Ledger on the train

3 posters

Go down

Ledger on the train Empty Ledger on the train

Post by jshrew Sun Apr 15 2012, 21:51

Well we headed out for a long walk today down to the next town (about 5 miles away) then out along the canal where we met loads of people and dogs (including a lovely old couple who told me their life story and about the staffy they owned about 15-20 years ago and while we were talking another chap came along with two beautiful staffs) and had a thoroughly nice walk. But then I started to need the loo! it was all kinda in the open and loads of people about and no public loos at any point (it was one of those moments you wish you were a bloke and could nip behind the nearest tree) cross legged I couldn't face the 5 mile walk home so I decided to treat Ledger to his first train ride and get to a toilet a bit quicker.

It was a very busy train and Ledger just sat next to me quietly most unlike him not to want to sit on my knee or be the centre of attention, I was ever so happy with him just a bit miffed at some people who as we were pulling upto the station either dropped their bags on the floor right next to him or virtually stood on his tail I mean what is the need to get so close? I felt like they were in my personal space let alone his! Anyway his perfect behaviour continued even if I was tempted to give him the signal to bark Laughing

All in all another good day although during our picnic I noticed one of his broken canines (he only had 1 whole one when I adopted him) is no longer white and he wouldn't let me open his mouth to have a better look so its looking like a trip to the vets is on the cards for tomorrow.
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Ledger on the train Empty Re: Ledger on the train

Post by janey Sun Apr 15 2012, 22:05

I have to say one of my proudest/funny moments was when I took Moo to London.

We did the overground to Waterloo (45 mins, I also needed a wee and left Moo with the women opposite!), and then about 14ish stops on the underground, going through Leister square, it was awesome, had people taking photos.

Couldn't complain about people in my space cause thats whats its like proper busy train! Big Grin

On the way back we found a seat though and she slept next to me lol Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 15 2012, 22:55

Glad he was well behavied and being a guy does indeed have some advantages.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Apr 16 2012, 11:14

Glad to hear Ledger was so well behaved, I guess it's only to be expected though Smile

I hate crowded places and do tent to freak out a little and get a bit Claustrophobic.

Sounds like you both did very well star
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006