i love my dogs BUT seriously

4 posters

Go down

i love my dogs BUT seriously Empty i love my dogs BUT seriously

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27 2012, 11:45

would you really have your dog at your wedding walking down the aisle and every thing. i would not pay out that much for a dress just to end up with it full of dog hairs and smelling of lemmy or lottie dog. love you to bits babies but you would be staying home with a doggy sitter. would bring backa doggy bag and some cake Laughing

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/26/fashion/weddings/pets-accompany-couples-down-the-aisle.html?_r=2

Back to top Go down

i love my dogs BUT seriously Empty Re: i love my dogs BUT seriously

Post by janey Mon Feb 27 2012, 11:50

Yep Big Grin Moo will be the ring bearer! Now I just need to find the husband Wink
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27 2012, 11:51

Laughing can just see Moo witha nice littel satin cushion on the back of her neck with the rings on. are you sure it will make it down the aisle and not be thrown on the floor and played with

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Feb 27 2012, 11:53

No she's good as gold with things like that (excuse the pun Laughing )

In all honesty, and it may sound daft, she would have to be there, she's my family, and I prefer her to my human family Laughing
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27 2012, 12:06

Oh, no, no, no! Dempsey? Amongst loads of people?

Surprised Surprised I dont want to s

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27 2012, 12:11

can just picture the scene now. lovely music playing in the back ground all the guests done up in their finery then the wedding march starts up teh doors open and in steops the bride with her dress in tatters from where lemmy has tried jumping up to sy hello. she walks as gracefuly and with as much dignity as possible while lottie chases the train thinking its a toy and lemmy just lies on it for the ride. then the mother of the bride wrtestles with him to get her hat back cos he thinks its fun to throw it round the room but wait Lottie spotted it and wants to play so they run over everyone playing tug and catch untill another lovely hat catches their eye and then all hell breaks loose. NAH !!!! doggy sitters the best option

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27 2012, 12:12

_julie_ wrote:can just picture the scene now. lovely music playing in the back ground all the guests done up in their finery then the wedding march starts up teh doors open and in steops the bride with her dress in tatters from where lemmy has tried jumping up to sy hello. she walks as gracefuly and with as much dignity as possible while lottie chases the train thinking its a toy and lemmy just lies on it for the ride. then the mother of the bride wrtestles with him to get her hat back cos he thinks its fun to throw it round the room but wait Lottie spotted it and wants to play so they run over everyone playing tug and catch untill another lovely hat catches their eye and then all hell breaks loose. NAH !!!! doggy sitters the best option

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27 2012, 13:26

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by brophski Mon Feb 27 2012, 13:31

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but if you ask me, its a little mad! like the above post I have to find a female first!
brophski
brophski
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Sky
Dog(s) Ages : 4yrs
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Mon Feb 27 2012, 13:48

Funny you should say that. I've been looking to get Romeo a bow tie. Not for weddings or anything-just for looking sharp Tongues

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27 2012, 14:05

janey wrote:

Yep Big Grin Moo will be the ring bearer! Now I just need to find the husband Wink

I feel you Janey Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27 2012, 22:52

Laughing I like the dogs at weddings thing! maybe not a ring bearer, russ could be an usher haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Mon Feb 27 2012, 23:00

Russell as an usher! Laughing I can see him also as a groomsman with a top hat. I could see it at the right kind of wedding. Some friends of mine got married bbq style (seriously, there was a bbq). Also, one of my wife's cousins got married at the cabin by the river in Lake Tahoe and the dog was in the wedding. She did great! Wondered personally if she was going to take a swim, but she sat there the whole time. It was great.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 28 2012, 00:51

I think I'd like a simple wedding I'd still wear the big white dress (well maybe cream haha) and I'd love to do a barefoot wedding... or just wearing thongs (for you poms that is flip flops! not g strings)

and Russell could totally be one of the groomsmen, not sure how my bridesmaids would feel when it came time to dance though...

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Tue Feb 28 2012, 01:08

russdogmum wrote:not sure how my bridesmaids would feel when it came time to dance though...

rolling on the floor
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 28 2012, 07:19

janey wrote:

In all honesty, and it may sound daft, she would have to be there, she's my family, and I prefer her to my human family Laughing

Janey / Brophski
As someone on their 2nd marriage and have almost 20 years accrued under my belt , believe me it's not worth the hassle. Anyone that says they are happily married is a bit of a fibber liar Forget about the wedding and spend the money on a great holiday for you and doggie, you'll enjoy ity more rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 28 2012, 08:05

davemck3834 wrote:
janey wrote:

Janey / Brophski
As someone on their 2nd marriage and have almost 20 years accrued under my belt , believe me it's not worth the hassle. Anyone that says they are happily married is a bit of a fibber liar Forget about the wedding and spend the money on a great holiday for you and doggie, you'll enjoy ity more rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor

I hope your wife doesn't read this Dave! Laughing

I am happily married (most of the time) but we've only been together 6 and a half years and married for 18 months so it could all change! I love Charlie to bits, but don't think he'd have been at the wedding if we had him then!

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Tue Feb 28 2012, 15:07

My mum knew someone who went to a wedding and their labrador was a surprise special guest and he brought the rings up the aisle.
I've never been to a wedding Straight Face

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content