Scratching

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Scratching - Page 2 Empty Scratching

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 11:04

First topic message reminder :

Milly has been really scratching the last few days I have checked her all over and cannot see anything but she is making under her neck sore any suggestions. She had Avocate on 3 weeks ago and she defo has not got fleas.

Back to top Go down

Scratching - Page 2 Empty Re: Scratching

Post by Guest Thu Dec 09 2010, 22:33

youngkaiser wrote:God how do u inject ur dogs i couldnt do that and i think kaiser would flip lol. I hate watching the vets doing it never mind myself doing it

just grab the folds of fur on the back of their neck pull it tight and stick the needle in, press the syringe there you go they dont even feel a thing, job done for another year

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Thu Dec 09 2010, 22:35

Kaiser is a wimp he squeals although i did think the vet was abit rough with him on his last one ive told my fella he has got to go in this time i feel too guilty
youngkaiser
youngkaiser
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 09 2010, 22:41

[quote="youngkaiser"]Kaiser is a wimp he squeals although i did think the vet was abit rough with him on his last one ive told my fella he has got to go in this time i feel too guilty[/quote

the only time i heard Katie giving a little squeal was when i gave her 12 week shots, i reckon that the vet must have hurt her when she got her first injections at 6 weeks. never had any other prob with her 12 month one and her 24 month ones

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 09 2010, 22:44

youngkaiser wrote:Kaiser is a wimp he squeals although i did think the vet was abit rough with him on his last one ive told my fella he has got to go in this time i feel too guilty

I am a wimp I would prob end up injecting myself.

Shane do you think 9 kg is heavy for 13 weeks?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 09 2010, 22:53

to be honest Milly it all depends on the frame of the dog, but i would thing 9 kg is a little over weight for a dog at 3 months.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 09 2010, 22:57

The fella down the road who breeds staffs said she is well proportioned and is just gonna be a big girl the nurse at the vets said the same just the vet said fat Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 09 2010, 23:05

Laughing yeah the fella down the road who breeds staffs they always says the same thing Laughing i would listen to the vet, before i would listen to a breeder of the street

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 09 2010, 23:08

Shane wrote: Laughing yeah the fella down the road who breeds staffs they always says the same thing Laughing i would listen to the vet, before i would listen to a breeder of the street

Ha ha maybe she needs a extra run, she never stops tho she is going hell for leather at the mo with a squeeky ball Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 09 2010, 23:14

dont worry she will come into her own after a while. once shes getting plenty of exercise and eating the right food. if you have any room outside in the garden, hang a rope or something made of rubber so she can get a grip on and hang this will build up her cheek muscles as well

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 09 2010, 23:45

ye i ould say memphis was boarder line weight and at 14 weeks he was 7.4 kg

and re the vets memphis has a sore on his head he had a full mot mange test and the cream and it cost me 23 pounds i think your vets just a money grabbing so and so

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 09 2010, 23:52

bigwazza wrote:ye i ould say memphis was boarder line weight and at 14 weeks he was 7.4 kg

and re the vets memphis has a sore on his head he had a full mot mange test and the cream and it cost me 23 pounds i think your vets just a money grabbing so and so

I Agree

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10 2010, 01:44

Gosh Milly you must be mad banghead
I would be a little cranky. Dont get me wrong we have those vets here that grab money like no tomorrow.. But I am so lucky, my sister has gotten her vet out in the middle of the night, meet him at the surgry and operated on something titan had on his head.. and charged her $300.. I didnt think that was to bad at all.
Milly, can you try another vet?.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10 2010, 08:41

Mel Skora wrote:Gosh Milly you must be mad banghead
I would be a little cranky. Dont get me wrong we have those vets here that grab money like no tomorrow.. But I am so lucky, my sister has gotten her vet out in the middle of the night, meet him at the surgry and operated on something titan had on his head.. and charged her $300.. I didnt think that was to bad at all.
Milly, can you try another vet?.

after reading the comments yes I am angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10 2010, 09:13

MILLY-MOO wrote:
Shane wrote:i know a vet very well and this fella has told me all the tricks of the trade, and i can tell you i only see him once a year unless its an emergency, and thats for me to get the dogs boosters which i get from him for €15 for three dogs syringes included, and i inject my dogs myself.

I would like a vet like that Milly has cost a arm and a leg allready don't mind we love her just hate being swazzed and she called her fat Crying or Very sad

Once bitten, twice shy.

