saw a staffy being killed today :(.......

+12
Laurarhys
cocosmum
ditzeee
Nosipho
i love leah and lois
four leaf clover
Stace.and.Billy
skewbald
Ben
Sookies Mum
gem
Rochelle121
16 posters

Go down

saw a staffy being killed today :(....... Empty saw a staffy being killed today :(.......

Post by Rochelle121 Sun Nov 27 2011, 01:50

I was on my way home from seeing a friend and i saw 3 lads lying down on the road..well i asked if they wer ok and then they asked me to phone the rspca wich i did,but as i walked closer i saw they wer trying to restrain a staffy...the owner who had only had him 2weeks because the previous owners had dumped him..well ive never seen anything like it..they managed to restrain the dog and he was fine for about 30 seconds and then out of nowhere he started attacking again..he was savage the 1 lads arm was bleeding alot then another had his hand badly bitten n tis 1 lad that didnt want the rspca sent out because they would put the dog down was now being mauled badly..it ripped through his jacket straight into his arm he managed to get a grip of the color but that snapped because it was low quality material not a decent leather one..then the dog wriggled and sank its teeth into his chest he jumped up because he had been kind of sitting on the dogs back holding the color n there was a big wound in his chest wich i dint notice how bad it was till after the dog then snapped again and had his arm,the owner at this point had walked off at this point saying he wanted the dog put down but now ran back when he hd heard the noise and wrestled it off his friend he had it gripped with his arms sort of round the dogs chest and the bottom of its neck and went intto his kitchen with the dog still struggling and he was shouting he couldnt hold it much longer and i was worried if he let go again it would deffinately attack again,well i waited outside but i still had the dogs chain as i had picked it up incase they needed it but i thought i need to go so i walked in and the owner had it with its neck pressed against the side of a cupboard strangling it if u can imagine it was awful i said youre killing it and he said i know i have to and i agree i have a staff of my own but i have never seen the look in any dog that was in this dogs eyes..it wouldnt have stopped it had to be stopped it was savage...but still i didnt expect or want to ever witness anything like it...to see an animal die is horrible its owner and 1 of his friends where crying,you could see they didnt want to do it but they did have too..i cant imagine what could have happend if it had been day time and it would have went for a child say because these 3 lads maybe early 20s were in a bad way,..there was alot of blood come from there wounds it was awful..im sorry if this post is abit higgldy piggldy but its a hard thing to explain and i am shook up!! you can never imagin how vicious a dog can be untill u witness it yorself, soo sad it had to end up the way it did,ive never felt so useless in my life,i never have a problem springingf into action but today i just didnt have a clue wat to do..i didnt want to be the 1 to have to kill him so really i was useless and had to just watch them being hurt because obviously they wer telling me not to go near it and im glad they did but i do feel awful that i cudnt help im usualy quite good at dealing with things i just spring into action but this I was useless Sad

Rochelle121
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : perriot (pronounced peer-oh)
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 4

Back to top Go down

saw a staffy being killed today :(....... Empty Re: saw a staffy being killed today :(.......

Post by gem Sun Nov 27 2011, 02:05

OMG how horrendous for all concerned .
I always advise never underestimate a dog especially a bull breed they do have the tenacity to keep going Ive witnessed some incidents but nothing as bad as that and dont know what to say but the dog must have had serious problems he should have been uthinised and not passed on thats irrisponsible from his last owner.
gem
gem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

saw a staffy being killed today :(....... Empty Re: saw a staffy being killed today :(.......

Post by Rochelle121 Sun Nov 27 2011, 02:18

i agree i think it was highly irresponsible for his previous owners to have jus dumped him for someone else to deal with rather than taking responsibiliy,..Ive never witnessed a dog attack at all before (and hopefully wont again) i knew bull breeds where powerful but you can never imagine how powerful untill u see it with youre own eyes,
I can easily see how ppl are badly injured and sometimes killed now..it has been a real eye opener for me..i was racking my brains trying to think if he could had rabbies or something to have made him that way? i just cannot believe he was either trained to be that way or neglected and ended up that way..im truely stunned,..i cannot decribe the look in its eyes..i was saying to the one lad wen it was quiet for th 30 seconds or so i looked at it and i said that dog needs a vet theres something up,something not right with that dog..but he wasnt happy about me foning the police because he said he was an animal lover and didnt want it put down and i agree its not an ideal end but i do realise when it needs done it NEEDS done,this dog would have been a very real danger to any1 had it not been put to sleep..the best of it is the owner said it was the second attack in just the fort night he had had it but put the 1st attack down to new owners etc..well straight away i said and u brought it out without a muzzle??thats irresponsible on theyre part..i tried saying imagine if it wasn't them it was an innocent passer by? an elderly person or child?? thank god it wasn't worse i suppose..small blessings!

