loosing weight

4 posters

Go down

loosing weight Empty loosing weight

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14 2012, 06:55

Hmmmm... I'm hitting a wall... the motivation isn't there. I am off to the gym after work and enlisted the help of a friend of mine who is a personal trainer and we're going to walk (maybe run... I run like a girl!) with me for free and it's also a good catch up as we don't get to see each other much lately... and he's doing it for free! It's a little depressing. I am not eating badly, it's the motivation to exercise. Working nearly 12 hour days and coming home to a household is exhausting enough! Vlad get's the remainder of my energy when I play with him. I can't walk him properly at the moment, he is still pulling too much, so my husband does it everyday. The dog trainer is going to help me with it. Anyway... the short of it is, I am still a short and slightly plump lady that needs to loose weight! Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

loosing weight Empty Re: loosing weight

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14 2012, 08:23

good luck, you should set small little goals they are easier to achieve and you feel good, instead of big ones that fail

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14 2012, 08:32

I'm trying... it's just very disheartening because I was never anything over 50-54kg up until I was 27. Oh well, like you say, baby steps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14 2012, 08:35

how much are you thinking of losing, my hubby joined slimming world, dont know if you have them there, but he is eating loads and has lost 22llbs about 10 kgs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14 2012, 08:36

so around 7.5 - 8 stone (110lb)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14 2012, 08:40

Don't have slimming world.. I tried weight watchers, but it didn't suit both of us. I'll give you my daily feed lol

Breakfast (I struggle with this because I have ALWAYS hated it) 1 yoghurt and a banana, Lunch: Minestrone soup and an apple Dinner: Is whatever I cook... it's always with veges and never anything cooked in fat (i.e., grilled chicken or lean meat or a stew or bolognaise...) I eat fruit or raw vegetables as snacks. I know female adults should consume 1200 calories a day but I struggle as I feel full before that mark!

I'm hoping my friend will be able to help me some more as it's actually starting to get me down Sad Sorry!!!! I've launched my nut bag on everyone!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14 2012, 08:43

maybe you have an underactive thiroid gland cause you dont seen to be eating a lot, have you had it checked out at the doctors

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14 2012, 08:46

lynne wrote:maybe you have an underactive thiroid gland cause you dont seen to be eating a lot, have you had it checked out at the doctors

yes, and that is the problem. Am on medication... but hate it because I have NEVER been a sickly person! I was a dancer for 16 years and never had a weight issue. Oh well, age I guess LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14 2012, 08:48

is there anything else you can take instead, wow a dancer, what kind of dancing, do you have any pics Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14 2012, 08:53

I was a ballet dancer. My mum has a fair few photos. LOL. I have always been fairly camera shy. My feet are still hideous from years of pointe shoes! All calloused and gross! My baby toenails just fall off now because they were so damaged from dancing! The funny thing is a lot of people still think I'm small...

I am going back to my GP, he said to go back after 6 months as it is common for the dose to need to be altered. I hate sounding like a complete hypochondriac... I promise I have nothing else wrong with me LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14 2012, 10:19

Diets on 12 hour days is very hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Feb 14 2012, 10:30

Don't beat yourself up about it, as Lynne says take baby steps, small goals which give you the boost to make it to the next step. Having the support of your friend will help. What will be will be >Big Grin<
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Tue Feb 14 2012, 11:27

Instead of going to the gym perhaps you could walk your dog extra, or go swimming? I know I would hate to go to the gym (If I could afford it!)
Have you checked your portion sizes? Meat, fish etc shouldn't be bigger then the palm of your hand. Try not to eat fruit as it contains lots of sugar but vegetables instead. A portion of pasta/rice shouldn't be more then two tablespoons and try to avoid it if you can.
Try to have a slice of brown dry toast with the banana instead of the yogurt and don't fry anything or use butter or oil.
Trust me I know how hard it is, my weight has been up and down all my life and i've just come down from my heaviest ever. It really ballooned after I turned to comforted eating when I was depressed a couple of years ago (clinicly). I lost it through exercise but my bad eating habits continued. When I started my new job I couldn't exercise as much and i've blown up again like a pudding. I'm back on track now and losing.
If all else fails then i recommend phetemine. Big Grin

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14 2012, 13:37

I endorse what Jade has to say. May it will be 2 years since I came down from my heaviest. Its more a change of lifestyle than dieting. Skipping meals is a no no. Eat at least 5 small meals a day. Breakfast, Lunch and dinner with small snacks in between. Dont leave out carbs but go for low GI carbs. Try and maintain an even blood sugal level all day and get at least 30 minutes cardio excercise everyday.