Re: the weight. If you think that Milly isn't overweight, then don't take too much notice of the vet. I'm sorry you guys who said you should, but............when Dempsey was 10 weeks old & went to the vet for his 2nd jabs I was told he was 'podgy'. This was from a vet who owns & breeds greyhounds. Sure, compared to a greyhound......but he isn't a greyhound! No, you couldn't see his ribs (and still can't) but you could feel them quite easily. Anyway, I hate to see a skinny pup - I don't like them fat, don't get me wrong, but to me a tiny bit overweigth at that age is better than too skinny - especially in a dog who will need to fill out & bulk up as much as the bully breeds do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10 2010, 09:22

Caryll wrote:
MILLY-MOO wrote:
Shane wrote:i know a vet very well and this fella has told me all the tricks of the trade, and i can tell you i only see him once a year unless its an emergency, and thats for me to get the dogs boosters which i get from him for €15 for three dogs syringes included, and i inject my dogs myself.

I would like a vet like that Milly has cost a arm and a leg allready don't mind we love her just hate being swazzed and she called her fat Crying or Very sad

Once bitten, twice shy.

Re: the weight. If you think that Milly isn't overweight, then don't take too much notice of the vet. I'm sorry you guys who said you should, but............when Dempsey was 10 weeks old & went to the vet for his 2nd jabs I was told he was 'podgy'. This was from a vet who owns & breeds greyhounds. Sure, compared to a greyhound......but he isn't a greyhound! No, you couldn't see his ribs (and still can't) but you could feel them quite easily. Anyway, I hate to see a skinny pup - I don't like them fat, don't get me wrong, but to me a tiny bit overweigth at that age is better than too skinny - especially in a dog who will need to fill out & bulk up as much as the bully breeds do.

Thanks Caryll I dont think she is fat I can feel her ribs easy and she seems tall and in proportion, as for the scratching I am convinced she has a food allergy she is on Royal canin and I think it may be the addatives in some of the treats she gets because the vet said she had a slightley red ear and I belive ear infection can be a sign of food allergies so I am gona watch what treats she has Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10 2010, 10:00

Most good pet shops sell the hypo-allergenic treats - they are a bit expensive, but it might help you to see if it's the treats doing it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10 2010, 10:46

Caryll wrote:
MILLY-MOO wrote:

Once bitten, twice shy.

maybe millies vet has staffs. and she looks over weight compared his ones Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10 2010, 10:48

Maybe the vet's staffs are emaciated? rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10 2010, 12:12

Hows that very expensice rash cream working?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10 2010, 12:56

mel thanks for asking about my rash i didnt know anyone else knew about it i was trying to keep it private its going well with the cream doctor says i will be able to walk properly in a couple of weeks Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10 2010, 12:58

but no being serious memphis has been on the same cream now for 5 days and he has cleared up by a good 80% so atleast it works

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10 2010, 20:03

You think it would work on Rotti hot spots...

Titan ( my sisters gay rotti) turned 6 on thursday and for his birthday he got 2 hot spots on his neck Sad

He gets them at this time every year.. poor bugger

What is the name of it from the chemist?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10 2010, 20:06

bigwazza wrote:mel thanks for asking about my rash i didnt know anyone else knew about it i was trying to keep it private its going well with the cream doctor says i will be able to walk properly in a couple of weeks Big Grin

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor You know when it's getting bad when you find yourself walking down the street sideways

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 10 2010, 20:33

Seriously Bigwazza.... dragging your butt on the ice must be painful !
perhaps a Dr would be able to help

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 13 2010, 18:51

Mel Skora wrote:Hows that very expensice rash cream working?

seems to be working mel fingers crossed Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 14 2010, 04:41

seany boy wrote:

also anyone no how long her claws should be before they get cut ? a think they might be slightly too long will try get a pik later and post if no one can think how long is too long

If a dog’s nails are too long, you will hear the nails clack when the dog walks on hard surfaces. The dog’s nail should not protrude over the pad. When the dog is standing, the claws should not touch the ground.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 14 2010, 09:35

MissRogue wrote:
seany boy wrote:

also anyone no how long her claws should be before they get cut ? a think they might be slightly too long will try get a pik later and post if no one can think how long is too long

If a dog’s nails are too long, you will hear the nails clack when the dog walks on hard surfaces. The dog’s nail should not protrude over the pad. When the dog is standing, the claws should not touch the ground.

but dont forget what i said in a previous post when its icey they push there claws out further for grip so if theve seemed to grow really quick dont panic a see what happens when the ice has gone Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 14 2010, 10:32

MissRogue wrote:
When the dog is standing, the claws should not touch the ground.

Actually, the dog's claws should just touch the ground. Regular walking on hard surfaces (pavements etc) will wear them down naturally which is much better than clipping. If the claws don't touch the ground they will grow until they do, and then start to wear away at the ends, so you may as well let them! Obviously if your dog rarely walks on hard ground or if the claws do seem to be getting too long then by all means have them clipped or use a file to grind them down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2