17 Year Old Stafford

3 posters

Go down

17 Year Old Stafford Empty 17 Year Old Stafford

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22 2012, 11:05

URGENT 17 year old Staffie boy needs rescue placement

http://www.staffiesupport.co.uk/2012/03/urgent-17-year-old-staffie-boy-needs-rescue-placement/

There’s always a large number of Staffies in urgent need of rescue backup (and usually at serious risk of euthanisation), but every now and then an even sadder case occurs such as this – a 17 year old dog abandoned by his owner and now at risk of being put to sleep.

17 Year Old Stafford 2012_03_Mutley-225x300

Mutley’s info was posted on Rescue Helpers Unite 2 weeks ago and his appeal is getting more and more urgent as the days roll by. There’s been no offers of rescue backup yet but ourselves (Staffie Support) and All Dogs Matter have both offered to contribute to his neutering costs if rescue backup can be found.

This old boy deserves to live out his last years in a comfortable home with owners that care. If you can help in any way at all please log on to RHU and post on his thread in the poundies needing backup section, or contact All Dogs Matter.

(Perhaps you know a rescue who can help, would like to donate to keep him alive or know someone who would be able to adopt Mutley? Please contact ADM and FAST!)

AND PLEASE CROSSPOST TO HELP MUTLEY

17 Year Old Stafford 2012_03_Mutley2-300x224

Copy of original post on RHU:

C314/11 “Mutley”
White/Tan SBTX Male Entire 17 years old Avail fm 4.3.12 NCF 1st vax 25.02.12.

Owner is known to Dog warden ..always let out to stray…didn’t claim him back this time, and enough is enough. Past his time and OK to go now..but is very urgent that we get him out quickly ..otherwise may go to be PTS.

Good bodily condition. Good with people and cats! Can be snappy with some dogs..needs to go to home where he is the only dog…for best placement. Likes treats, not really into toys. Lovely older chap! Doesn’t respond to any commands though. ??deaf?? Clean in his kennel! Loves company and cuddles!!

Still very active for his age you really wouldn’t think that he was 17 years old!!!! Really sweet old boy ..despite his aversion to some dogs (but manageable) …could be because he feels vulnerable in his senior years and cant see/hear as well as he used to

Back to top Go down

17 Year Old Stafford Empty Re: 17 Year Old Stafford

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22 2012, 11:07

Oh, poor boy! I hope someone comes forward to give him some peace in his final months.

Why on earth are they going to neuter him? Isn't that taking rather a risk at his age? I know it's rescue policy, but that's taking it a bit far!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22 2012, 11:14

That is truly sad. Who could ever do that to a dog at that age. I truly hope he finds a good home

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22 2012, 11:37

if that was this country he would be here with me the distance would be mo object that so sad to be abandoned at such an age it just beggars belief

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22 2012, 11:40

He'd be neutered at most (if not all) shelters in the US. If you make one exception it opens the door for more. I do agree l, though, that it is an unnecessary risk at his age. I'm just more infuriated at the €#%& who abandoned their 17 year old dog.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22 2012, 12:02

bigwazza wrote:if that was this country he would be here with me the distance would be mo object that so sad to be abandoned at such an age it just beggars belief

I think it is in this country!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Mar 22 2012, 16:49

Why on earth give up on your dog when it needs you most, 17 years old is a great age though for any dog.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22 2012, 17:30

poor old boy to get to that age and find yourself on the scrap heap is terrible hope he finds someone to love him for his last while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22 2012, 22:11

Ohh the poor mite. What knob gave him away!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22 2012, 23:12

wow that is disgraceful. I would take him in a heart beat (if he got along with Russ) its hardly adopting, more... caring for like a nursing home till he passes away. poor old boy. needs somewhere to rest and take it easy and be loved in his final months. he looks happy and healthy though which is nice to see.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23 2012, 11:27

This was on my FB page yesterday. It makes me so angry. angry

Wish he was in Oz, I could start up an "old dogs home" with him & Kita as the first two residents. Poor old boy.

Then I would have to get a new play mate for Izz. day dreaming

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Fri Mar 23 2012, 12:23

He's a SBT X Jack Russell. 17 years old wow, realistically, he has what, a year at most left? Possibly 2 if he's in that good a nick. How could someone abandon him at that age? It's so cold hearted and cruel.
Ridiculous bureaucratic rescue rules about neutaring, this is what I hate about recues, blindly following blanket rules and not allowing any leeway. They should be pushing the government to reinstate dog licences, that's something useful to push.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23 2012, 12:52

the poor old bugger.... Sad Crying or Very sad

I suppose the people who abandoned him now have a new puppy! angry

there was a 15 year old staffy looking for a home in Australia from a rescue centre the other day.. ...breaks my heart...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23 2012, 13:11

Oh Vanessa that truly breaks my heart. broken heart

I can't imagine my life without Kita.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23 2012, 13:43

I know Lee...when I think of all the grief Jethro has caused us over the years..but the last thing I could do would be to dump him now! They must get so confused... Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23 2012, 21:13

I totally disagree with neutering at this age, theres 2 much risk, the poor soul should be able to live his days in peace.

Back to top Go down

Post by louloukk Fri Apr 06 2012, 12:39

Poor boy at 17 years old without a home did he find a home ?
louloukk
louloukk
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Charlie - Lola - Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 11 years - 15 months - 8 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Male - Female - Female
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down