PAH James Wellbeloved BOGOF

2 posters

Go down

PAH James Wellbeloved BOGOF Empty PAH James Wellbeloved BOGOF

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12 2011, 09:26

Saw this on another forum & thought I'd share - offer is for today & online only...

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/gifts/brands/james-wellbeloved-cat-dog-food/james-wellbeloved-cat-food-and-treats/

Back to top Go down

PAH James Wellbeloved BOGOF Empty Re: PAH James Wellbeloved BOGOF

Post by janey Wed Oct 12 2011, 10:34

They never do the flavours I use, but thanks Caryll Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by maria0077 Wed Oct 12 2011, 11:43

Hi,
my friend went there and bought a big bag of Lamb and Rice Puppy Kibble from James Wellbeloved and I wanted to ask:
I have not fed Stella with dry food before, I give her either wet food or raw (I'm still hoping to feed her only raw at some point). She doesn't have any problem with it, poo-wise, she can have a NatureDiet or ZiwiPeak can one day and raw lamb or turney other day and she is fine, but I don't know about the dry food because the consistency is so different....and it's such a big bag Surprised
I was thinking about using it just as treats ot as filling in toys or something.
Do you think I can give her let say breakfest dry food and dinner wet food?
My friend said that in Pets At Home they had said that dry food is much better than wet food - is it because of teeth cleaning?
I think that the wet food I have is excellent quality, especially ZiwiPeak, it makes Stella's meals often more expensive than mine ones Laughing
Thanks Xx
maria0077
maria0077
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
PAH James Wellbeloved BOGOF Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Stella & Kai
Dog(s) Ages : Born May 2011 & Oct 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12 2011, 11:49

The dry food is no better than wet for the cleanliness of their teeth - they'll both leave deposits, but dry is better cause they have to chew it. It's also a lot cheaper in the long run and easier to keep over a period os weeks if you get a big bag. Most of them do small bags, though, if you want to just try it.

If you're going to feed raw, then be careful mixing the different foods. If you want to feed dry & raw, then use raw for morning feed & dry for the evening - this is because the digestion times are different. It takes about 4 - 6 hours to digest raw, and up to 17 hours for dry.

No problem feeding them as treats, though, as long as you take account of their total daily intake & adjust their meals accordingly - otherwise....fat dog! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by maria0077 Wed Oct 12 2011, 12:14

Thanks,
yes I didn't plan to mix dry and raw together in one meal, I will do it as you say Tongues
And if the dry food makes her chew her food the better, she doesn't chew at all, especially the raw, she just loves it and swalows the pieces of meat (let say 2-3 cms big) at once, it takes her approximately 8 seconds to empty her bowl when there is raw meat Surprised Once I gave her pork rib and she stripped such a long piece of meat, let say 3 cms wide and 10 cms long and swollowed it just like if it was a wee treat.....it's probably not good, is it? Straight Face
Yeah in regard to weight management, Stella loves her food, my vet told me last time that she could be 0,5-1kg lighter but that it is OK.
I can't see her ribs but I can feel them easily when I touch it so I believe she's fine but I definitely have to keep an eye on it Rolling Eyes
Cheers Xx
maria0077
maria0077
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
PAH James Wellbeloved BOGOF Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Stella & Kai
Dog(s) Ages : Born May 2011 & Oct 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12 2011, 22:35

Ideally, if you feed raw then the meat should be big enough for them to have to rip & tear it to eat - that way they clean their teeth as well!

If your dogs tends to swallow things whole, then try starting them off with a frozen strip of meat so that they have to rip & tear to be able to swallow it. That's why raw meaty bones are a good idea - they need to rip the meat off the bone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down