Lemmy lost his patience

2 posters

Go down

Lemmy lost his patience Empty Lemmy lost his patience

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16 2011, 19:53

well we were having a lovely day for Lemmy's birthday today then my nephew came. he's 22 so not worried about him. Lottie did her usual barking all the time for the first few minutes but Lemmy lost his rag and got fed up of her barking so decided he would tell her off. Teeth showing and growling he went ofr her. Lottie who has been top dog so far backed away and wen tto bed with her tial between her legs. Ten minutes later they were playing and within an hour Lottie was layed on the couch next to my nephew having her belly tickled.

Any ideas on what happened cos I dont all I think is like I said he is sick of her barking at every visitor we have.

I keep saying its time for him to loose his bits bu they every one disagrees with me even the trainer said leave him another couple of months or so.

Back to top Go down

Lemmy lost his patience Empty Re: Lemmy lost his patience

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16 2011, 19:57

I think he was telling her not to be so silly, and that your nephew's ok!

I take it there was no contact, just a telling off? Even 'top dogs' will bow to being told off sometimes! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16 2011, 20:00

no caryll he litterally went for her we had to pull him off and throw him out of the room to calm down. then 10 minutes later they were playing again best of mates

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16 2011, 20:03

So he actually bit her?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16 2011, 20:05

he was round her face but i dont think he bit her i think pete got there too fast he was stould at the side of him

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Fri Dec 16 2011, 20:17

Might be Lemmy feeling out if he can climb the ladder. I'd just keep an eye on it and not leave them unsupervised for a while. Could be many things but something did him in.
Ben
Ben
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16 2011, 20:20

It's hard to say without actually seeing what happened, but I'd say he's either fed up with the noise or he's feeling more confident about being the boss. Just keep an eye on them both as Ben says, and take care if she's barking at somebody again.

Lemmy might have thought that she was being aggressive to someone he likes?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hilsie Fri Dec 16 2011, 20:21

Julie I wouldn't worry we had 3 pitbulls years ago - 2 bitches and one dog - when the oldest bitch annoyed him he started on her just in a kind of "I've had enough of you" manner. It was at times nasty but I wouldn't say a full blown fight and neither was ever hurt but she knew immediately what he meant and backed off. Then it was the same as your Lemmy and Lottie they went back to being the best of friends within 20mins. This happened quite a few times but we never worried about it and the only times they were separated was when one of the bitches was in season.

I think it's just him letting her know that he's the boss.
Hilsie
Hilsie
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Millie
Dog(s) Ages : 22 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16 2011, 20:34

Of course, it could also have been overload on excitement. Presents etc & then your nephew coming round. Has she seen him before?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16 2011, 21:02

no lottie hasnt seen him. lottie is aprehensive and barks then quietens down when they ignore her and then she starts to sniff around them. lemmy on the other hand loves everyone.
they are never in the house alone but are sometimes left in the same room if we are upstairs for instance and never had anything like this.
they have been great till today.
like you say caryll it could have been the excitement they have been fine since and it was a reall surprise cos they have been great since the day lottie came she mothers him and they play nice till today

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16 2011, 21:19

Maybe it was just a whole host of coincidences! Excitement for both of them, a stranger for Lottie and Lemmy finding some courage! Laughing

I wouldn't worry about it, but I would just keep an eye on them for a while. It'll probably never happen again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16 2011, 22:09

its just upsetting that lemmy has done this he's usualy so placid and layed back. yes he gets excited when people come in or he see's people in the street but not this. i will keep an eye on them but i think it time for his bits off so they will all just have to suck it up and shut up before they all loose theirs as well Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17 2011, 00:48

I think it was most likely the excitement and noise. Since it was a one time thing I wouldn't worry too much. You already don't leave them alone together so I would say just keep doing what you are doing and keep and eye out for awhile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17 2011, 11:03

My two now and then have an occasion when the other really annoys the other and they snap as a back of warning .. its never ended badly and its always a snap and a bark and then its over, then they're playing within seconds.
They will stop as soon as they hear us go "AYE ENOUGH!" its never serious thank goodness.
A dog cant go to the other "look your been silly now pack it in"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17 2011, 12:01

There seems to have been a lot of excitement and I think Lemmy was letting her know he found her behaviour too much. Lottie seems to have responded correctly by backing away. Since they are happy together again I would say that you all handled it well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down