I think I'm in love....

2 posters

Go down

I think I'm in love.... Empty I think I'm in love....

Post by Pollyanna Wed Apr 11 2012, 20:52

Hi All. I put a posting on a couple of weeks about that I was going to see a staff with a view to rehoming it from its present owner. Hubby has put his twopence worth in and said that if we were going to get one we should be considering a rescue staffie. Well we found one in a rescue centre, tiny little girl aged 2 years old and a real sweetie. She just wants cuddles and tummy rubs and craves attention, poor luv. As a result, she is very boisterous with everyone - also she is not overstruck on other dogs and not sure of the reason why. It could be that she has a few dogs around her that can be quite loud. Or it could be something in her unknown past. We are going for a second visit in a couple of days to spend more time with her. I intend taking her to obedience classes and wonder if this would help. I have small grandchildren and I worry in case she knocks them over unintentionally in her anxiousness for attention. Thanks for your help. Polly
Pollyanna
Pollyanna
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
I think I'm in love.... Top_ra10

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Lily
Dog(s) Ages : 2?
Dog Gender(s) : Girlie
Support total : 39

Back to top Go down

I think I'm in love.... Empty Re: I think I'm in love....

Post by janey Wed Apr 11 2012, 21:04

Awww thats amazing Smile What shelter is she from and has she been tested with children?

Mines a rescue and she is grand with the kids, she has knocked them over but that happens! She didn't mean to and they get in the way also lol!!

Either or, you will be rehoming a staff and all it takes is training!! Good luck hun Smile

janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Pollyanna Wed Apr 11 2012, 21:26

She hasn't been tested with children I'm afraid - do you think this is something I need to get sorted first? We handled her all over and she was fine, she just seemed a nice little dog with a nice nature. The rescue didn't seem to think children would be a problem with regards going for them, just a problem with knocking over. They don't normally home dogs with children under 8 but as they are visiting chil dren they didn't see it as a problem.
Polly
Pollyanna
Pollyanna
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
I think I'm in love.... Top_ra10

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Lily
Dog(s) Ages : 2?
Dog Gender(s) : Girlie
Support total : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Apr 11 2012, 21:45

Rehoming is as much for you finding the right dog as for the dog finding the right home, mine had 3 homes before me and I have never had 1 issue with her, but its taken training.

Talk it over with the shelter, Moo has just spent the weekend wit my niece and nephews and she was great, they weren't too keen but we won them round!

janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 11 2012, 21:50

Talk it over with the rescue centre. You could always ask if your grandchildren could come & see her to see whether there would be a problem?

Having said that, most staffs are fantastic with kids. Obviously you'll need to do some training to stop the jumping up, but they learn quickly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 12 2012, 00:54

Caryll wrote:Talk it over with the rescue centre. You could always ask if your grandchildren could come & see her to see whether there would be a problem?

Having said that, most staffs are fantastic with kids. Obviously you'll need to do some training to stop the jumping up, but they learn quickly.

Well said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down