So peeved I could cry

4 posters

Go down

So peeved I could cry Empty So peeved I could cry

Post by Dizzy_staff Fri Nov 26 2010, 23:16

Ok so a bit of a long story but will try and shorten it...

Basically we have 2 friends who have 2 boys, 1 is nearly 11 and is scared of dogs, the other who is 8 and is not scared but has no 'dog sense' as they have never owned a dog.
Well they all came round today and the youngest likes to play with the dogs, which they happily do. Well Dizzy had had enough of playing and had got up on to the sofa for a fuss. The kid wouldn't leave her alone and we told him she had had enough and just to stroke her. She is also very funny about her back end being touched, especially her back legs due to her having op's on them as a puppy. We tell him this every time they come round and just tell him to sit quietly and stroke her head which she loves. Well needless to say he didn't listen to us again and he grabbed her and tried to cuddle her whole body whilst leaning on her, and held her back leg. Well she jumped up and growled and got off the sofa and the kid burst into tears and started screaming. We all saw the whole thing and I know that there was absolutley no contact whatsoever, it was just an 'I've had enough of this' warning growl.
I didn't tell her off I just put her in the kitchen (and I had to stay with her to calm down so I didn't yell at anyone). The thing is I'm a) very annoyed at the fact that he doesn't listen to us or his parents when he is around the dogs, and b) scared that if something like this happens again, the dog will be out the door and down to the police kennels quicker than we know (the parents are very anti-staff/bull breeds).

Sorry for the rant I just needed to let off steam about this. Needless to say they left pretty sharpish after that and I had to have about 50 cigs to calm me down!
Dizzy_staff
Dizzy_staff
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Dizzy, Taz
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

So peeved I could cry Empty Re: So peeved I could cry

Post by janey Fri Nov 26 2010, 23:21

Thats the prob with kids that dont have "dog sense". It should be there parents that educate the children to have some. I'm all for kiddies stroking the dg but as long as they or there parents ask first, thats just common sense!
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 26 2010, 23:49

to save probs tell your freinds if there kids dont stick to the safety rules they will have to stop visiting your home but just try and not upset them

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Nov 27 2010, 00:08

So saying "If you cant control your bleeding child then your not welcome" won't work then? Wondered why I had no friends left!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 27 2010, 00:11

Janey wrote:So saying "If you cant control your bleeding child then your not welcome" won't work then? Wondered why I had no friends left!

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor the thing is janey i belive you would risk upsetting friends for the sake of your ikkl girl

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Nov 27 2010, 00:16

bigwazza wrote:
Janey wrote:So saying "If you cant control your bleeding child then your not welcome" won't work then? Wondered why I had no friends left!

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor the thing is janey i belive you would risk upsetting friends for the sake of your ikkl girl

Too dam right I would!! Its her home, and the quicker they leave the less oportunity they have to drink my beer and eat my food!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 27 2010, 00:21

Janey wrote:
bigwazza wrote:

Too dam right I would!! Its her home, and the quicker they leave the less oportunity they have to drink my beer and eat my food!
rolling on the floor

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor i beleive that one as well janey

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Nov 27 2010, 00:25

thumbs up yep, believe me I have the season for giving tatooed on my forehead NOT.
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 27 2010, 05:03

I agree with Wazza. If I were in yr position, I would politely tell yr friends that if their kid cant stick to the rules about Dizzy which are there for his safety, then they cant bring him around because at the end of the day, Dizzy is a dog and accidents happen, especially when people arent paying attention to their warnings or just wont leave them alone, even when they've made it clear they've had enough. If yr friend cant understand that, then she needs some serious educating herself. (no offence intended)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 27 2010, 09:32

Yup, me too. The dog needs some space at times & it's your house, your dog. You call the shots.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 27 2010, 10:30

the next time they come around lock the kid in the kitchen not the dog, its the dogs house Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizzy_staff Sat Nov 27 2010, 11:09

Shontelle wrote:I agree with Wazza. If I were in yr position, I would politely tell yr friends that if their kid cant stick to the rules about Dizzy which are there for his safety, then they cant bring him around because at the end of the day, Dizzy is a dog and accidents happen, especially when people arent paying attention to their warnings or just wont leave them alone, even when they've made it clear they've had enough. If yr friend cant understand that, then she needs some serious educating herself. (no offence intended)

No offence taken Shontelle Big Grin I have tried telling them time and time again. I can tell when she's had enough, and she is always good enough to remove herself from the situation and go and sit somewhere else. Thank you for understanding guys, I was so upset last night I was doubting myself as to whether I am a responsible dog owner or not.
Dizzy_staff
Dizzy_staff

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizzy_staff Sat Nov 27 2010, 11:09

shane wrote:the next time they come around lock the kid in the kitchen not the dog, its the dogs house Laughing

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor Shane, too true!!!
Dizzy_staff
Dizzy_staff

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 27 2010, 14:10

shane wrote:the next time they come around lock the kid in the kitchen not the dog, its the dogs house Laughing

Good idea! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 01 2011, 15:04

My neices were the same and the dogs do get so wound up i have to remove them and Taz has growled and moved away from a tackling Cordelia. So i put rules about approach/contact/nice play only a basic thing bright colours down by my front door and that seemed to help with my nieces. the way i worded it was as if i was the dogs.
and a big paw print as if the dogs signed it lol
goes soemthing like,
WOOF!! Hey there this is Taz and Cassie we love giving kisses to nice calm kids, we love to play but only gently we don't want to get wound up as we're so laid back and mellow and when i'm in my bed or in my crate please leave me alone as i want to relax alone etc lol stupid yeah but it worked and i told them you obey the rules the dogs made or you dont interact with my dogs. Everybody including dogs have bounderies they should be respected, some people say a kid should be able to yank a tail or a lip of a dog without a reaction but whats that teaching the kids. Dogs have limits and they shouldn't be pushed the parents should know that, should explain that to the kids. people wouldn't want kids jumping all over them dogs don't want it either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevie b Tue Feb 01 2011, 16:17

Your not a bad dog owner because your dog is behaving in the right way and moving away like a good girl,some kids need a little lesson in doing as they're told!! Shame it would be you and dizzy that would suffer if anything did happen!!if it was my mates kid or any of my sisters I wouldn't hessitate in either telling the kid off and if that was a problem with the parents,well they know thier options,don't come round!!
Stevie b
Stevie b

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sidney
Dog Gender(s) : Male

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Tue Feb 01 2011, 21:08

I know how annoying this can be the neighbours next door to my fellas always run up to kaiser screaming and shuffing there hands in his face i have told them on several occasions to stop screaming and not to put there hands out in his face as he doesnt like it but they dontlisten kaiser always growls at themand cowers because heis frightened now i have to tell thekids to stay away as frightened of the same thing as you what annoys me more is the parents dont tell them to stop luckily they have to staffys so aint got a grudge against them but its besides the point id hate anything to happen to kaiser because of these kids
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content