the good and bad

2 posters

Go down

the good and bad Empty the good and bad

Post by eogh Tue Apr 24 2012, 13:15

Hi

This is my experience with the good and bad side of breeders . First of i have to say must of the bad side is my fault for not doing things right and for pretty much being a fool . I got Mimi two and a bit years ago i knew little or nothing about staffs just had seen a few around and they seemed like fun lively dogs. A friend of mine said his uncle had some pups and was selling them cheap which should of been the first sign. But thinking nothing about it i when to get one i was asked nothing about how i would look after her or had i any experience with staffs or even dogs he just showed me the pups and asked about the money that was it. he told me she was 8 weeks old which when i took her to the vet to be checked up the vet said at a push she was 6 week. What fallow was weeks of going to the vet as she was sick pretty much for the first 5 or 6 weeks. The only good thing is the mimi is a gem such a sweet and loving dog. Even after all my mistakes she has turn out to be a credit to the breed and has been my teacher. I really got luck it could of turn out so bad.

After a year with mimi i decide i wanted another staff this time i read lots on the breed 4 books and countless hour on the web plus going to about 20 shows. I contacted about ten breeders of which i met 3 all of whom ask a million question i finally met pennys breeder who to me seemed he most interested in finding go homes for this pups and in the breeds health not money. 7 months after i met him first he rang me to say the puups were born few weeks later i call up to him and again he was so help and spent so much time helping me pick out pup and going tru what i need know to be able looking after a pup. the when she was ready at 8 weeks a collected her . Her breed has been so help and has even call me a few time to see how i'm getting on.

I hope people can learn form my experiences i know i have and its made me grow up alot . I consider my self very luck that this has all worked out for me but not every one is so luck. Please think before u get a dog and where u get them from to many dog are put down every years because people just doing put any thought in to getting a dog

P.s sorry for any spelling mistakes
eogh
eogh
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Mimi and Penny
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years old and 10months
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

the good and bad Empty Re: the good and bad

Post by Kathy Tue Apr 24 2012, 13:53

Many thanks for sharing your interesting experiences of the good breeders out there. So many times we hear only the horror stories, sounds like you did your research very well and took some time over things, so many don't.

Your spelling mistakes are completely forgiven Smile

Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 24 2012, 14:39

Thankyou for letting us know this it is a wonderful story. I would love all breeders to be like the good one, but alas most are just in for the money. Good luck with your dogs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down