jumping

Go down

jumping Empty jumping

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04 2012, 11:11

Hi, any tips on jumping. Vinnie jumps at everyone that comes to the house, I have tried averting his attention but to no avail. Saying this he does not do it to me or my OH. I think its just pure excitement. I also tell people to fold arms and ignore him til he has all paws on floor. Trouble is he is so damn determined, will this get better he is now about 7 months old. doh

Back to top Go down

jumping Empty Re: jumping

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04 2012, 11:13

You are doing the right thing. You might want to explain this to people before they come over though.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Mar 04 2012, 11:33

If you are really finding it a problem you could keep him on lead when visitors enter and when he is calm and in a sit position, using treats as a disraction let him off. They do learn with set training bu everyone has to be doing the same thing XX
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04 2012, 12:14

when lemmy jumps we give him a gentle push and tell hime OFF and dont give him any fusses just ignore him untill he is calmed. Its terrible when you come in and he is so pleased to see you that he jumps all over me. My legs are full of little bruises from his feet. They get the message eventualy it just takes time to sink in but when he does as we want he gets lots of fuss and good boys

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down