Holidays abroad with the Staffy

Go down

Holidays abroad with the Staffy Empty Holidays abroad with the Staffy

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06 2012, 20:20

Has anyone flown out from the UK to Spain / Portugal with their dog for a holiday. We were going to go to Fuerteventura / Egypt for the wife's 40th but the more I look at Tilly when I leave her for a couple of days the more I think I don't want to put her into kennels.
Currently got our Vet (Defra) looking into the whole Staffy / Staffy x thing as I know this can cause issues in France but we are quite seriously looking into closer places , take a villa or something and fly Tilly out with us if possible. Other alternative is for Daddy, daughter and no 2 daughter (Tilly x ) to drive out and then fly the OH out a few days after as she can't be doing with the long drives due to her own issues.
I know it's all organisable when moving house etc, emigrating but then there is more time available, I want to leave with Tilly and jump on a plane as if I were going by myself, I would normally fly from Manchester or Birmingham.

Back to top Go down

Holidays abroad with the Staffy Empty Re: Holidays abroad with the Staffy

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06 2012, 20:35

Never flown with Billy, would be ineterested to see how easy it is cause we go to Cyprus a lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06 2012, 20:43

read lots tonight and it seems with a few airlines (Lufthansa etc) its quite easy if you live in Europe. if the dog is under 8kg then travels as cabin baggage plus a small fee, more difficult when they are a little bigger Sad Tilly gives me the big sad eyes when I leave for a couple of days as I go on business quite a lot so I am getting really paranoid about kennels now, never gave it a second thought with our old Border Collie but Tilly gets so stressed when her mummy is still next to her

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06 2012, 21:23

Do they have to be in a cage if they are under 8kg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07 2012, 01:02

Some european countries (france is one) won't allow staffs or staff crosses into their country unless you can produce a pedigree certificate (along with the pet passport) from the kennel club.

You'll need to check with each country you intend to travel to/through beforehand or you could be faced with a problem!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07 2012, 10:26

lynne wrote:Do they have to be in a cage if they are under 8kg

It talks about some kind of cabin approved bag that will fit under the seat in front of you

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071010114901AAElGG7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down