Introducing a new pup to my pup.... help

2 posters

Go down

Introducing a new pup to my pup.... help Empty Introducing a new pup to my pup.... help

Post by Jackieb Wed Oct 12 2011, 10:31

We have been offered my pups Brother of the same age [5mths] as he needs to be rehomed due to the family being at work all day etc.

My question is - how is the best way to introduce my pup to the new one ? altho they were littermates its not like they will remember is it ?

when we bring the new one home - do we introduce them outside etc ?

thx
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Introducing a new pup to my pup.... help Empty Re: Introducing a new pup to my pup.... help

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12 2011, 11:30

anychance you can take diesel to a park or something and then your brother or someone brings the other pup .. that way you can have them meet and bond in surroundings that neither are all too familiar with etc.
Get them together to meet and aslong as they get along take it from there, play with them both, praise them both and then if they get on you can walk them home together.
When entering your house you go first, then diesel then the new pup .. they should be fine id of thought been only months old etc.
They DO and WILL play rough lol just keep your eye on body language and if they get too excited just calm them down before it escalates etc.
When the new pup wonders of and you are left with diesel or if diesel wonders of and left with the new pup, dont be overly fussy than you usually would or the pup will think, i get more attention when the other is not around! Smile
Goodluck hope all goes well! =)

Back to top Go down

Introducing a new pup to my pup.... help Empty Re: Introducing a new pup to my pup.... help

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12 2011, 11:56

Can't really add to that, except to say...........Good luck! With two that age, you'll need it! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12 2011, 12:57

Can't really add much here either except not to leave them alone without seperating them for awhile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby&Me Thu Oct 13 2011, 11:14

Caryll wrote:Can't really add to that, except to say...........Good luck! With two that age, you'll need it! Laughing

I agree!!!!

Its hard for me with Ruby and Beau and there is a year and a half between them,let alone the same age!! at wits end Good luck!!
Ruby&Me
Ruby&Me
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Introducing a new pup to my pup.... help Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ruby and Beau
Dog Gender(s) : Girl and Boy <3
Support total : 9

https://www.facebook.com/CarlaMOFO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down