Post by Guest Fri Jan 13 2012, 13:00

Laughing

billy ears are lovely and soft they feel like velvet

Love Struck

Back to top Go down

ears Empty Re: ears

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13 2012, 14:05

Deaf ones when you want him to come back at the park! Laughing

Seriously, it's impossible to say at that age. You'll have more of an idea when he's through with teething.

What were his parents' ears like? He should take after them.

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertyuiop Fri Jan 13 2012, 14:12

they where rose
qwertyuiop
qwertyuiop
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : ziggy / ruby
Dog Gender(s) : male / female
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13 2012, 14:21

Then his probably will be as well. As I said, though, ears go all over the place during teething so you won't have a proper idea till he's around 5 or even 6 months old.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13 2012, 15:18

janey wrote:

Ones that listen on occasions!! Wink
rolling on the floor We can only hope. His ears look typical staffy pup to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertyuiop Fri Jan 13 2012, 16:38

thanks all bit of sillt thing to ask i love him anyway lol Laughing
qwertyuiop
qwertyuiop

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13 2012, 16:40

Not silly at all! No question is silly if you want to know the answer! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertyuiop Sat Jan 14 2012, 20:18

true lol I Agree
qwertyuiop
qwertyuiop

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno_3 Sun Jan 15 2012, 23:37

Hi Andrew,

My 2nd staffs ears was like that and i took him to a breeder and he shaped his ears on his lap and clued them it's an old way of doing it and when the clue was washing out i then used blue tack and his ears went shaped lovely then. Big Grin

Bruno_3
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Jan 15 2012, 23:53

Bruno_3 wrote:Hi Andrew,

My 2nd staffs ears was like that and i took him to a breeder and he shaped his ears on his lap and clued them it's an old way of doing it and when the clue was washing out i then used blue tack and his ears went shaped lovely then. Big Grin

Not heard of that one before?! Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16 2012, 00:19

I've heard of breeders gluing ears. To me, it's cheating & is generally only done by people who show their dogs & want to win at all costs. However, showing dogs is all about publicising how good the breeding of your dog is, and so to alter your dog's looks is cheating & deceptive.

A dog will have the ears it is born to have. I really don't see any problem with that!

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Mon Jan 16 2012, 00:26

They look like normal puppy ears to me it all depends the cartilage in the ear being present and correct rose ear they stand at the angle and fall at the sides. A young pup has floppy large ear flaps they form through teething so does the strenth that makes them rose you can glue them if you feel they need help but its way too early to know how they will turn out some pups have ears that are right and stay that way some dont and they change all the time there all different Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Mon Jan 16 2012, 00:31

Caryll wrote:I've heard of breeders gluing ears. To me, it's cheating & is generally only done by people who show their dogs & want to win at all costs. However, showing dogs is all about publicising how good the breeding of your dog is, and so to alter your dog's looks is cheating & deceptive.

A dog will have the ears it is born to have. I really don't see any problem with that!

I dont think Id do it but its a very minor fault its just helping the cartalige form as it should its not a heditary problem Ive not herd that anyway so bears no relation to parentage and breeding Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno_3 Mon Jan 16 2012, 00:37

Hi Caryll,
Yes it's used by breeders who show there staffs i did'nt know about him, until it was mentioned to someone that tyson's ears would'nt lift properly and i never touched his ears as i don't believe in it for them to take shape properly...when we got there i could'nt believe the reds on the pedigree's off his staffs and he used super glue 3 on tysons ears.
Apparentley it's an old way of doing it he said and you have to know how to shape them.
I had no problem with his ears at first but as he was growing they looked like labradors even though his parent's was like bruno's and i could'nt understand it and my first staffs rose lovely.

Bruno_3

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Mon Jan 16 2012, 00:53

I see it as if you had a child with crocked teeth would you tell the dentist not to bother with a brace as its how the child was intended or would you do what you could to present a better picture .
The rose ear is correct for the breed and looks much better a floppy ear is more prone to ear infections a cocker can really suffer from a bad ear its all down to how you feel about I wouldnt say it was cruel Smile
Im in a controversal mood tonight sorry I dont want to s
gem
gem

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno_3 Mon Jan 16 2012, 01:24

Gem,
Like i said never heard of it before and tyson's muscles must have been weak but when they took shape nicely they looked like bruno's plus he was a beautiful staff.
If i had a child with crooked teeth i would like them to be put right and straightened if possible...i'm not into things should look perfect but if you can do your best in life, then do it and when someone offered to help tyson's ears i gave it ago. Smile

Bruno_3

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertyuiop Tue Jan 17 2012, 00:43

hi thanks not tht boterd any way was just woundering weather the will go rose style will have to wait and see for got two say at times thy go into the rose shape but i seen his brother today and he got one rose and one half pickrd at the min and there both the same age ? :/
qwertyuiop
qwertyuiop

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno_3 Tue Jan 17 2012, 10:33

Hi Andrew,

With some dogs it can take abit longer but when Tyson reached nearly 4mths and i saw no difference...that's when they was done but i still had to work on them myself with blue tack...it's when i was seeing other staffs with rose bud ears plus my first staffs took shape at an early age and i thought to myself this is'nt right. Smile

Bruno_3

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17 2012, 11:21

gem wrote:I see it as if you had a child with crocked teeth would you tell the dentist not to bother with a brace as its how the child was intended or would you do what you could to present a better picture .
The rose ear is correct for the breed and looks much better a floppy ear is more prone to ear infections a cocker can really suffer from a bad ear its all down to how you feel about I wouldnt say it was cruel Smile
Im in a controversal mood tonight sorry I dont want to s

No, I'm not saying it's cruel, I'm saying it's deception! The whole point of showing (other than the narcisistic side of it) is to show not only how good your own dog is, but to show how good the pups are that are produced by the parents. If there's an ear problem (and by problem I don't mean that it's a terrible thing, just not the 'standard') then people have a right to know so that if they want to use a certain stud on their bitch they know roughly what to expect.

There are so many problems with pedigree dogs & showing/breeding that even small deceptions turn into huge talking points in the press. A champion dog recently had its title stripped from it because of a minor surgical proceedure - nothing major & nothing health-related. When it comes down to it, it depends how honest you are and how desperate you are to win!

Bandit's ears were perfect from about 4 months of age & remained that way. Dempsey's ears are too large, too far apart & the left one is slightly soft. That's the way they are & I'm happy with that. When I was showing Demps I could have hardened the sinews in his left ear, and I could have taped them together to make them stand higher & closer together, but I chose not to. They didn't affect his health & I find it kinda cute!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17 2012, 12:02

Skye's ear's started out like this and they do whatever they feel lol one stands up and the other party's the day away Laughing

This is how they are now .. one stood one dont care haha .. occasionaly both will stand and she looks like a bat Laughing
ears E0d92fef

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17 2012, 12:04

Gorgeous! Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17 2012, 12:11

Vlad has one floppy ear. We were shown how to train the muscle (not glue!) but we think he might always have one floppy ear. We don't care. He's gorgeous. Sometimes both ears look like they might just be the same, but when he is just sitting relaxed. one always flops. It's quite cute really Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno_3 Tue Jan 17 2012, 19:02

staffy-lover89 wrote:Skye's ear's started out like this and they do whatever they feel lol one stands up and the other party's the day away Laughing

This is how they are now .. one stood one dont care haha .. occasionaly both will stand and she looks like a bat Laughing
ears E0d92fef
The only time bruno tickles me pink with laughter is when i see the bat style on his back and fangs are being showed Laughing

Bruno_3

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down