Rochelle121

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sun Nov 27 2011, 02:29

I would say thats very rare but unfortunatly we do hear it happening and it usually involves a child getting hurt or killed Crying or Very sad whatever the reason we must do the right thing and pts dogs that are capable of this the dog snapped for some reason may have been medical , chemical imballance just sorry you witnessed it and its affected you so badly Sad
chin up try to get passed the negative and concentrate on the positives of our breed
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sookies Mum Sun Nov 27 2011, 02:44

That sound just awful, sorry to hear you had to witness that...

A few years ago my boyfriends dog (13yo staffy), I took him for a walk ad he got into a fight up at the local park. He had never done this before, so it caught me off guard, he wouldn't let go of the other dogs ear..his collar came off when i grabbed him and still he went back for more. Even when I was lying on top of him, still no change, Finally he was off the other dog and my arm was bleeding an broken fingernails bleeding everywhere, he walked home with me as if nothing had happened.
I was so shook up over that, I cant imagine how freaked out you were in that situation.
Hope you a little settled now and have had a nice cup of tea
Straight Face
Sookies Mum
Sookies Mum
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Sookie
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochelle121 Sun Nov 27 2011, 02:54

Thank you guys Smile im quite a sensitive person when it comes to ppl and/or animals being hurt so i probably wasnt the best person to see this, i shed a little tear on the way home and then doubted my own dog but when i got in and saw his big brown eyes and wagging tale i know my boys to soft to even stop the cat eating his food let alone bite anyone..so i give him a cuddle and i had a nice big cuppa and i do feel alot better thanks to you guys to Smile just needed to vent abit i think,such a shame when for watever reason it comes to a dogs life being wasted and possibly due to just irresponsible owners and being passed around..i wish i could tell my pup how lucky he is when hes crying for a cuddle at 3 in the morning!! lol

Rochelle121

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 27 2011, 03:32

OMG.....I am in shock reading this.

What a horrific thing to have witnessed. First, the attack, but then ........ Surprised

I do agree that in such a situation sometimes it is in the best interest of the dog and the behaviours, along with the safety of it's owner and people in general that the best option is to PTS, but I don't agree with the way it was done. I know things happen in the heat of the moment, but when he got he dog inside could he not have released the dog in a small room such as the toilet or bathroom, shut the door and called the RSPCA or a vet to come and deal with the situation in a more civil manner ?????
Two wrongs don't make a right ..... what the dog did was DEFINITELY wrong, I am not denying that for a second.

Sorry, that is just my opinion.

I hope that you are not too shaken up from the whole event. I can only imagine how horrible it must've been, and I hope the guys injuries are not too bad and can be treated properly and heal well.

Hugs >Big Grin< and a coffee coffee to you from me ........ peace sign

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 27 2011, 03:41

How sad. The dog obv had a bad life. The people were good to restrain it. It was the kind of dog that noone could save and as much as pts is wrong, being in a kennel is more wrong. RIP doggy, im just so thankful those guys were respectful to it and didnt just beat it.l

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 27 2011, 03:50

What a terrible situation. Sounds like it was very scary to watch. It would have been much better to have the dog humanely euthanized by a vet than to strangle it to death in his kitchen. I guess they were in the heat of the moment, though...

