and gone off sandwich ham Big Grin
What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) - Page 5 486971_10152313271325611_1893395012_n

yesterday was ground lamb and beef ribs
What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) - Page 5 270112_10152313271350611_1222508151_n

Oh and guess who got paid.....
What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) - Page 5 74229_10152313271320611_1208862557_n

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Dec 05 2012, 20:18

I'm guessing Mummy got paid Laughing That looks great Ella, the boys will love you for that. Smile
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 20:25

she sure did get paid Big Grin haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 20:25

Looks a good selection.
Thanks for sharing the pics

I'm going to give DAF a try I think Ella. Only thing is Blue WILL NOT eat minced meat, it has to be chunks. Do they do a good selection of chunked meats (Beef, chicken, liver, hearts, lamb etc)
I bought a pack of beef chunks from pets at home only to find that it is minced beef squashed into chunks.....Blue was not impressed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 20:34

I haven't looked at there stock list in a while as i've not ordered since august, but yes they if i remember rightly had

heart
liver
kidney
beef
lamb

all in chunks and possibly some others.

Ignore their website it doesn't have the full stock list, email them and ask to be put on their mailing list for delivery dates and ask for an up to date price list to be emailed to you Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 21:03

Will do, nice one

Back to top Go down

Post by Ticklymac Thu Dec 06 2012, 20:07

ella wrote:

What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) - Page 5 74229_10152313271320611_1208862557_n

whats the stuff in the top left hand corner?
Ticklymac
Ticklymac

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 06 2012, 20:09

Pork rind, I think! Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 06 2012, 20:59

Ticklymac wrote:
ella wrote:

whats the stuff in the top left hand corner?

yep pork rind/skin, it comes unsalted for you to make your own crackling

Back to top Go down

Post by Ticklymac Sat Dec 08 2012, 06:31

Is that quite fattening? Diesel's just had her first pork chop for breakfast so need to see how she goes with the pork, although her stomach seems pretty sound with everything, just not dog food Laughing
Ticklymac
Ticklymac

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ticklymac Sat Dec 08 2012, 17:39

Full mackarel didn't quite fit in her bowl Laughing

What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) - Page 5 DSC_0398-1
Ticklymac
Ticklymac

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 08 2012, 17:45

Laughing
If their anything like Blue it doesn't normally stay in the bowl long anyway.
I have thought a few times that I should save on the washing up and just throw it on the floor.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 08 2012, 18:46

Ticklymac wrote:Is that quite fattening? Diesel's just had her first pork chop for breakfast so need to see how she goes with the pork, although her stomach seems pretty sound with everything, just not dog food Laughing

it would be if i let them eat the lot Wink i slice in to little rolls and add odd ones to meals, don't forget dogs need a lot of fat in their diet Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Sun Dec 09 2012, 17:01

Excellent photos - apart from the fluffy bunny ones. Straight Face
Was thinking of switching foster onto raw - this thread has decided me.
Heart, chicken wings and a big bone tomorrow methinks.
Keith
Keith

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Wingo and Captain Weemo
Dog(s) Ages : Probably about four and, er, ten maybe?
Dog Gender(s) : one of each
Support total : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09 2012, 17:07

but fluffy bunnies are tasty Wink

Good luck with it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09 2012, 19:32

Ordered from DAF, should come on the 21st.
Ordered
Diced Beef
Diced Lamb
Beef Chunks
Raw Beef Bones
Raw Lamb Bones
Raw Lamb Ribs
Big bag of Bones
Kelp Seaweed
Cheers Ella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09 2012, 19:36

did they have everything you needed Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09 2012, 19:40

Yeah. Still experimenting at the moment with him. Blue can be a fussy bugger. He won't eat mince only diced or chunks. Just trying to find foods that agree with him and trying to get his appetite up. See how he gets on then order some different stuff next month until I find what works and what doesn't. So my house will be a good place to start if your in my area looking for free RAW food in the next few months Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09 2012, 19:43

awww Smile

Well at least i know where to come Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09 2012, 19:48

Already have 1 full bag of prize choice beef chunks and 1 bag of lamb chunks if anyone wants they can have. Blue said 0/10 not chunks just minced mushy meat squashed into squares. p.s. try feeding me this again and next time I will not only be picking up his stool but also my teeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09 2012, 19:49

i'd have them if i was closer!

