Do you miss your dog(s) when you're working in the day ?

2 posters

Go down

Do you miss your dog(s) when you're working in the day ? Empty Do you miss your dog(s) when you're working in the day ?

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30 2011, 11:36

I do ! Well I am today, maybe that's because he's starting to follow me everywhere now in the house, which I'm so thrilled about. But most of my days are spent texting my mum or dad 'how's my boy ? Has he eaten ? What's he up to ? Has he poo'd ? What's his poo like ?' seriously ! I love to know what he gets up to while I'm at work .. the best bit is going home. I open the front door very quietly, take my shoes off very quietly in the hall way, look through the glass door that enteres the lounge and check out what he's doing or where he is .. calling his name, watching his ears move from side to side as he slowly but surely knows his name .. he knows where I am now. He comes up to the door, and I cratch the floor .. then burst the door open shouting 'MUMM'YS HOME !!' hahahaha I love it. He jumps about all over the place. Ah the fun we have with our pets eh !! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Do you miss your dog(s) when you're working in the day ? Empty Re: Do you miss your dog(s) when you're working in the day ?

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30 2011, 11:38

I keep pics of Suki on my desk Big Grin Our welcome home ceremony usually takes about 20 minutes Laughing

Back to top Go down

Do you miss your dog(s) when you're working in the day ? Empty Re: Do you miss your dog(s) when you're working in the day ?

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30 2011, 11:45

jstaff wrote:Our welcome home ceremony

Haha I like that !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30 2011, 12:15

I'm lucky, I take Dempsey to work with me, although today he's at home because of the strike - my two kids are both home from school (6th form).

But yes, I miss him when he isn't here, even though he sleeps most of the time (in a crate under my desk!).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30 2011, 12:19

I wish I could take Suki to work with me Crying or Very sad The better half takes excellent care of her but I do miss her

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30 2011, 12:24

jstaff wrote:I wish I could take Suki to work with me Crying or Very sad The better half takes excellent care of her but I do miss her

I really am very lucky that my boss is a dog lover & owns Dempsey's best friend! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30 2011, 12:32

That's awesome taking him to work. The girls in my office melt over Monty's pictures in my phand and would love me to sneak him in lol

What kind of job do you do Caryll that allows you to being him to work ? How lucky.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30 2011, 12:41

I'm a parish secretary for my local Catholic Church, so my boss is my priest! He has a GSD bitch that's only about 2 months older than Dempsey & they virtually grew up together - I even looked after her for a while about a year or so ago.

The office is only accessible through the Church & at first there was a bit of opposition from one or two parishioners who didn't like the idea of a dog coming through the church, but they soon got to know him, especially when he saw off an abusive intruder once!

I know I'm lucky & I really appreciate the priest allowing me to bring him, even if he does sometimes stink the office out! sick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30 2011, 14:13

That's awesome ... wanna swap jobs ? :-D

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Nov 30 2011, 16:39

She used to come to work with me when I was running pubs, changed jobs last year and yes I do miss her when I am at work now Sad
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30 2011, 17:05

You are so lucky Caryll. I am a freelance consultant and work from home. I have one major client with major projects on at the moment so go in at least 90 hours a month.

Tyson is my life so when I am at the office I miss him like mad and tend to drive everyone nuts with the Ty talk. They say I am obsessed but at least here I feel normal.

I have taught Ty not to go wild when I get home. He usually sits quietly in the garden, comes to the door with me and waits til I have put all my stuff down. Then I give him lots of cuddles. The theory is he will not jump on the family (especially the little ones) when they come to visit but so far not much luck there! He still jumps and goes nuts!

Would love nothing beter than to take my boy with me to work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Wed Nov 30 2011, 17:57

I miss mine when I am gone to work. I sometimes take him in to the office when my business partner isn't there and I don't have any clients coming in who would be offended. He will come with me Friday Big Grin . I also do some work from home like now (shhh, I usually leave this site up while working and go back and forth every now and then). I also come home for lunch when I can and see Monte. He and I both wish he could come with me everywhere all the time!
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down