is my dog part lizard?

+4
danny
Ben
gem
magnusb
8 posters

Go down

is my dog part lizard? Empty is my dog part lizard?

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12 2011, 23:12

how do i stop my Pickle from Licking faces!
i mean wow.
he is like a lizard man lick lick lick lick.
now Tel'c is monkey see monkey do... if Pickle can.. i can...yuck guys enough!
ive tried everyting i can think of.
I was hoping he would grow out of it but not so far.
I can handle the fact that he steals my socks from the laundry and hides thyem .. they smell i get it...
I can handle the pyrimid stacking... waking up with tel'c lying on me and pickle lying on him! (wow never seen it before.. i seen 4 staffys stcked up once weird but cute)
I can handle the fact that i cant literaly take a crap or have a bath or sccratch my bum with out it them wanting to be a part of everything i do i luv the guys to bits.
I give up on the licking.... "i know where that tongue has been i just saw lick your own balls 10 mins ago what makes you think id apprteciate it ?"
HELP ME? lol

Back to top Go down

is my dog part lizard? Empty Re: is my dog part lizard?

Post by magnusb Wed Oct 12 2011, 23:19

if its any comfort i read somewhere dog saliva is high on antiseptics! Tongues

Anyway it seems like you need to set some boundaries!
Every dog i had loved to lick my face its part of their nature to lick around the mouth its showing affection. But if you don't like it ( I don't either) Just keep your head away from the dogs mouth.

That being said I don't allow my dogs to lie in bed with me etc. anywhere they are in reach of my head and I do force them off me if they start licking my face. I'm sure in time they will understand that your face/mouth is off limits.

Don't be too hard om them as it is a sign of affection and such behavior shouldn't be discouraged.

Last edited by magnusb on Wed Oct 12 2011, 23:27; edited 1 time in total
magnusb
magnusb
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed Oct 12 2011, 23:23

Ha ha Laughing
gem
gem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12 2011, 23:29

i think thats a myth..lol When i first got tel'c i was asleep dreaming an ogre was dragging me to a dungeon by my goatee which is quite long (sarge is a metal head and has cool but weird dreams) i awoke to find little tel'c sitting on my chest with the end of my goatee in his mouth shaking and pulling it grr grrr ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Wed Oct 12 2011, 23:47

lol, I don't think you can train them out of it. I had one that would go on for days if you let him. It isn't fun for us, but they are showing thier love. Probably just have to not lay where they can get ya. Your guys sound extreme. haha
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13 2011, 00:00

Dogs in the wild lick the bosses mouth to show they are under the thumb and to smooze you so theyre are in your good books. It's a good thing, but yes annoying. When he does it push him away and say a loud AH! or put your hand up and let him lick your hand instead maybe?

Back to top Go down

Post by danny Thu Oct 13 2011, 02:56

How long do you walk him ?
danny
danny
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Duke & Duchess & Vito
Dog Gender(s) : Duke male Duchess female Vito male
Support total : 8

http://www.debullterrier.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13 2011, 08:35

lemmy loves to give lots of kisses i have been told its a staffie thing cos they do it more than others all you can do is say STOP or distract them. sometimes its an attention thing especialy if your asleep and the dogs awake they get bored and will wake you up (or is that just my little ignorant ill mannered pest Big Grin ) i read somewhere as well that dogs have a cleaner mouth than we do full of antiseptic cos they lick wounds to clean and help healing plus like you say we have all seen what has been near that mouth so i would hope they can clean the mouth too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13 2011, 11:26

iamsarge wrote:i think thats a myth..lol When i first got tel'c i was asleep dreaming an ogre was dragging me to a dungeon by my goatee which is quite long (sarge is a metal head and has cool but weird dreams) i awoke to find little tel'c sitting on my chest with the end of my goatee in his mouth shaking and pulling it grr grrr ...

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby&Me Thu Oct 13 2011, 11:34

Caryll wrote:
iamsarge wrote:i think thats a myth..lol When i first got tel'c i was asleep dreaming an ogre was dragging me to a dungeon by my goatee which is quite long (sarge is a metal head and has cool but weird dreams) i awoke to find little tel'c sitting on my chest with the end of my goatee in his mouth shaking and pulling it grr grrr ...

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor

PMSL!!! rolling on the floor rolling on the floor
Ruby&Me
Ruby&Me
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
is my dog part lizard? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ruby and Beau
Dog Gender(s) : Girl and Boy <3
Support total : 9

https://www.facebook.com/CarlaMOFO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13 2011, 12:39

my two give lots of kisses too lol .. only time i refuse them is if they have been eating poop sick .. then they get teeth brushed! and NO kisses haha.
i just scrub my face with soap and cleanser afterwards lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by danny Thu Oct 13 2011, 12:40

_julie_ wrote:lemmy loves to give lots of kisses i have been told its a staffie thing cos they do it more than others

If you know anyone with a bull terrier ask him about the "bull kisses" .
Or just go visit someone with a bull terrier and get the bull experience :-)
danny
danny