Awww bloody fussy boys ey Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 10 2012, 19:08

Turkey and beef heart

What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) - Page 5 430915_10152325606910611_556432778_n

lamb spine, mutton bone, pig skin and chicken scraps
What's in the bowl today! (graphic photos - raw) - Page 5 12041_10152325606895611_1801865351_n

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 10 2012, 20:00

Nice pics. The lamb spines look good. Think Blue would like them.
Have you ever used kelp seaweed powder? meant to be good for coats and upping appetites

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 10 2012, 20:09

I give kelp and alfalfa tablets instead but very similar products very good alround things Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 10 2012, 20:10

BlueStaffBlue wrote:Nice pics. The lamb spines look good. Think Blue would like them.
Have you ever used kelp seaweed powder? meant to be good for coats and upping appetites

the lamb spines must be memphises fav thing i find them really good for keeping his teeth sparkling Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 10 2012, 20:18

Yeah Blue like the lamb ribs, which look a simular density. They are also great for keeping their teeth clean. Might order some of them in my next order.
How is memphis getting on with it? What does he like/not like?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 10 2012, 20:22

the boys favourite i think would be rabbits or lambs heads rolleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 10 2012, 20:24

Looked at them Ella only £1.50 but the wifes voice when she said I will be going in that freezer before one of them makes the hairs on my neck stand up and change my mind

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 10 2012, 20:33

he doing and looking great will eat most things loving raw sardines
but still not likeing liver or kidneys

Back to top Go down

Post by StuW Mon Dec 10 2012, 20:41

Baileys such an awkward wee guy to buy food for Sad! Sometimes he'll eat a carcass, other times he won't! Sometimes he'll eat chicken wings, others he won't! As soon as I put a lamb spine down to him the other week he munched straight into it, gave him one this morning n he wouldn't touch it at all Straight Face he's infuriating at times Laughing

Sierra on the other hand, she'll eat anything you give her Laughing she was getting tore right into Baileys bit of spine when he wouldn't touch it Laughing
StuW
StuW

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bailey, Sierra
Dog(s) Ages : 8th Sep 2011, 12th Sept 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 10 2012, 20:51

Bailey sounds a bit like Blue for eating. I'll let you know if putting some of this kelp on his food makes him eat better

Back to top Go down

Post by StuW Mon Dec 10 2012, 21:04

He never ate his spine this morning, so he got nothing during the day and got the spine again for dinner and still never ate, so he's getting left till morning again! Decided to take Ella's advice and give him a bit of tough love Laughing

I ordered 1kg of Keepers Mix aswell with my next DAF order, seen it recommended a few times!
StuW
StuW

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 10 2012, 21:05

Let me know if it helps

Back to top Go down

Post by StuW Mon Dec 10 2012, 21:05

Will do! Delivery is on the 19th for me lol Big Grin
StuW
StuW

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 10 2012, 22:06

StuW wrote:He never ate his spine this morning, so he got nothing during the day and got the spine again for dinner and still never ate, so he's getting left till morning again! Decided to take Ella's advice and give him a bit of tough love Laughing

I ordered 1kg of Keepers Mix aswell with my next DAF order, seen it recommended a few times!

haha good old tough love is normally all they need Wink

I'm so glad my two are dustbins!

Back to top Go down

Post by StuW Mon Dec 10 2012, 22:43

I'm hoping he remembers last time I made him go 2-3 days without eating anything Laughing
StuW
StuW

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 10 2012, 22:50

If not you'll just have to remind him Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by StuW Mon Dec 10 2012, 23:04

Well that's already a day he has went with no food! I got the lamb spine back out for 2 minutes and he looked interested, but didn't want to give him it as it wasn't his time to be fed! So he should be wanting it by morning Big Grin
StuW
StuW

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 11 2012, 16:08

haha daft dogs!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 13 2012, 07:00

Have a question for everyone that feeds raw. I'm giving Loki chicken wings for breakfast, but not sure how many to give him. I know it's 2-3% of their expected adult weight or something for when you feed them raw all the time, but this is just one meal. I was wondering if anyone could give an estimate of how many he should have for just one meal, or is that too vague to guess on?

By the way, I saw the pictures of them eating the rabbits. Half of me is fascinated, the other half is traumatised Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by StuW Thu Dec 13 2012, 08:50

I'm not too sure, since 2-3% is for the full day and your only doing a half day of raw, I'd maybe go for 1-2%? Bailey is 19kg so 2-3% is 380-570g so 1-2% would be 190-380g! Depends on the weight of them aswell really, but maybe give 2 or 3 or so, someone should be along with more knowledge on the matter Big Grin
StuW
StuW

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next