Small baby steps... the weight didnt come on overnight so it is not going to go overnight either. Hang in there... it is worth it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 14 2012, 13:57

hang tough. i've been there too. i lost north of 100lbs some years ago. found a few of those pounds again when i was laid up with various injuries. back on track now. Ty's right, totally worth it! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15 2012, 09:48

Thanks everyone Smile My portion sizes are small. I have even got my own plate which is much smaller than what is classed as a standard dinner plate and any meat I have I try to make sure it's no bigger than my fist and I eat my veges first. The soup I eat for lucy is 110 calories Big Grin I am just really down because I hate the way I look... but I'll get there Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Wed Feb 15 2012, 17:07

Wine and beer have a lot of empty calories. You should stick to clear spirits like vodka and gin, no more then two units a day. (Thats two shots) Stay away from fruit juice, fizzy drinks. Try to drink just water or tea. No sugar only sweetner. Try not to have any sugar whatsoever. No cakes, biscuits, white bread, processed food (This includes ham). No meat except for chicken, turkey and fish. You can have red meat once a week and offal (like liver) once a month.
I sound like i'm lecturing you-I don't mean it like that! Smile
I am just really down because I hate the way I look... but I'll get there .
I bet you look fine!Didn't you say other people think you're small. You have to start worrying when you say aloud 'I'm so fat' and no one disagrees with you but answers with 'Weightwatchers is on Wednesday' Laughing

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15 2012, 22:00

LOL: I need the lectures! I am trying. My sister who boards with us during school time is a coeliac so she can't have any wheat or gluten... I have been eating her food. So no bread or wheat pasta and everything I cook is fresh. I will still cook the husband his treats, but I don't eat them. I have been described as small but a little bit plump LOL. I'm dreading the day someone tells me where Weightwatchers is Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Thu Feb 16 2012, 04:48

I normally don't comment on weight losing topics (not a safe place for most men to venture), but just letting you know that we are here to support in any way you find constructive. I will say, a little weight training along with the other items can be very helpful with getting through a platau. Ask your friend.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 16 2012, 09:17

Thanks Smile I am happy for all the advise and support! Keep all the advice coming! I want it all!

Back to top Go down

Post by wentzer Fri Feb 17 2012, 19:15

I am right there also, I totally dislike the way I look, I work 8+hrs a day, and I try to eat healthy, its expensive tho. I try to exercise, no I don't have a gym membership always wanted one, but whats the point i wouldnt go anyway. the doctors consider me "obese" which is a wow to me, I would have never thought that. I am always on the move at work, I maybe sit for 15minutes, I'm lifting heavy items, always moving. come home and I absolutely have no energy to do anything. I play with Daisy but I am so tired. Then theres cleaning the house, and making dinner, running errands. I try to eat, but i know im never hungry (medication for add suppresses appitite). portions I have cut back the best i can but then im not full, so i fill up on water. then im always in the bathroom.
ive been working on it for 6 months, and I lost 5lbs.....I'm like serious....
wentzer
wentzer
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
loosing weight Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 17 2012, 19:24

wentzer wrote:I am right there also, I totally dislike the way I look, I work 8+hrs a day, and I try to eat healthy, its expensive tho. I try to exercise, no I don't have a gym membership always wanted one, but whats the point i wouldnt go anyway. the doctors consider me "obese" which is a wow to me, I would have never thought that. I am always on the move at work, I maybe sit for 15minutes, I'm lifting heavy items, always moving. come home and I absolutely have no energy to do anything. I play with Daisy but I am so tired. Then theres cleaning the house, and making dinner, running errands. I try to eat, but i know im never hungry (medication for add suppresses appitite). portions I have cut back the best i can but then im not full, so i fill up on water. then im always in the bathroom.
ive been working on it for 6 months, and I lost 5lbs.....I'm like serious....