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Duke & Duchess & Vito
Dog Gender(s) : Duke male Duchess female Vito male
Support total : 8

http://www.debullterrier.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13 2011, 13:09

I don't think that is something you can teach them not to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Thu Oct 13 2011, 16:06

Forgive me, I'm tired and my eyes are a bit blurry but in the bold section I thought you said orgy Tongues

Anyways.....Jack is no different....loves a lick when he can lay one on me. When it gets too much I will push him away, although having said that I never want that side of him to ever go away. It's his way of showing love/affection Smile
Dan
Dan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Jack - Max
Dog(s) Ages : 3 years - 10 months
Dog Gender(s) : Male - Male
Support total : 107

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxien78 Thu Oct 13 2011, 19:31

Well...From what i have read and seen in puppy training videos, dogs do that stacking thing from birth, they call it the puppy pile. The pup on the top is the dominant one, he/she has earned the right to be up there and its apparently a sign of dominationg over everyone. So i think maybe stopping them lying on your bed at night? Otherwise it could lead to problems for you later.

As for doggy licking, my mums 2 dogs do it and my breeders dogs do it. I think it's just a thing they do, we kiss each other they lick lol. You could train them not to do it tho but would you really want to? Tongues
Maxien78
Maxien78

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Sapphire
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Oct 13 2011, 19:39

I hate it when she licks my face, I think I'm outnumbered there lol!

I discourage it and she doesn't do it. But my friend who has her at weekends lets her do it and she is all over him sick (sorry). I don't mind her licking me but not the face thank you!

She is older but you can stop it if you wish, just tell her no, they soon learn Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13 2011, 20:15

i dont mind woody doing the kissy face thing, its when he suddenly decides thats a bite me opportunity too!!!

sorry no advice on stopping it but i found your post hilarious, keep up the witty situation desciptions!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13 2011, 21:00

crikey thanks for all the helpfull advice... this place is awsome... i tell ya its an adventure a day with these dogs... there antics are so funny sometimes.. they really do emulate human emotion. There sensitivity to good and bad energy amazez me. My mate JamZie cant understand my dogs... for some reason they just luv the guy to bits... they can here him walkin down my driveway... "jamzie? snif'snif JAMZIE JAMZIE>>>>!" i litteraly haqve to make them both sit and wait till he gets inside otherwise they go beserk.. Pickle blue eyes even used to get so excited that he sometimes niped him. Took a while but they are much better now. As soon as he sits down they are stuck to him like glue... my boys are reasonably well behaved for an obsesivly compolsive breed but this takes the cake. and the funnything is and believe me i get great joy out of it is that he was terified of dogs never having them as a kid.. To see him sitting there trying not to be afraid while my dogs literly worship the guy... tel'c lying on his feet..pickle staring at him from the chair next to him with his 'i could do no wron blue eyes.. i mean they luv him bad. Its not so bad for him now he has grown used to them and even likes them and has even feed them dog biscuits on ocation....(the only human to ever feed my dogs other thatn me.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Oct 13 2011, 21:13

Special bond Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by magnusb Fri Oct 14 2011, 01:33

yeah dogs are special i swear when i was younger and lived with my parents 15 minutes prior to my father coming home ( he never did come home at the same time each day) the dog would wake up and start wandering back and forth to the door.

Also last Sunday when i was babbysitting my parents shepherd my girlfriend got home from from seeing some friends as soon as the bus stopped, about 30 yards from my house, the dog had picked up the scent (the way they catch it in the wind and raise their nose) and started getting excited.
Dogs are truly amazing animals Smile
magnusb
magnusb

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxien78 Fri Oct 14 2011, 21:11

iamsarge wrote:crikey thanks for all the helpfull advice... this place is awsome... i tell ya its an adventure a day with these dogs... there antics are so funny sometimes.. they really do emulate human emotion. There sensitivity to good and bad energy amazez me.

I love how dogs can love unconditionaly and not nly that they are better at sensing things than we are.

I remember being 16 and pregnant and in a hostel (long story) i was only about 3 months but the hostel had a few dogs, a great dane, a basset hound and a long haired dachshund. All dogs were female but the dachshund was the best. As soon as i hit 6 months pregnacy she would NOT leave my side. She would wait outside the bathroom for me, go to bed with e and sleep by thebedroom door, she would lie at my feet in the dinning room, she did everything with me, not by my choice, it was hers. Sheeven had her own phantom pregnancy Sad poor thing. She even knew i was going into labour before i did, she was moaning at me and pacing the room, then coming back and laying her head on my legs with those begging eyes and then whooosh my waters broke lol.

She was one of the most loving caring dogs i ever had the pleasure of knowing, even after i had my baby she would sit at the base of the moses basket and watch over the baby, only moving for food, walkies and to empy her bladder. In the end one of the hostel workers had to take her away for the week because she was getting too obbsessive over it, not protective, she wouldn't go for anyone,she would just hang around just to make sure everything was fine, sort of in a way a mummy dog would look after her pups.

Dogs never sease to amaze me with what they can do and what they know...this is why they are our best friends Smile
Maxien78
Maxien78

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Sapphire
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down