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochelle121 Sun Nov 27 2011, 04:19

I dnt like the way the dog was pts either but the young lad did try to release it into the kitchen but everytime he tried to losen his grip it wriggled to bite him..he was trying to push it through the kitchen door but he had to keep a grip to try and hold its head as it kept going for his face and arms,I can honestly say that i feel he could not have put it down,you cannot believe how fast they move when theyre like that,never in my wildest dreams would i have ever been able to picture what i saw today but seeing is believing,at the end it was just me and him in the kitchen as his friends had ran upstairs to assess their injurys i imagine? and he was shouting for help saying he couldnt hold it much longer,I feel i can honestly say he felt he had no other choice as he was crying,wich is somthing i dont think many lads in theyre early 20s do for nothing,I know he didnt want to do and i didnt like it n wouldnt advocate it but on this occasion after seeing what i saw, i can stand by his decision,its a very hard thing to be put in that situation and to be running on the adrenalin i can only imagine they were having, actualy having been bitten and 1 of them very badly 3times,and i cant say im very happy with the police or rspca right now when i foned the police the women seemed more anoyed at my call than concerned as i had to act as a go between as i knew nothing about the dogs or owners and then i told her the lads wer lying on the dog restraining it as it had allready attacked the owner and she kept asking to talk to the owner instead of me because i knew nothing,well i explained that i had to talk for him because they wer currently restraining the dog and the attitude i got from her..awful...then during me being on the fone the dog seemed to calm abit,this is where the owner walked off and foned the rspca and then the dog attacked the other 2 lads this time,well all hell broke lose etc etc happend the dog was pts and in all this time and me being there still for maybe 5mins after the dog was gone and still no police or ambulance nothing..i can see where they were thinking from i supose the owners arm was bleeding alot as was his hand bleeding but not so much,i supose he was hurt and certainly weaker in the 1 arm and was scared and had alot of adrenalin going around..i could see he was running on pure adrenalin i mean i was shaking like a leaf and i hadn't been bitten,so i can only imagine from his point of view?

Rochelle121

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Sun Nov 27 2011, 06:02

Oh I'm so sorry! I can't imagine how terrible that must have been! What a horrible thing to have happen, just horrible.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 27 2011, 06:07

Oh, i thought it was held until they came and pts. i didn't realise THEY killed it. I can't help but think thwy they sdidnt just leave it in a room and leave?

My dog had a BIG fight with my other dog (a 14 yo Ret)...full on blood everywhere...(the blood was on my staff from the ret...the ret had so much fur my staff with no canine teeth may i add couldn't bite her!)but when i went in and stopped it (i admit i HAD to smack her with a brush very very hard) even though she was panting and bleeding she was still VERY affectionate. My dad had her by the neck and was about to shoot her but i was so distressed and hysterical my mother(who hates animals) stopped him. Shes 10000000% better since she was 1, seperated and 2, the other dog died (of a stroke, she was 15!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 27 2011, 06:35

wow that must have been such an awful experience, I'm so sorry that you had to be a part of it I imagine I would be just as shaken.

although being PTS properly is ideal, no one can predict how something like this is going to play out, its obviously easier to say 'lock it in a room' than it was to actually do it at that time. poor dog Sad poor boys. feel bad for the guy who felt that strangling his dog was the only option Sad must have been so hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by skewbald Sun Nov 27 2011, 10:42

my heart felt sympathys go out 2u and the lads who had 2 wittness dat ordeal and endure the suffering 4 all partys envolved. i hope u and the lads get ovr this. and may the poor dog R.I.P. May sound bad but mayb it wer 4 da best allround!
skewbald
skewbald
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : MURPHY
Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 27 2011, 10:47

What an awful,awful thing to witness Sad horrible thing to happen for all involved.Hugs to you >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Stace.and.Billy Sun Nov 27 2011, 11:01

like alot of people have said it is definately a rare and unfortunate event, but like you said rochelle its probably the owners and being passed around. We have taken the chance with Colt by inviting him into our home and with him being a rescue dog us not knowing the background behind his previous "life" and so far he has done amazing he came in and sniffed around and we went to bed and he said goodnight to the kids on his own popped in both rooms gave them both a kiss then went to bed himself. so as i say we have been lucky with him and i hope that others can be lucky and that incidents like this do not happen to anyone as it tarnishes the staffies name even more than it already is.
Stace.and.Billy
Stace.and.Billy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Taz(R.I.P), Stanley, Colt
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 27 2011, 11:14

good god, how absolutley awful for u and espeacially those poor poor young lads! My heart goes out to everyone involved and of course the poor dog who quite obviously had some sort of problem to act that way with humans....
From your heart felt describtion of the events that took place i dont think i would of done anything differently. If they could physically not let go of the dog as horrible as it must of been i no for a fact my husband would of done the same thing..... Obviously ideally it would of been taken 2 vets to be pts but that obviously could not of safely been done.
RIP poor troubled boy...

