Staffy pup 15 weeks old and 2 year old Cat

2 posters

Go down

Staffy pup 15 weeks old and 2 year old Cat  Empty Staffy pup 15 weeks old and 2 year old Cat

Post by jigerstar Thu Jan 12 2012, 17:47

My cat oscar and Royce play but Royce is to rough should I still allow them to play
jigerstar
jigerstar
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Royce
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : -16

Back to top Go down

Staffy pup 15 weeks old and 2 year old Cat  Empty Re: Staffy pup 15 weeks old and 2 year old Cat

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12 2012, 21:38

if you feel that he is been to rough then yes you should stop it .. only you can determine if he is been to rough or not as we cant see what they are like etc, when you see him getting to rough end it before it gets out of hand.
Personally i have never had a cat and a dog together so probs someone on here who can help you more.

Back to top Go down

Staffy pup 15 weeks old and 2 year old Cat  Empty Re: Staffy pup 15 weeks old and 2 year old Cat

Post by Guest Fri Jan 13 2012, 10:07

I agree that you should interevene if the play is getting out of hand. But judging from the pictures you posted here : https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t13301-my-15-week-old-puppy-royce
I would say that your cat seems very relaxed around Royce. Believe me cats do not hang around anywhere where they feel threatend.

Back to top Go down

Post by jigerstar Fri Jan 13 2012, 17:41

Oh thanks for that my cat name is Oscar and yeah he will lounge around infront of him but Royce just doesn't leave him alone for a second but with rest of the family when Royce sees you for the first time he will play with you wagging his tail then he will stop but with Oscar it's like unlimited prey Oscar meows a lot when Royce is bother him then Oscar rolls around well Royce licks him half to death but Oscar just hits his nose without his claws coming out accept for Royce because his claws always stay out and they grow back so quick lol there funny Royce is happy it seems rough because the way he barks and for some reason his eyes go red which really gets me worried :/
jigerstar
jigerstar

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Royce
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : -16

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertyuiop Sun Jan 15 2012, 23:03

from my point you cat will tolerate the dog for as long as pos so i you cat get fed up he / she will swipe the dog to warn him / her off hope tht help red tht in cat book abouy cat and dog
qwertyuiop
qwertyuiop
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : ziggy / ruby
Dog Gender(s) : male / female
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down