Disappointed!

Go down

Disappointed! Empty Disappointed!

Post by Guest Mon Apr 09 2012, 14:11

Was very pleased to see a handler that I admire greatly with one of her Staffies performing in the dog jumping at the show I went to. What amazed me was that her OH had a male staffie pup (around 6 months old) who to my mind was a friendly if boisterous young boy. The OH yanked the poor pup back when he and Tyson greeted each other saying that he was weary of the pup attacking Ty. The body language indicated nothing but play but always respectful of other handlers we moved off. Not long after, a small child approached the pup and the pup started to bark and went for the kid. The handler turned a blind eye. I continued to watch this pup through the morning and he continued to bark and lunge at any child that came near. I would have thought that, with the experience of handling Staffies that this family has, they would have corrected the pup at the first sign of anything like this with kids.

Back to top Go down

Disappointed! Empty Re: Disappointed!

Post by Guest Mon Apr 09 2012, 14:25

So let me get this straight. The handler was afraid the pup might attack your dog, who could defend himself if he needed to, but he turned a blind eye to the pup lunging at children not so capable of defending themselves???

Moron. Sorry, I know you know them, but that's what he sounds like to me.

In all fairness, I always grab Charlie when I see another dog coming and explain to the owner that he is a very boisterous player. However, if they are happy with that, I then let Charlie greet and play with the dog.

That pup is going to turn into a nervous wreck or worse if his handler doesn't sort himself out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 09 2012, 14:36

I dont know them all that well but the way you see it is exactly the way I do. It not if they will have problems with agression in the pup, its a case of when!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 09 2012, 23:40

We also let other handlers know Suki is a bit of a rough player as well. Thankfully for us she is great with kids.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down