Back to top Go down

Post by four leaf clover Sun Nov 27 2011, 11:44

OMG! That must have been an horrific event to witness. How are you feeling now?

I hope that the lads injuries arent too serious. It sounds to me that the owner didn't really have any other choice if he was unable to let the dog go safely. It must have been very hard for him. Sad
four leaf clover
four leaf clover
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
saw a staffy being killed today :(....... Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Clover
Dog Gender(s) : 2 Females
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 27 2011, 12:32

This is just too horrific. I cant even continue to read all the posts I am so upset for all concerned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochelle121 Sun Nov 27 2011, 13:44

I'm sorry this post is upstting some Sad but i did need to get it off my chest,
Thank you for all youre kind comments i do feel abit better today,i was lying on my settee last nyte with my pup perriot and i kept getting a few waves of well worry i spose about my own pup Sad i looked at him and kept thinking back and thinking what i saw and thinking of what my pup was capable of wich was causing little waves of panic but i refuse to let this tarnish a lifetime of love for staffies! ive had staffys all my life and so have family friends and i have never seen anything like it so im just going to keep reminding myself of this,Its crazy really because only the day before me and my mom had been duscussing the undeserved bad reputation staffs have and then this! and it makes me doubt my own staff!! i cant believe it had affected me that much,I know i'll be fine in a few days ive just got to keep my routine with my own puppy and not start to let it affect him!!
It was a terrible event for all involved and hopefully 1 that will not be repeated,
Thanks guys for listening to me Smile i feel better this morn xx

Rochelle121

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 27 2011, 15:23

It could have been any dog not just a staff. All dogs are capable of going mad if thye are treated wrong, so dont worry about your pup! That dog obv belonged to some hard lard who though it was "cool" to have an abused and deranged animal. Well that didnt work out too welll

Back to top Go down

Post by i love leah and lois Sun Nov 27 2011, 17:02

Such a horrible story.I know the the dog was attacking the young men but to strangle the poor dog i realy dont agree with this.This poor dog must have had a very bad upbringing to turn like it did,Maybe the dog should have been muzzled also
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois

Status Status :

Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochelle121 Sun Nov 27 2011, 17:47

i agree this all could have been avoided if it had have been muzzled in the 1st place but every option was tried before it was strangled,but it would not stop attacking for a minute they couldnt even put its lead on it was so ferocious,I feel sorry for the dog having to be put down the way it was but on the same token i think its such a shame that wen a dog attacks not only does the dog suffer but witnesses etc do too,if i would have been attacked it could have left me with a fear of dogs,i was left nervous round my own dog,ive been the same with my dog today as any otherday and i now feel a whole lot better but to think if someone who would otherwise make a fanastic owner had witnessed this and then been left with a fear of them?things like and stupid owners dont only harm the dog but also innocent ppl who would otherwise love a dog!! it makes me so frustrated to think of the lack of thought ppl put into having an animal and then moan at the consequences :/ when fact is 9times out of ten the owness is with the owners themselves!! n now chavs have spoiled this breeds name and we all get abuse at some point or other for owning 1!! does it not feel like fighting a losing battle at times or is it just me?? :-<

Rochelle121

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 27 2011, 18:58

OMG! what an awful thing to see. Big hugs to you I can imagine it shook you up, and RIP to the little doggy to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Mon Nov 28 2011, 16:43

How terrible and horrifying for everyone involved. Especially the poor boy who thought he had given the dog a good home, fell in love with it and then had to kill it. The dog must have had something seriously wrong with it is 3 full-grown lads couldn't hold it down and it wsas just biting and attacking. How traumatising I can't begin to imagine what must of been going through the boy's head. Did you see what happened or did they say the dog just suddenly went crazy? In a way its lucky that it happened when he was outside and the lads friends were there, from what you say he could have been even more seriously injured if he was alone. Well done for staying around and offering your assistance though, most people would have scarpered. You did the right thing, god when I think of the poor boy crying and holding his dogs head in the cupboard it makes me well up!
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochelle121 Mon Nov 28 2011, 17:10

