Why has she started weeing in her bed

3 posters

Go down

Why has she started weeing in her bed Empty Why has she started weeing in her bed

Post by Staffy lover Thu Mar 08 2012, 15:24

Pixee did a wee about 2 months a go in her bed, I think it was cos I send her back to bed, as she does tend to wake me or hubby up 3 or 4 times in the night, to start with, we took her outside for toilet, she did do the odd one, then as time went on, it was a case of pushing her luck and trying to get on our bed. So sometimes we would just send her back to bed. Last night she didnt wake me or hubby up, however hubby did hear her moving about alot, and I found her bed wet again this morning. Is this normal?
Staffy lover
Staffy lover
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down

Why has she started weeing in her bed Empty Re: Why has she started weeing in her bed

Post by shakespearesdog Thu Mar 08 2012, 16:17

How old is she?

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Why has she started weeing in her bed Empty Re: Why has she started weeing in her bed

Post by Steve Thu Mar 08 2012, 16:18

are you walking her, putting her out at night making sure she doing something before allow her back in?

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08 2012, 16:28

I always put my 2 outside last thing before we go to bed and most times they do abit of a wee. I have always used the word "widdles' and that is normally what they do !!
I don't let them drink after a certain time normally but we are going through a heat wave at the moment and they seem to drink alot of water at night lately...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08 2012, 17:35

maybe she needs to go for that extra wee right at bed time. if you kept sending her back to bed she has got to thinking that there is no point waking you up but honestly i would rather get up and stand at the back door for a minute than get up to the washing of a smelly wet bed. if you take the water bowl away an hour or so before bed time too cos if she is drinking during the night she will need that extra wee.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08 2012, 17:44

How old is she? If she's not a puppy, id definatly get her checked at the vet. She could have a water infection or be a little anxious. I know all dogs are different, but weeing 3 or 4 time through the night sounds alot. Does she drink alot?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08 2012, 23:51

How old is she

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Fri Mar 09 2012, 07:36

Pixee is approx 16 to 17 months now, she was found a stray, so no one knows her real age. She goes on a walk in the morning for 45 mins to over a hour. Then later have a play in the garden. In the afternoon she has over a hour walk. Sometimes last thing at night she has 15 mins walk. Often she will get 2 hours walk on a night, if time is ok. She is always put outside last thing before we go to bed. Her routine is, when we say come on bed bye times, she goes to the back door to wait to be let out, as she knows she wont be allowed to bed otherwise. I dont think she drinks a lot, we have a big bowl of water, she will drink about 1/4 of it at least through out the day. I have never had a problem taking her out in the middle of the night. Its just she didnt wake me up. And unforuntaly she did it again this morning at 5am. Hubby heard her moving about, but didnt think to wake me up!!!!! She has always woke us up by putting her front paws on my side of the bed, as this will wake me up, or walk round to hubbys side. Dont understand why she hasnt. We generally take her, well me, for a wee in the night, then if she keeps waking us up every half hour later, we know its not the toilet she needs but just pushing her luck wanting to get on our bed. She is allowed on when the alarm goes off, for a cuddle then she goes back to sleep lol on our bed. I wouldnt say she is anxious now, as she is settled.
Staffy lover
Staffy lover

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09 2012, 08:14

Id get her checked. there could be some anxiaty from here passed owner, maybe she's had a bad experiance with them. It sounds like she has a happy, stable life with you, but a past fears could have left it's mark. It sound tha only at night there seems to be a problem. Next time she goes to wee, try and collect a bit, pop it to the vets, it only costs a few pounds to test her water, you dont even need to take her with you. But if it shows any obnormalitys you'll have to take her. let us know Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 09 2012, 08:16

Staffy lover wrote:Pixee is approx 16 to 17 months now, she was found a stray, so no one knows her real age. She goes on a walk in the morning for 45 mins to over a hour. Then later have a play in the garden. In the afternoon she has over a hour walk. Sometimes last thing at night she has 15 mins walk. Often she will get 2 hours walk on a night, if time is ok. She is always put outside last thing before we go to bed. Her routine is, when we say come on bed bye times, she goes to the back door to wait to be let out, as she knows she wont be allowed to bed otherwise. I dont think she drinks a lot, we have a big bowl of water, she will drink about 1/4 of it at least through out the day. I have never had a problem taking her out in the middle of the night. Its just she didnt wake me up. And unforuntaly she did it again this morning at 5am. Hubby heard her moving about, but didnt think to wake me up!!!!! She has always woke us up by putting her front paws on my side of the bed, as this will wake me up, or walk round to hubbys side. Dont understand why she hasnt. We generally take her, well me, for a wee in the night, then if she keeps waking us up every half hour later, we know its not the toilet she needs but just pushing her luck wanting to get on our bed. She is allowed on when the alarm goes off, for a cuddle then she goes back to sleep lol on our bed. I wouldnt say she is anxious now, as she is settled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Fri Mar 09 2012, 09:10

Dont know what happened, but I lost my reply and this one has come on instead againl???? Lets try again later, as I am short on time at the moment, but just to say I have managed to get a sample of her wee by putting a tub under her, as she did it lol. She was not amused one bit.
Staffy lover
Staffy lover

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Tue Mar 13 2012, 15:50

Update, Pixee's wee is fine. And the cost was 21.50 lol. She has not wetted her bed since either. I have been running through what I feed her etc, and I think its the sarnines that have upset her. I do remember the first time I gave her some, she wouldnt leave my side and kept looking at me also went abit nasty as if she wanted to bite hubby. I left the fish for a couple of weeks, tried it again, and again she just went quiet, but didnt go nasty, and just wetted her bed instead. I reckon it something to do with her history, so I wont be feeding her fish ever again. She seem happy now and back to her bouncy full head on self Laughing
Staffy lover
Staffy lover

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13 2012, 16:09

so glad it sounds like it is sorted out! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Tue Mar 13 2012, 18:52

Thank you, yes so far its been good. bounce
Staffy lover
Staffy lover

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down