Steve
Nathan
stella
9 posters

Go down

sky news?? - Page 2 Empty sky news??

Post by stella Sat Apr 21 2012, 15:20

First topic message reminder :

just catching up with my house work after coming back from me hols so in and out the front room and not listening properly to the news on the telly but from ive just heard the goverment are going to make it so all pups that are born are going to have to be micro chipped,any one else heard it,it was on sky news and like i said i was'nt listening properly.
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

sky news?? - Page 2 Empty Re: sky news??

Post by Steve Mon Apr 23 2012, 09:47

well said paul

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Apr 23 2012, 09:52

*Karen* wrote:Realistic posts.. Lol it's very realistic that we'll break away from the human rights acts any time soon and bring back national service!!

there is a very big chance of getting rid of human right act and they always talking about brining sometype of national service so IT'S REALISTIC

*Karen* wrote:
I think dog licensing is a good idea, you might say it'll be hard to enforce etc and it will be but the people who CARE about their dogs will get the licence in a heartbeat because it means there's less risk of havin your dog took away!!
If there was something more I could do to prove I was a responsible owner etc then I would do it and I think a lot of other owners on here would do it too.

The dog licensing isn't going be cheap if they every brought one out, thye never will bring one out becasue it cant be enforce so it's pointless talking about it.

*Karen* wrote:One way to police it would be to have representatives keeping track of vet practices, every dog at some point is going to need a vet, and before vets see a dog they take down yours and your pets details too, any problems ie lapsed licence gets reported to the official. I agree it's a lot of effort on the governments part but they gonna hav the licence revenue to pay for it.

There's people in the country that drive with no insurance or MOT etc, but the rest of the population does comply, and there isn't a traffic cop on every street monitoring that!! Agreed they have cameras now to check tax discs etc but still the physical police presence is not there!

where is this money coming from to enforce this £20 a year from dog owner wont even touch the sides.....

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by *Karen* Mon Apr 23 2012, 10:04

National service won't help, it just gives the wrong people the wrong intelligence about weapons and combat etc, bad lads army which used to be on the tv did look to work quite well but that wasn't the same as national service you would have now.

To be honest you sound like you want to enforce some type of communist regime and your post always sound like its your way or nothing you're so quick to shoot down others ideas.

Licencing and micro chipping alone won't help but it's a small change in the right direction.

In theory the more you educate people about good and bad breeding and the correct manner to purchase dogs, the better.

If every new puppy had to have a licence, in theory people would stop buying un licenced pups because they would know it was illegal, so a back yard beeeders demand will drop hence supply should slow down.

Altho a back yard breeder wont comply directly, if the general public does, then they'll find they don't have a business.

Like I say, theoretically this is what should happen, theres always gonna be flaws to plan and people that'll just buy a pup because it's cheap!

*Karen*
*Karen*

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 13 July 2011
Dog Gender(s) : Lady
Support total : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Mon Apr 23 2012, 10:06

there was a report in the daily telegraph on this subject on saturday(not that i read the paper,was on line)and they were saying £20.000 has been set aside to train up to enforce this!the government are having a laugh,that would'nt even pay one persons wage a year!the paper did go on to say about shutting down puppy farms and byb which i thought was good,we all know this is never gonna happen thou Sad
stella
stella

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Apr 23 2012, 10:25

*Karen* wrote:National service won't help, it just gives the wrong people the wrong intelligence about weapons and combat etc, bad lads army which used to be on the tv did look to work quite well but that wasn't the same as national service you would have now.

national will help teach kid who been badly born up, it's only a matter of time before we have melt down in the uk soceity even police offaiers have said this. talking to kid, bring out silly thing that dont work soon or later there going be a national service to fix our problem there far to many people in this country that cant bring up kids and this is why we have a dog problem.

*Karen* wrote:To be honest you sound like you want to enforce some type of communist regime and your post always sound like its your way or nothing you're so quick to shoot down others ideas.

becasue i want national service i'm a communiist dont be silly we had national service and we wasn't a communist regime before, this is the only way of fixing our dog problem.

*Karen* wrote:Licencing and micro chipping alone won't help but it's a small change in the right direction.

i dont agree, licencing fail before so why is it going ot work now?

*Karen* wrote:In theory the more you educate people about good and bad breeding and the correct manner to purchase dogs, the better.

that what we are doing but there are alot of stupid people and dont want to learn or they know it all.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by *Karen* Mon Apr 23 2012, 11:22

Umm no wanting to take away people's human rights is a bit communist in my opinion not national service.

I agree some dont deserve them ie rapists or the like but we're talking about measures to solve the dog problem here.

I genuinely think a microchip and licence would help, not completely solve, but go some way to help - if it's the law then more people will be aware

*Karen*
*Karen*

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 13 July 2011
Dog Gender(s) : Lady
Support total : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Apr 23 2012, 11:33

did banning pirbull work? no it just made people breed types more.

papering over crack doesn't work we have sorted out what making the problem that us human.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down