Thank you nosipho The owner was a good lad even when he was shouting for his friend to help when he was being attack evrytime i stepped near to try and do something he told me to step back i can only think he was respectful of the fact that im a women and may have been even worse hurt,
In answer to your question they had said the dog had been fine all day and then just flipped out,I imagine it must have had real problems and even after all of what happend the lad still took the time when i said i had to go to ask me if i was ok,there he is bleeding alot and asking me if im ok,and apologizing that i had to be apart of it!He was a good lad you can tell by peoples actions he was more concerd that everyone else was ok than himself,
Atleast thank god these things are rare and i just hope this hasnt put these young lads off having a dog again but to be honest i think it may have done,certainly if i didnt allready have my pup i would have been put off and i wasn't involved to their extent,

Last edited by Rochelle121 on Mon Nov 28 2011, 17:21; edited 1 time in total

Rochelle121

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochelle121 Mon Nov 28 2011, 17:17

oh nosipho i saw it from when they wer lyng on it,this was after the first attack on the owner and apparently it had just snapped,they managed to "calm" him i say that but i could see there was somthing up still and still i wouldnt go near him,It was the second attack onward i saw from,

Rochelle121

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ditzeee Wed Nov 30 2011, 13:01

That is so awful, i don't know what i would do if i was ever in a situation like that. RIP doggy and i hope whoever made you like that gets what they deserve! No doubt it was another staff bought as a status symbol and treat like one too. Poor lad for having to go through it too! Heart breaking!!
ditzeee
ditzeee

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Munch & Roxii
Dog(s) Ages : 6 & 6 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Both ickle girlies
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by cocosmum Wed Nov 30 2011, 17:14

How absolutely dreadful for all concerned. What a dreadful thing to witness. I honestly don't know what I would have done in the same situation but this dog was obviously dangerous. It's so very sad. if it had been with someone responsible from the start it would probably have been a different story. I'm gutted for all involved and furious with whoever dumped it in the first place.
RIP little doggie...run free...xxxxx
cocosmum
cocosmum

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Otis,Coco,Danny,Jenny,Poppy,Guinness
Dog Gender(s) : 3 males, 3 bitches
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Laurarhys Wed Nov 30 2011, 20:31

Ooh such ashame on both sides, ;( Sad

Laurarhys

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Diwrnach Wed Nov 30 2011, 22:48

Truely awefull for all concerned, I have witnessed a similar situation myself, wont go into detail but wanted to say add that its easy for people to say they dont agree with what the lads did, and couldnt they just put it in a room and call the rspca, I'm sorry but you have obviously never seen a dog REALLY losing it, how do you just place it in a room and leave it, tell it to sit?

When you let go, its going to savage you, you cant simply put the dog down on the floor and walk away.

Diwrnach

Status Status :

Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by AzzynCav Thu Dec 01 2011, 10:28

What an awful story!!

I think those lads without doubt did the right thing (not saying I could do it though), must have been horrendous.

People who think that the dog should have been placed in a room and the RSPCA/SSPCA or who ever called, are not living in the real world.

Sad all round, as said previously lucky it was not a small child.

Were all dog lovers but in reality human life more important.

Hope your ok Rochelle121 as well as the lads

AzzynCav
AzzynCav
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Tia
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by chris_tian Fri Dec 02 2011, 00:28

Rochelle121 wrote:I was on my way home from seeing a friend and i saw 3 lads lying down on the road..

