bad reaction?

3 posters

Go down

bad reaction? Empty bad reaction?

Post by eddiela1873 Mon Oct 17 2011, 21:30

hi all baby floyd just had his second jab andnow hours later his neck has a big egg on it!!
is this normal? help!

eddiela1873
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

bad reaction? Empty Re: bad reaction?

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17 2011, 21:33

Hi & welcome to the forum.

Although it isn't 'normal', it can happen. As long as it isn't bothering him, and it isn't hot & red, I wouldn't worry too much. You could try giving half a piriton tablet which may help.

If it hasn't started to go down in 24 hours, or if it's getting bigger/irritating/hurting then I'd ask the vet's advice.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Oct 17 2011, 21:36

If its not bothering him wait till morning and give the vets a call. So as above really.

Hi and welcome btw Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by eddiela1873 Mon Oct 17 2011, 21:41

cheers 4 help gd forum going(Y) thumbs up phoned the vet whick is about an hours drive and want £120 to look at him.
it hurts him when pettin him as usual but over than that hes kool doesnt look great tho sick lol btw is a harness beta than coller ?

eddiela1873

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17 2011, 21:48

eddiela1873 wrote:cheers 4 help gd forum going(Y) thumbs up phoned the vet whick is about an hours drive and want £120 to look at him.
it hurts him when pettin him as usual but over than that hes kool doesnt look great tho sick lol

Just keep an eye on it. £120 just to look at him? Surprised What sort of a vet is that? Mine would book me in with a veterinary nurse & probably charge me nothing cause it's a follow on to the vaccinations! I'd try & change vets if I were you!

eddiela1873 wrote:btw is a harness beta than coller ?

That really depends on your own preference. I've always preferred to collar train a dog first, and then decide whether to use a harness or not.

I've used harnesses but I actually prefer a flat collar (leather or softex/webbing) for a pup, and a half-check for an adult.

Back to top Go down

Post by XBoNeSX Mon Oct 17 2011, 22:17

I find Harness is better have more control of dog and less chance getting loose when walking them ...
XBoNeSX
XBoNeSX
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : kiesha
Dog Gender(s) : Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17 2011, 22:19

XBoNeSX wrote:I find Harness is better have more control of dog and less chance getting loose when walking them ...

Yes, but you have less control over the 'business' end (the teeth!) if you have a dog that isn't over-friendly with other dogs! It can also put their elbows out as they tend to throw their weight forward. That isn't too much of a problem as long as you don't want to show your dog.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17 2011, 23:26

Hi and welcome from us and Suki. 120 just to look at seem seems way to high. I think I would be looking for a different vet as well. Did everything turn out okay?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down