Please read and be aware when walking your dogs x

5 posters

Go down

Please read and be aware when walking your dogs x Empty Please read and be aware when walking your dogs x

Post by Wrighty42 Fri Feb 24 2012, 12:27

http://www.surreycomet.co.uk/news/9543953._Poisoned_pizza__sparks_dog_walker_warning_from_police/

My god there are some sick people out there! this is in the Surrey area but doesn't hurt to share to make everyone aware.
Wrighty42
Wrighty42
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Alfie
Dog(s) Ages : 6
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

Please read and be aware when walking your dogs x Empty Re: Please read and be aware when walking your dogs x

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24 2012, 12:36

I must admit that i don't allow Dempsey to eat anything when we're out. A good time to perfect the "leave" command, I think!

Back to top Go down

Please read and be aware when walking your dogs x Empty Re: Please read and be aware when walking your dogs x

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24 2012, 12:41

Eugh!! :@ ..
I watch my two with eagle eyes on there walks! They know the leave command but occasionaly it falls on deaf ears so i will be drilling it into them more now

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Feb 24 2012, 13:05

Thanks for the warning, I also don't allow Moo to eat anything but she can be a pavement hoover at times Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrighty42 Fri Feb 24 2012, 13:24

Alfie is so quick at hoovering up food sometines especially bloody chicken bones that people throw on the floor ( which is a real bug bear of mine) i do watch him but when off lead your worry is that they'll eat something before you see it and tell them leave! Defo be more aware now though.
Wrighty42
Wrighty42

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Alfie
Dog(s) Ages : 6
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24 2012, 15:16

yes there are some sickos around..

the other night when we were walking our two off lead, Winston ran ahead and found some bones on the side of the road..Tony yelled "Drop"...he knows what that means and instead he started chewing faster and faster! He got a smack!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Feb 24 2012, 16:35

Some people will do anything. Rocky is getting better with the leave command, we now have a good success rate.

Last edited by kathytake2 on Fri Feb 24 2012, 16:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed a word doh.)
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24 2012, 16:52

This is why I watch Saxon's face the whole time I'm on a walk with him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pado Fri Feb 24 2012, 18:33

Last edited by Pado on Sat Mar 03 2012, 02:28; edited 1 time in total

Pado
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Please read and be aware when walking your dogs x Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dog Gender(s) :
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24 2012, 19:11

Caryll wrote:I must admit that i don't allow Dempsey to eat anything when we're out. A good time to perfect the "leave" command, I think!

I do the same... takes some vigilence as there is a lot of cr*p out there in the streets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Fri Feb 24 2012, 19:16

I am appalled at how frequent this seems to occur. I am thankful we haven't had anything like that in our town but I likewise don't allow my dogs to eat anything they find and try to scan ahead to see if there is anything that may be of interst to them. Sometimes things slip by though (especially when off-lead), but a good reminder to be vigilent!
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25 2012, 00:04

I'm very vigilant when out with Charlie, people are always throwing crap on the floor. Thankfully, Charlie is 100% with 'leave it'. There are some real horror stories around here at the mo. In the area I grew up, where my mum lives, about 15 minutes away from my house, four cats died after ingesting antifreeze that was left down by some sicko. In the biggest and most commonly used dog walking here, antifreeze was put into puddles last year and so many dogs got sick or died because of it. I stopped taking Charlie there for months.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down