Seasons

2 posters

Go down

Seasons Empty Seasons

Post by Scubasteve Tue Jan 03 2012, 23:20

When we got tinkerbell in August she was in season. Not sure how long she had been in season for as we weren't told she was in season....we found that out an hour after getting her. Judging by the amount of time the season lasted when she was with us she hadn't been in season long whilst the last owners had her, if at all.

We are planning on getting her spayed. She was supposed to be spayed after this season but we unfortunately missed the 3 month mark because of finances. Now that Ian has a new job and my student finance is finally sorted, we are able to afford to spay her but will have to wait until the next season.

My question is, could she be coming back into season already? She is behaving a little odd at the moment. Very whiny, following everyone around, and she is asking to go out in the garden literally every 5 minutes. When she gets out there she doesn't toilet or anything until you tell her to come back in, so she isn't going out because she needs a wee. She instead runs to the top of the garden and waits at the fence to see which stray dog will come and play with her. There's a little black dog around here, lives 2 doors down but is one of these that is chucked out on the street for the day. He hasn't really been around here since she was last in season but now he is hanging around in the lane, staring into our garden and waiting for Tinkerbell to come and play. So these are the reasons I think she may be coming into season, no physical signs yet though. Do you think it sounds possible that she is?

If she is then I can book her in soon to be done, but not looking forward to it again with this dog hanging around. We have decided that since Tinkerbell's recall is non existent at the moment, we will have to allow her in the garden on a long line to avoid an accidental mating. She is adamant already she is going to play with this dog and totally ignores us when he is around!
Scubasteve
Scubasteve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Seasons Empty Re: Seasons

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 23:30

She could be. Although the average is every 6 months, they can be every 4 - 18 months!

I think you'd be doing the right thing to keep her on a long lead when she goes into the garden (or anywhere else), just in case!

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Tue Jan 03 2012, 23:35

She isn't let off when out on walks yet anyway. Her recall is hit and miss, at the moment it is non-existent. Because of her over friendly nature, I can't trust her to be off as she wants to greet everyone. So walks she is on, but garden she is normally free.

However we have had a couple of escapes last week. And whilst we have temporarily blocked her escape route, we haven't yet fenced the garden so don't want to take that risk with her getting out or the little dog getting in. So think it would be best to keep her on her long lead even in the garden.

It wouldn't be too soon for her to come into season again then? I don't even know what number season this is. By the size of her teats I think she has had a litter, not sure though as she was in season recently....unless she was bred very young!
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03 2012, 23:39

Some idiots will breed a bitch at her first season! angry Can you imagine - a puppy of 6 months having a litter of pups?

Just keep an eye on her. It might not be her season, but from what you've said she's due withing the next month anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Tue Jan 03 2012, 23:52

I'll post a pic of her belly tomorrow and get your opinions. But to me they look larger than you would expect for a bitch who hasn't had pups. And to be honest if she has it doesn't surprise me as they previous owners were idiots anyway!

I will do. Will be kind of glad if she is then we can get her booked in and done, this area is too much of an accident waiting to happen with the amount of dogs on the street Sad
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04 2012, 09:21

Tyson has large teats and I can really say for sure he has not had a litter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04 2012, 10:35

Ty wrote:Tyson has large teats and I can really say for sure he has not had a litter.

Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Wed Jan 04 2012, 11:19

Caryll wrote:
Ty wrote:Tyson has large teats and I can really say for sure he has not had a litter.

Laughing Laughing

Laughing

Maybe she hasn't then, and I am jumping to conclusions.
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by haddy Sat Jan 07 2012, 10:37

Mouse (now a year and nearly 4 months old) had her first season in july last year, her teats got really big and never went back to how they originally were. She ended up having a very long phantom pregnancy so the option to get her spayed went out the window, she is currently about to come back into season and the small amout her teats had finally managed to decrease has gone back up to how they where last time so i personally would say that i wouldnt go by the size of her teats for saying if she has had a litter or not.

haddy
haddy
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Mouse
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content