PET PASSPORT

Go down

PET PASSPORT Empty PET PASSPORT

Post by harlou Wed Jan 04 2012, 15:49

Big Grin Just got OLLYs pet passport ,only 3 weeks to wait and no blood test ! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
harlou
harlou
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
PET PASSPORT Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : OLLY
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

PET PASSPORT Empty Re: PET PASSPORT

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05 2012, 23:28

harlou wrote: Big Grin Just got OLLYs pet passport ,only 3 weeks to wait and no blood test ! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

So maybe you can answer me a question , don't mean to be rude but has Olly got his KC Papers , reason I'm asking is I want to get a passport to go to France with Tilly this year / possibly next, we know she is 100% staff but we don't have papers so trying to find out does it have to be backed by the KC or is it up to the Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06 2012, 00:18

I can take Vlad to the UK if I want when we go over now as pets from certain countries, including Australia, don't need to be quarantined Big Grin Maybe we could take him when we visit my in-laws in Plymouth Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by harlou Fri Jan 06 2012, 16:00

Hi we lived in france for 2 years with 2 staffy crossess and had no problems .Staffordshire bull terriers were put on the french dda by mistake but this was rectified straight away as long as tilly has staffordshire bull terrier on her passport there will be no problem ,if you want to be really sure get a vet to state she is a staffordshire bull terrier and is not an american staffordshie terrier (pitbull) we will be going back to france in march ,we only have ollys papers off the breeder no kc,have you ever seen a pitbull or amstaff they look nothing like an english staffy,there are lots of english staffys in france ,i will try to put on this site the official letter statting english staffys are not either class 1 or 2 dogs (dda)
harlou
harlou
PET PASSPORT Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by harlou Fri Jan 06 2012, 16:45

Sorry had to go out before i could finish,the french dda is in 2 categorys,cat 2 is amstaffs with pedigrees,rottweillers, tosas with peds. class 1 these are banned from import boer bulls ,tosas and amstaffs without pedigree staffordshire bull terriers are not on either list they are classed as companion dogs. SO ON THE PET PASSPORT IT HAS TO HAVE STAFFORDSHIRE BULL TERRIERS crossess or otherwise !our friend was a chief of police and he told us this,best to carry the passport tho as you get some thick brit expats who try to be funny ,the french are OK!!!!!!!!!!!
harlou
harlou
PET PASSPORT Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06 2012, 16:58

Thanks for the info , I know the score which is if the papers say Staff X then potentially we have a problem, it was more a case of who decides staff or staff x, the vet or the KC

Back to top Go down

Post by harlou Fri Jan 06 2012, 17:22

as long as staffordshire BULL terrier is on the passport
harlou
harlou
PET PASSPORT Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male