8 month old pup urinates when excited and when disciplined

2 posters

Go down

8 month old pup urinates when excited and when disciplined Empty 8 month old pup urinates when excited and when disciplined

Post by John_L Thu May 03 2012, 23:59

Hi all,

We have an 8 month old staff pup that urinates when over excited and also when he is disciplined.
Any other time the pup goes outside to the toilet.

We do not physically hit the pup, but a firm NO when he has done the wrong thing, e.g chewing something up, sends him urinating, the same thing happens when someone comes home after being away for awhile....

My old bull terrier used to do the same thing when he was excited as a pup, but grew out of it quite early.

The other staffs I've owned have not had this problem.

Does anyone have experience with this, or possibly a solution ???
John_L
John_L
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sammi, Sampson
Dog Gender(s) : 1 x Female, 1 x Male
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

8 month old pup urinates when excited and when disciplined Empty Re: 8 month old pup urinates when excited and when disciplined

Post by Guest Fri May 04 2012, 00:01

Suki did this as well. we didn't really do anything she just grew out of it.

Back to top Go down

8 month old pup urinates when excited and when disciplined Empty Re: 8 month old pup urinates when excited and when disciplined

Post by John_L Fri May 04 2012, 05:29

Thanks for that, it gives me some hope, I would of thought he would of already grown out of it by 8 months though lol
John_L
John_L

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 04 2012, 08:45

Bella is 8 months and she still does it when she is excited. Usually it's when any visitors come in the house

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 04 2012, 10:22

I hate to say this, but some of them never really do grow out of it entirely. The breed in general is very sensitive (not that Joe Public would believe it!) and some are quite submissive as well, so the slightest thing sets them off!

She should get better with maturity, though. Is she spayed?

Back to top Go down

Post by John_L Sat May 05 2012, 03:34

Caryll wrote:I hate to say this, but some of them never really do grow out of it entirely. The breed in general is very sensitive (not that Joe Public would believe it!) and some are quite submissive as well, so the slightest thing sets them off!

It's a male pup Caryll, and no he's not desexed, but we are planning to get him done....god I hope he does grow out of it, it's very frustrating, none of my other staffy's went thru this problem
John_L
John_L

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 05 2012, 07:12

I remember Jethro and Winston both being like that when younger. Winston used to widdle when he was excited alot..but now he is as good as gold ( they are both desexed now )

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 05 2012, 11:07

John_L wrote:
Caryll wrote:I hate to say this, but some of them never really do grow out of it entirely. The breed in general is very sensitive (not that Joe Public would believe it!) and some are quite submissive as well, so the slightest thing sets them off!

It's a male pup Caryll, and no he's not desexed, but we are planning to get him done....god I hope he does grow out of it, it's very frustrating, none of my other staffy's went thru this problem

Oops! Sorry, I missed that! Blushing

The only reason I asked is that early neutering can cause urinary incontinence is dogs & bitches. If he's doing this now, I would wait until he's fully mature before you have him neutered, as it could make the problem worse.

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopDogg Wed May 09 2012, 14:58

my eldest whos a year n abit still does it but not as frequent as he did think hes startin to grow out of it now just be patient lol
SnoopDogg
SnoopDogg
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Snoop,Lilly
Dog(s) Ages : 1yr5month,14weeks
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 09 2012, 15:04

Mine did it and grew out of it too, however when she was stolen the day she came back she did it again for a few days. Don't be encouraged to punish her at all for it as this could make her nervous, just ignore her when you come in the house and wait for her to calm down before you approach her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down