Raw Bones How Often?

Go down

Raw Bones How Often? Empty Raw Bones How Often?

Post by georgiegem Wed Feb 15 2012, 13:50

Hi all, this is kind of following on from the earlier thread on Raw diet's but I didn't want distract anyone from writing their answers to that person...

.... Anyway, Heston is on JWB and doing really well on it however I am trying to include some raw in his diet too. I have debated feeding him all Raw as my mum feeds her dog this way, but due to the nature of me & my partners job as live in estate managers for a shooting lodge we rely on the cleanliness/convenience of dry food too for when he is with us at work.
I am feeding Heston the oily fish once a week, lambs liver as a high value treat at puppy training and a raw bones as a treat when we're at home. How many raw bones a week is do you recommend? And should I be skipping a dry meal if he has one? He is 5 months old and is not capable of finishing a bone yet- he strips down the outer part of the rib & crunches down the 50% of the bone/marrow.

Any advice would be very helpful x
georgiegem
georgiegem
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Heston
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Raw Bones How Often? Empty Re: Raw Bones How Often?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15 2012, 21:18

If you're feeding a commercial food, then use a raw bone as a treat a couple of times a week. If it is just a treat there's probably no need to reduce or leave out any food. Obviously it'll depend on how big the bone is & how much meat is on it!

Back to top Go down