cage

4 posters

Go down

cage Empty cage

Post by i love leah and lois Thu Mar 15 2012, 14:19

Sadly we are going to have to buy milly a cage.We are coming home to damage each time we leave her alone.We tend to move everything we possibly can before we leave but we are coming back to lots of damage she had managed to get in to my 2 daughters bedroom on tuesday and she had eaten her lipstick and she had her black liner liquid and she had smeared it all over her bedding and floor etc.We came back one time to toilet roll torn up all over the landing it looked like it had snowed all over the landing :lol:Recently she has ripped up my sons new duvet somehow she managed to get the cover off so we recently had all that to replace.If we shut her in downstairs.She chews all the door frames.So we have decided the only solution is to buy her another cage to put her in while we are out.She wont like this but thats the only solution we can think off
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

cage Empty Re: cage

Post by bobs Thu Mar 15 2012, 14:44

Hi, Bobs missus here. Don't fret too much about it. Sophie loves her cage. She looks at it like her own little bedroom and safety haven.

She has a water bowl fixed to the side of the crate so it cannot be knocked over and plenty of bedding.

We leave her for up to four hours and know not only that our furniture is safe, but so is she.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. >Big Grin<
bobs
bobs

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sophie
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 15 2012, 16:04

Just introduce her to it slowly and make it fun to be in so she does not see it as a punishment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 15 2012, 16:27

Would you not try a baby gate first and keep her in the kitchen with everything lifted up and the cupboard doors with baby thingys on it? Might be less stressful for her and you can leave for longer without worrying that she is in a cage. I'm not a fan of cages incase there is a fire or something.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Mar 15 2012, 17:19

We have a cage for Rocky and just leave the door open he can then come and go as he pleases.

He knows when we are getting ready to go out without him and will go and sit in the cage. Then when we get back we know that he has been curled up asleep on our bed as it is still warm, bless him.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Mar 15 2012, 20:19

Sounds like for her saftey and the saftey of your belongings and house crate training will be a good thing. I think more people here have crates than not.

Don't worry, most find them there safe havens Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16 2012, 00:13

Sounds like severe speration aniexty. Suki went through that phase as well. We left her alone only after exercise and for 10-15 minutes and increased from there. She is fine now for up to 8 hours

Back to top Go down

Post by i love leah and lois Fri Mar 16 2012, 13:39

I think it is all down to seperation anxiety.She realy doesnt like me leaving her Even though she has my other 2 dogs has company.Firstly im going to try her with a safety gate has hayley suggested,Because most of the time its upstairs she goes in to mischief.And know end of time we have come back to find she has locked herself in the bathroom Laughing She goes in to mischief in the bathroom and the door closers behind her then she locked in many of times we come back and we can hear her screaming in the bathroom :lol:I will try this and if this doesnt seem to work the only thing is to buy her another crate.I realy dont want to have to lock her up Sad but thats the only way i can stop her wrecking the house
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois

Status Status :

Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16 2012, 14:22

Maybe she needs to go wee and she knows you pee in there Big Grin

Back to top Go down