That's just horrible! I have to ask you one thing though. You say the dog was a staffy but can you really be sure? When I say staffy I mean a pure breed Staffordshire Bull Terrier. The dog might have been a mixed breed no?

chris_tian
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Katchaniis Kalle Kula

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02 2011, 00:49

what a shocking and horrific sight you witnessed.... I would be a gibbering wreck..I was bad enough reading all the posts..

can't help but wonder what led up to the dog going berserk..who knows what horrors in it's previous life led up to this...sad for everybody involved.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochelle121 Fri Dec 02 2011, 14:18

Thank you all and yes im ok now Smile ive managed to put it all but behind me..I'll allways remember it but we cant let it affect us long term not since we all know how lovely these dogs are,Thank you diwrnach im sad you understand butt glad u can understand what i was saying and where i was comming from,sometimes the outcome is just a necisary evil,
Chris_tian yes the lads where lying on the dog when i first went over and things unfolded much more after this i spent half an hr atlest doing nothing but look at the dog it was definately a staff i think it is why it botherd me as much as it did at the time because being a staff it was too close to home,I have owned/been brought up around staffs all my life and i can deffinately say it was a pure bred it was very handsome and a high quality staff if you like,if it wasnt for the obvious he would be a dog any1 would be proud to own he was a perfect looking staff very muscly not too tall legs just the right size body just right nice wide head with the prominent grove short nose in all very astheticaly pleasing,..no doubt about it a pure staff and no doubt could have been in shows and made the right owner very happy,such a shame things did turn out the way they did because lookswise i have owned pure breds sired by champions and this 1 was a gorgeous boy,

Rochelle121

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochelle121 Sat Dec 03 2011, 02:11

Also I don't think it really matters what breed it was it was a shame for the dog all the same...even if it had of been a poodle i'd have still been the mess i was it wouldnt have been nice to see happening to any1 or any breed of dog..i just wish/hope ppl would get a clue before owning pets especialy staffs,I wouldnt mind but its common knowlege that a novice really shouldnt take on a staff or think very carefully before they do..because they are hard work they do take alot of effort with excercise and training etc n they will destroy stuff if not addequetly excersised mentaly and physicaly its all worth it if you put in the effort it comes back ten fold but im sure some ppl just think ahh it'll be ok and then wen its not and the animal goes stir crazy or watever from being stuck in a crate all day they wonder why :O

Rochelle121

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by chris_tian Wed Dec 07 2011, 01:45

Rochelle121 wrote:Also I don't think it really matters what breed it was it was a shame for the dog all the same...even if it had of been a poodle i'd have still been the mess i was it wouldnt have been nice to see happening to any1 or any breed of dog..i just wish/hope ppl would get a clue before owning pets especialy staffs,I wouldnt mind but its common knowlege that a novice really shouldnt take on a staff or think very carefully before they do..because they are hard work they do take alot of effort with excercise and training etc n they will destroy stuff if not addequetly excersised mentaly and physicaly its all worth it if you put in the effort it comes back ten fold but im sure some ppl just think ahh it'll be ok and then wen its not and the animal goes stir crazy or watever from being stuck in a crate all day they wonder why :O

The breed matters. The reason, in my opinion, staffys have gotten a bad reputation is mostly because of misidenfication. The culprits are usually mixed breeds. Pure bred staffys with pedigree (how else would you know if it's a pure bred dog?) are expensive. Young clueless owners (late teens to mid 20s wanna-be tough guys usually) seldom have that kind of money so they go for dogs without pedigree i.e mixed breeds. My point here is that we shouldn't be so quick to say that an attacking dog is a Staffy, GSD, Rottweiler or whatever because most of the time we simply don't know. To get at the problem with irresponsible owners I fear the only way is to ban all mixed breeds.

chris_tian

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Katchaniis Kalle Kula

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochelle121 Sat Dec 10 2011, 00:44

i dont agree with mixing breeds either,Ithink there would be alot less homeless dogs if it were banned,that point i agree with,i feel confident enough that it was a staff and like i said it had been dumped so who would really ever know? I think maybe ppl under 21 shouldnt be allowed a dog or should be intermitently monitord for the first 2yrs if they do get 1,
It would cost alot of money but also save alot of animals being neglected or put in a rescue centre,.

Rochelle121

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Sun Dec 11 2011, 21:15

What a horible thing to witness and for the 3 lads to go through.

I know I don't agree with the way the dog was pts but in the heat of the moment.......who knows what you'd do.

Hope you're ok Rochelle and that the 3 lads injuries are not too bad. R.I.P. doggy.
Jon
Jon

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Ty
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down