Romeo won't eat

Go down

Romeo won't eat Empty Romeo won't eat

Post by shakespearesdog Fri Feb 17 2012, 10:30

Romeo has always been a really fussy eater but the last week hes hardly eaten at all. Hes always been reluctant to eat his dry food but when hes extra hungry he'll eat about a palmful once a day. He wouldn't touch his food for two days so I bought him a chicken kebab (Basically just grilled chicken-nothing nasty-I had the extra salad!) and he just looked at it in disgust! He LOVES chicken and useally goes gaga for it. Eventually he ate it but he was being really pernickity over it. He wouldn't eat his dog food for the next couple of days so i mixed a small amount of tuna with it. He picked out all the tuna and ate about 5 pieces of dry and left the rest.
He still sits begging when people are eating and will eat his dog treats but hes just leaving his food. Straight Face I don't know if I should change it? He loves cat food (which i know he shouldn't have) but seems to hate every dog food, from crappy supermarket own brand to James Wellbeloved (which is what hes been on since he was a year old) I don't think its fair to keep forcing him to eat food he dislikes.
Any ideas?

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Romeo won't eat Empty Re: Romeo won't eat

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17 2012, 10:35

He could be a bit under the weather and it will fix itself. Dogs won't let themselves starve so leave the food for 15 minutes and than pick it up. He might just be picky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17 2012, 10:43

Either that, or look into raw feeding. Have a look at these sites.....

http://rawfed.com/myths/preymodel.html

http://www.rawmeatybones.com/petowners/whatisrmb.php

http://www.krisannriorawfeeding.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Fri Feb 17 2012, 12:09

Raw is great and I used to give him a lot more of it but my mother kicked up a fuss saying she wasn't having 'blood all over the floor' and 'dead animals bones everywhere' even though there wasn't! at wits end
Also you need a decent butcher to get the stuff, I pretty much work in the middle of nowhere and by the time I get home of an evening everywhere is closed. Morrisons charge enormous amounts just for lamb ribs etc which I got from the butchers for free or pennies.
He was also quite fussy about that as well, he hated hearts, livers and the third time I got him ribs he just ignored them till I had to throw them away. Sad

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17 2012, 12:50

shakespearesdog wrote: Morrisons charge enormous amounts just for lamb ribs etc which I got from the butchers for free or pennies.

Morrisons will charge for lamb ribs for human consumption! What I get are the bits left over which they sell for virtually nothing. I get the spines & rib ends, plus occasionally some leg bones. They sell the 'gravy/stew' bones for pennies, but you have to get there when they've got some.

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Fri Feb 17 2012, 13:08

Morrisons will charge for lamb ribs for human consumption! What I get are the bits left over which they sell for virtually nothing. I get the spines & rib ends, plus occasionally some leg bones. They sell the 'gravy/stew' bones for pennies, but you have to get there when they've got some.
The butchers in your morrisons is nicer then mine. I asked him for the bits they didn't want, he fished them out the bin no less and then weighed them and charged them full price. They also charged for stewing bones. Sad Rip off merchants.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17 2012, 23:55

I get about 6 spine sections (about 6" long) for about £1. The rib ends are about the same.

What a shame your Morrisons isn't very helpful!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down