Any weight loss is good weight loss... no matter the time frame. I had a bit of a slip last night, but back on track today. I try and plan my meals every day so I'm not stressing. Tonight, my husband is going to cook some fish on the BBQ because 1. It doesn't need any oil on the BBQ grill plate and 2. It doesn't stink out my house! We will have a salad or something with it too. I know what you mean about hours... today I start at 8am and finish at around 5.30 (a little less time there because it's Saturday) and I don't have another day off until next Friday now. It's hard to try and run a household and get the exercise in... Good luck and keep doing what you're doing. As I said, any weight loss is good... all the diet shows are unrealistic because the people on it don't have to deal with anything anyone else does... they have loads of professionals etc...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 18 2012, 07:11

I got my exercise during work today! Chasing 2 different thieves in 31 degree heat! OOoooooo I hate thieves! Wasted my entire day!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24 2012, 09:32

3.2Kg lost in a week Big Grin I am going to hit the gym tomorrow morning as it will be too hot for the walk Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01 2012, 03:58

Sorry I haven't been on much! I've been at the gym every day and having early nights because I've been soooooo tired! Got to have the weekend off because I'm working and my gym shuts in the early afternoon! But, I'm loving it! Can't believe how good I feel after and I'm stressing so much less!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02 2012, 02:36

Keep it up thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05 2012, 10:25

Thanks Smile I am so happy to be back at the gym! I did a Body Balance class tonight. It's a mix of Yoga, Tai Chi and Pilates... MY GOD do my muscles feel it! But in total I burned nearly 500 clarions at the gym Big Grin I just feel all light and happy when I leave. Wonderful feeling. Recommend a good workout to everyone Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06 2012, 01:36

sounds like you're going really well! do you go to Curves? I used to - I can't do gyms - well I could, its so hard to motivate yourself!
keep at it Alicia well done!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12 2012, 08:52

Thanks Smile Nah, I go to Lifestyle. I like going in and doing my thing. If I can get to a class now, I do... I don't care if I look like an idiot! If people think I look funny jumping around like a fool, it's now a care factor of zero, because I want to shift all the weight Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 15 2012, 22:39

YAY! My engagement ring fits again!!! Irony being that I couldn't wear it for a long time when we first were engaged because it was too big and I never got around to having it resized until after we were married... and up until a few days ago I couldn't wear it for 3 years because it's been too small!!!!! LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 15 2012, 23:43

Well done thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16 2012, 14:20

Jeep going pixie you doing well

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16 2012, 14:36

well done

thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16 2012, 14:49

Well done Pixie. the feelign you get after the gym is a good motivator, isn't it ? You sounds like you're doing well ... KEEP GOING !!! >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 18 2012, 06:46

Thank you Smile I'm enjoying it! I didn't think I would. It's nerve racking each Friday when I weigh myself!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 26 2012, 01:58

Ahhhh now what a turn around... I can't wait to get to the gym now! I can jog/walk for 7.1km (and I run like a girl!) and I do a body balance class which I feel awesome after! It isn't even all about losing weight now, it's just about feeling good and going to the gym, eating and drinking properly (lots and lots of water... if it's not water or tea, I don't want it) makes me feel good... SOOOOOOOO much energy! Even sitting here trying hard to catch up on everything on here is making me restless that I should be doing something more productive! It's great! The only problem is, it's coming up to winter, the weather is getting a lot cooler so I'm (out of habit) getting ready to make the pies, the stews, the casseroles and the soups... I'll just have to make healthier alternatives! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 26 2012, 02:23

Great to hear. Pretty soon you will start to feel bad if you miss a day

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Mon Mar 26 2012, 05:00

Good job!
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 26 2012, 23:20

Got to be said, I'm becoming addicted to exercise! I jog/walked 5km yesterday and then did my Body Balance class Big Grin 3 hours of gym... Felt awesome. Going today (just for a run)... once I get my teeth into something, I rarely let go LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 27 2012, 00:27

Thats great! Im just a slob. i love excersize when i get going but as soon as i stop im like "why was i doing that in the first place"

I have a hole in my foot atm though so i cant run or walk pretty much at all haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 27 2012, 00:36

I hope your foot heals soon! How did you manage that?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 30 2012, 02:59

It's all good Big Grin Gym, eating properly AND even managed to not be tempted by the husband's Mars Bar cake he's munching into at the moment!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down