What a night!!

4 posters

Go down

What a night!! Empty What a night!!

Post by jshrew Fri Dec 30 2011, 21:10

Just what I need bah humbug and all that Tongues

Well I'm just trying to get Ledger settled he has been a proper nanny dog the last couple of days snuggling up to my mum who is laid up with a bad back apparently every time she went 'ooh' in pain he would snuggle closer

But now he is a bit upset and clingy as when I went to collect him from my parents after work their springer/collie x had a stroke so I rushed 'Lucky' and my dad who was distraught upto the vets. Thankfully just a steroid injection later the vet says she should be ok but to pop back again tomorrow and has prescribed plenty of quiet and rest. Ledger could tell there was something wrong and although both dogs are kind of indifferent towards each other you could tell that he was confused as to why Lucky wasn't her usual 13 year old puppy self but I had to get him home as she wasn't up to visitors and he started whining when I shut him out of the room. He has just been out of sorts since we got home more clingy than normal feeding off everyones emotions tonight has taken it out of him topped off with some fireworks going off!

I'm now feeling quite guilty that he is meant to be staying with my parents tomorrow while I work but I don't have another option at short notice
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

What a night!! Empty Re: What a night!!

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30 2011, 21:18

OMG hope lucky will be ok and your poor mum with her back i know how she feels. am sure ledger will back to his usual self once he settles. as for work well if you have no choice and your parents dont mind then dont feel too guilty needs mmust and all that but is there no one else that can take him for the day

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Dec 30 2011, 21:28

Oh bless your poor parents, hope all is ok with Lucky. If they can't have ledge then sometimes needs must, and 1 dayone will be ok if someone can pop round to let him out briefly.

Hope all turns out ok Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Sat Dec 31 2011, 08:56

Poor Lucky hope she is ok, and hope your mum recovers soon. Could you leave Ledger at home today and ask your dad to pop round for a while maybe to let him out and play with him. One day of this won't harm! If not possible then with him sensing that Lucky isn't well maybe he will allow her the rest she needs! Hope everything is ok!
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Sat Dec 31 2011, 13:56

Normally I would consider leaving him as he would most likely sleep but he gets frantic at fireworks so it wouldn't be fair on him to be alone

Dad slept alongside Lucky last night and she is doing ok still falling over but she is improving bless Ledger I was on the phone to mum this morning and I think he could hear that she was upset as he climbed up me and put his head on my shoulder next to the phone so he is going over there this afternoon to look after mum while dad looks after Lucky
jshrew
jshrew

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 31 2011, 13:58

aw bless him for cuddling your mum while she off aher feet too. hugs for ledger hope he gets better soon

Back to top Go down

Post by dave g Sat Dec 31 2011, 17:03

Sounds like your parents are not having a good time at the moment, i wish them well...
dave g
dave g

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : bauer and pilot
Dog Gender(s) : both male
Support total : 193

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content