Multiple staffy owners.....

+4
dazza
kate32
janey
Laws
8 posters

Go down

Multiple staffy owners..... Empty Multiple staffy owners.....

Post by Laws Fri May 11 2012, 12:46

I just wanted to ask you all about ur experiences in owning multiple staffs . Have you always had two + , did you have one and then decide you were ready for a second ? how did u kno ur dog would be ok ? and how did u introduce the new one into ur family ?

Sorry for so many questions , we have had our Ziggy for about 6 weeks now and hes simply brilliant , we missed out on the puppy stage with him . However we always had an idea that we would have two dogs , instead of kids! lol , and altho we arent in the position to do this right now and maybe not for a few years would potentially love to have two . I just wanted to know your experiences and whether you found it worked , or if you had any troubles , thanks Smile

Laws and Zig
x
Laws
Laws
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Ziggy
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Multiple staffy owners..... Empty Re: Multiple staffy owners.....

Post by janey Fri May 11 2012, 17:44

I've only ever had the 1 dog at a time, I would love another but time and money, well lack of lol! Sure someone will share there experiences Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by kate32 Fri May 11 2012, 20:54

I had maisy for about a year (rescued at 11 months), then we got scooby cos I was missing having a boy (my old boy died 18months ago).

I knew maisy would be ok as she such a happy friendly girl n she been around other dogs n not food or toy possessive. It just felt the right thing to do. It took me a few months to find the right rescue dog as he had to be good with dogs and small kids and I wanted one abit older (he's 3) I was advised to leave a year to 2 year age gap.

All my and my oh family were against it, they said I wouldn't cope as my oh works away a lot but that wernt gunna stop us!

The rescue brought him to our house and we introduced them in the garden then went for a long walk, then let them off in our garden. Scoobs wasn't interested in maisy at first - too many new smells - later they had a good play then settled down. I split them at night for a few weeks and I still split them if I go out.

We've had him 2 months and he well and truely part of the family now, our family feels complete.... Love Struck

Hope this helps x
kate32
kate32

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : maisy n scooby
Dog(s) Ages : 2 n 3
Dog Gender(s) : female n male
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by dazza Fri May 11 2012, 22:13

i had my boy first for two years he gets on so well with all dogs and i said i would love to get him a play mate it took alot of arm twisting to get my wife to agree but i finally managed it so we went and bought are bitch we were just super lucky as my boy just goes mad for puppys if there is a park full of adult dogs and one puppy he always plays with the puppy so introducing them was no probs we cant even walk them without eachother now as they just wont seperate
dazza
dazza
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : harley and solar
Dog(s) Ages : 3 years/ 11 months
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by xxdonnaxfxxx Sat May 12 2012, 12:52

hiya i got tia first then about a year later decided i was gon to get her a play mate, zak, then they had 7 puppies, i would have kept them all as i was worried about selling them incase they went to the wrong type of people, i managed to persuade my partner to let me keep two rocco n pooch so i now have 4 staffies, so my hands are always full, its funny taking them a walk the looks you get lol

xxdonnaxfxxx
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : tia, zak , rocco, and pooch
Dog(s) Ages : tia 4, zak 3, rocco and pooch 10 months
Dog Gender(s) : f , m , m , f
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Sat May 12 2012, 15:35

Well my girl Diesel is year old and we decided to get another, only had our new pup Tank for a week so far, he's 9 wks tomorro.

It is busy ! Nonstop. I also have 4 kids Smile so it's pretty much chaos anyway lol. The dogs are still gettin used to each other but they do get on.

Im a stay at home mum, only my husband works so I do have the time to care for 2 dogs. If u got the time to devote to them, then go for it. A staffy is a gift that keeps on giving x
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Laws Sat May 12 2012, 17:37

With ziggy at home he isnt a dominating dog , if we say leave he leaves it no matter what it is , we can go by his food , we can make him wait for toys etc . However when walking he sometimes seems a little stiff tail wagging but still and he has a habbit of getting into trouble with male dogs for trying to dominate them by climibing on them which results in the other persons male growling and zig does it back seomtimes , no snapping etc . With bitches he seems fine no growling etc . He is still entire atm until the end of this month . I would like to hope he would be ok with a puppy if it was female in the future maybe ?
Laws
Laws

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Ziggy
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by willowthewisp Sat May 12 2012, 17:49

i got willow from rescue when she was 7 months old i was advised to wait a year b4 getting another and that staffies get on better with opposite sex so thats what i did. i got chester a year later when he was 9 weeks old another rescue and i took willow to where he was being fostered so they could be introduced they were fine together so i brought chester home! chester is now 7 months old and they are inseparable (although chester is crated when we are not about)
willowthewisp
willowthewisp
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Multiple staffy owners..... Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : willow and chester
Dog(s) Ages : willow 3 years chester 2
Dog Gender(s) : willow female chester male
Support total : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazagem Sat May 12 2012, 17:52

We got skye at 12 weeks and buster as a rescue when Skye was aprox 18 months old nearly 5 months down the line I wouldn't change a thing
At the park there was never anyone strong enough for Skye to play with so we started thinking about getting another and some one i know told me about their little boy and that they couldn't cope with him (only cause they never walked him) tried him with Skye and the rest is history
I have always had 2-3 dogs at one Time so to get a friend for Skye was always on the cards
Gazagem
Gazagem

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skye
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down